Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:37 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,530 times

Advertisements

I love when there is a Hallmark Hall of Fame Production on TV, they always have the best commercials. I cry every time, every commercial. Sort of like Ellen over the dog...you know the ugly cry....

Extreme Makeover Home Edition....
Oprah.....

Guys....emotional women? Endearing or not something you like?

I just realized I miss hugs.

Ladies...what other things are you sure to cry over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 09:38 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,167,649 times
I seldom cry -

Last time I cried was something to do with my grandmother.....

Or when they put a cast on my 4 year olds fractured leg.

Those stories that are mushy, I don't get teary eyed over them.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:41 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,938,415 times
I "notebooked" my ex boyfriend

It's a term used for showing a man the movie "The Notebook" since it's pretty much considered a surefire movie to make anyone cry. I balled when I first saw it, and my ex still says he'll never forgive me for making him watch it

Old 10-25-2007, 09:43 AM

558 posts, read 2,249,333 times
My sister gave me one of those big frames with a bunch of photos she'd collected of me and my DH and kids - depicting the last 20+ years. The blast of so many memories at the same time made me cry...and laugh at the same time!

Last edited by SaveMtns; 10-25-2007 at 09:58 AM..

Old 10-25-2007, 09:54 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times
I cried walking through the animal shelter last night... our family beagle ran away on Saturday, and they found him, and were more than happy to give him back. He wasn't sad, or thankful, or grateful... he was just barking mad at us for taking so long, and hurry up and fix my dinner kind-of-bark! lol....

I cried because I walked past all of the other cages, and there were these huge doggies, with sad eyes... not barking, but leaning up against the walls or the cage doors barely daring to wag as I came nearer.. that had been there for almost a month. And I think... I want to take you home, and you, and you, and you, and ohhhh, you too. I couldn't even stick around long enough for the paperwork to be done to release the beagle (who very much needed a bath) before I started crying. This shelter kills animals that are not picked up, it was hard to walk away.

Meanwhile, movies make me cry. Sometimes. I agree with the inquisity of the OP, is this a turn off to men?? I can ignore movies easily enough not to get too "into" them to cry... but sometimes, some things can't be helped. I know it's a sign of weakness, but we're the weaker sex, right?

Old 10-25-2007, 09:54 AM

200 posts, read 888,469 times
I have always been accused of wearing my heart on my sleeve, being tenderhearted, and having a thin skin.

I cried a lot as a kid, and now, I cry once a month, whether I need to or not. It's some sort of emotional release for me when I get all pent up with frustration or anger or even happiness.

Does that make me weird?

Old 10-25-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorytampa View Post
I "notebooked" my ex boyfriend

It's a term used for showing a man the movie "The Notebook" since it's pretty much considered a surefire movie to make anyone cry. I balled when I first saw it, and my ex still says he'll never forgive me for making him watch it
I loved that movie. Didn't like the book....that writer over uses the word "and" in his books, lol.

Big Dawg's yarn reminds me a lot of The Notebook or Message in a Bottle; lovely visuals.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:59 AM

558 posts, read 2,249,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
I loved that movie. Didn't like the book....that writer over uses the word "and" in his books, lol.

Big Dawg's yarn reminds me a lot of The Notebook or Message in a Bottle; lovely visuals.
Yeah, Big Dawg is quite the writer!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 10:01 AM

200 posts, read 888,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveMtns View Post
Yeah, Big Dawg is quite the writer!!!
I'll say. I'm captivated. WHO KNOWS what's going to happen next?!?
SPOILER ALERT!
I predict that "Sara" will be pregnant, will have a little girl, and name her "Jill."

Old 10-25-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedie80 View Post
I have always been accused of wearing my heart on my sleeve, being tenderhearted, and having a thin skin.

I cried a lot as a kid, and now, I cry once a month, whether I need to or not. It's some sort of emotional release for me when I get all pent up with frustration or anger or even happiness.

Does that make me weird?
I don't think that is weird at all. I always feel better after a good cry. Aren't our bodies amazing!!!!

I don't know what to think about men crying though. I've only seen it a couple times. Once my ex cried because a piece of metal punctured our gas tank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships