Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 03:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Yeah, but, little pills can fix that.
You go man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 02:33 AM

102 posts, read 56,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Players never settle.
Players are players because THEY CAN BE.
and age, nor boredom, nor anything stops it.
The only chance you have is if the guy truly and honestly wants a child, and settles down with a very attractive woman who treats him better than almost any woman he ever dated.

I know/known many players.... only ONE of the many is truly hanging it up. He found an awesome woman, with many common interests, and she puts up with his 'stuff'.

I know some players that get married, but they don't stop 'playing'.
It amazes me when I hear of players talking about having a child. Why have a child with a woman you cheat on, she WILL eventually leave you. BUT, that is not my business, and I never say what Im thinking.
words of wisdom!

Old 12-21-2016, 03:44 AM

102 posts, read 56,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Some STDs (such as HPV and Herpes) are believed to be possessed by well over half of the population of young sexually active people, to the point that sexual health experts say to assume you have them if you're sexually active. Acquiring them is an inherent risk of having sex, kind of like getting beaten up is an inherent risk of having sex with trash.
STDS are overrated unless you get the fatal ones.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:05 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,413,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post

Is it simply meeting the right one? Is it age? Is it having problems with ED? Or is it silly to think you could be the exception to the rule? Thoughts?
Why would one want a player in the first place?

Run. Run like hell.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:36 PM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Why would one want a player in the first place?

Run. Run like hell.
Probably because she fell for a player, hard, and is probably secretly hoping that there is a way to get him to settle down, like wondering if it's age or something else.

My bigger question is, why do they play? Why are there so many men and women out there that fool good people on purpose, making them think they have a chance, when all they want is another score..... I personally think it's some sort of mental illness.

Old 12-24-2016, 04:12 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Probably because she fell for a player, hard, and is probably secretly hoping that there is a way to get him to settle down, like wondering if it's age or something else.

My bigger question is, why do they play? Why are there so many men and women out there that fool good people on purpose, making them think they have a chance, when all they want is another score..... I personally think it's some sort of mental illness.

I know one quite well (two in my lifetime, actually) and while I will admit it may not describe all, he displays most commonly accepted misogynistic tendencies and obvious signs of insecurity and has a background to understand where it all might come from.
May not classify as a mental 'illness'' but is certainly screwing up his life and every relationship he's ever been in.
He simply doesn't believe he has any real chance with honesty plus there is that component of enjoying debasing the "dumb" women that fall for it, proving to himself that they are stupid and untrustworthy and deserving of being treated like crap
I definitely get the feeling that he is paying somebody back.....Mom???
In his case, both I am familiar with...very likely...in others?

Old 12-24-2016, 04:17 PM

343 posts, read 317,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post

I have wondered that myself, it is very destructive. Even though a person may know the signs to look for in a player, it's life and **** happens. Yes times have changed from ages ago, but that is no excuse to lead people on, but I guess players don't care. Are some people really not wired to settle down or be the relationship type? My sister gave me some sage advice one time while i was upset over being hurt by a guy, she told me that 'hurting people hurt others'.

I personally felt if we worked more to understand each other & balance each other then relationships would improve..instead of this era of falling in lust, feeding our ego and wanting to dominate each other (not in the kinky way). Does anyone think that because there isn't a 'great need' to get married and settle down with a family (true love) in 2016, maybe that's why romantic relationships (whatever your definition is for that) are so screwed up? Do values and morals exist in today's world? What about trust and respect for boundaries, what about a healthy relationship with yourself before others? Do people have respect for those who are in relationships (the hell with competition)...that one really gets me.

Old 12-24-2016, 04:28 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
I'm heading the other way actually.

When I was younger, I always wanted to get married and have my own family. Now at 35 and repeatedly things not working out, I don't see that happening.

So I'm just enjoying being single. No wife. No children. Complete freedom. Take great care of myself and can attract younger attractive women that just want to have fun.

Old 12-24-2016, 04:31 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
They settle down when they're paying so much child support they can't afford to go out and play.....

Old 12-24-2016, 04:31 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I'm heading the other way actually.

When I was younger, I always wanted to get married and have my own family. Now at 35 and repeatedly things not working out, I don't see that happening.

So I'm just enjoying being single. No wife. No children. Complete freedom.

But there's a difference in being a "player" and just a guy that doesn't look for commitment,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships