Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 01:36 PM

210 posts, read 395,275 times

Advertisements

You can block them once on chat then they msg you again and again and again and it goes through every time even if they're blocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I don't understand what you mean? If you block someone they can't send you no kind of request, chat, message, nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 01:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,092,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_kiss1 View Post
You can block them once on chat then they msg you again and again and again and it goes through every time even if they're blocked

So you must be HOT huh? lol

Old 03-10-2013, 01:41 PM

210 posts, read 395,275 times
you haven't met me then.. joking. But yes, it happens all the time with about every guy on the site. Very persistant. It is a turn off though. I like to be nice to everyone but sometimes can't happen with their attitudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
I've heard that some guys do this . Don't they realize that's a big turn-off? I'd never do that as I wouldn't want the girl to think she's special anyway. IMO, NO woman is worth begging for.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:35 PM

50,988 posts, read 36,683,722 times
Quote:
You never saw a rejection from a employer wish a applicant good luck in their employment search?

I don't feel like I need LUCK to find someone so if a woman says that to me i will become disrespectful

It's a figure of speech accepting by society at large as courtesy and being polite. People don't need luck to have a good marriage or to do well at a new job either,but we still wish them luck. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about dating, no need to take things so personally.

About the employer, I've never have one wish me luck because if I didn't get the job I just didn't hear from them.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:37 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's a figure of speech accepting by society at large as courtesy and being polite. People don't need luck to have a good marriage or to do well at a new job either,but we still wish them luck. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about dating, no need to take things so personally.

About the employer, I've never have one wish me luck because if I didn't get the job I just didn't hear from them.

And that's the exact same way woman should be online. If they don't like the guy they should delete and block him.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:20 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,906,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I always sent a rejection message. Regardless of how many messages I got, you can just type "you sound like a great guy but I don't think we'd be a match. Best of luck to you", then copy and paste it 100 times, to me no big deal. I just think it is courtesy if someone obviously took time to read my profile and put thought into writing to me. I very rarely got anything bad back, in fact I got many guys who thanked me for responding even if to reject.

As far as too many messages, I only got bombarded when I was "new meat", meaning the first couple weeks after posting or updating my profile, after that it leveled off. This was the case for most women I knew who did OLDing.
For me I always gave a guy a chance as long as he didn't have kids. When he did have kids I would usually thank him for the message but tell him it was a deal breaker. Look wise while I did prefer certain looks I would met men without that look because you never know.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:29 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,906,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I think I rather just meet the man for coffee or something first, before giving him my number (and before wasting time with crazy messaging). I just do better meeting someone face-to-face. Also, if you meet him and find out there's no chemistry or whatever, you pay for your coffee, thank him for his time, and wish him luck. You don't waste your time or his. Since you just went ahead and met him face-to-face, you don't risk someone who is a bit of a whacko calling you all the time. It's rare, most men out there are decent guys IMO, but every tenth one seems to be a little crazy (in a scary way).

There was a thread here about men posing as women on online sights, are you sure the ones that don't every want to call and just do things online are really who they say they are?
I'm not crazy about exchanging numbers either because I figure most I'll never meet. I did give my number to the last guy I met (who turned out to be wonderful) but the only one. The guy I met before that I gave him my number after we met to get together again but he decided he felt no chemistry. I didn't get weird at all, it was one of those things.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:33 PM
FBJ

Why are so many people scared to have their number out when there is a such thing called "THE CALL BLOCK FEATURE???

Old 03-10-2013, 03:37 PM

50,988 posts, read 36,683,722 times
Quote:
And that's the exact same way woman should be online. If they don't like the guy they should delete and block him.
Well, why do you get to set the rules for everyone, when I just said in my post the vast majority of guys THANKED ME for responding. Everyone is different, why get mad because others see things differently than you do? To me it's rude to delete if they took time to write, and why would I need to block them at all in any case?

Old 03-10-2013, 03:54 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,165,763 times
I used to tend towards thinking that dating sites were poor overall for men, but I've somewhat changed my mind of late. People like you, OP, seem to have no trouble out and about, whereas I do, so maybe I should sign up for a few months and see how it goes. After all, it can't hurt unless I happen to run into an axe murderer, and in the meantime I can continue approaching and asking women out in normal venues as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships