Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 AM

79 posts, read 80,742 times

Advertisements

This is a very sad situation and I am sorry to hear this.

If you want to know what is morally best for your child it would be that the two of you stay together and learn to love and accept each other (even if you are no longer attracted to each other).

I can tell you from personal experience that you splitting up will have adverse effects on your child even if those effects don't manifest themselves right away. The child needs both of you although for very different reasons.

I know that you are thinking of your own future happiness right now but there are definitely ways that all of you can get what you want and need , at least those things that are most important. This will of course require some compromise from the two of you. Nobody has to be the loser in this situation if you both open your minds to the positive possibilities.

I wish you well.

Sent from my Galaxy far, far away.

16 posts, read 16,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Or at least if you're both going out and have a sitter, you should go out together on a date. Neglecting your marriage and your relationship with each other isn't helping anyone.
that could be possible but we dont even like to do the same things anymore...

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
9 years is a long time. That means you guys got together when you were around 16 yo.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
9 years is a long time. That means you guys got together when you were around 16 yo.
yes.. he was my first love... hes 2years older than me... the reasons we have been on and off is ive been lied to and cheated on.... hit once.... im just a forgiving person.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kysmommy View Post
so it wouldnt be selfish to raise our son in a home where we argue about every little thing. Im not sexually, physically, mentally or emotionally attracted to him at all anymore. we rarely stay in the same room as eachother
Sounds to me like its over and I don't really understand the whole lets stay together for the kids mentality. Its a setup for failure. If the two of you are not in love with each other and wouldn't want to be with each other if you didn't have your child, what is there to fight for? THe relationship has run its course.

Your child will eventually learn that its a loveless marriage. Trust me, I figured that out about my parent's marriage and didn't understand why they chose to stick it out in misery. I thought that set a bad example.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:44 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
so it wouldnt be selfish to raise our son in a home where we argue about every little thing. Im not sexually, physically, mentally or emotionally attracted to him at all anymore. we rarely stay in the same room as eachother
Why don't you see a counselor in order to learn to have disagreements without arguing? Perhaps if you stop arguing, and start spending your free time bonding as a couple instead of partying separately with friends, you can save your marriage.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 AM

456 posts, read 1,170,397 times
Quote:
Me and my husband have been dating on and off for 9 years, we have been married a year and 3 months & have a 5 month old son. I dont know what to do, im not attracted to him anymore, we dont even sleep in the same room. When we get a sitter for a night out he goes w his friends and i go w mine. When it comes to our son and opinions about things we can never agree on on anythings, theres never a middle. Do you think we should split up? Some ppl may say its selfish because we have a child but i dont think i should be miserable... either way we will both be in our sons life and he will always be taken care of. Help :/!
I think it is not selfish whatsoever to get a divorce in your situation. I would do it.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Why don't you see a counselor in order to learn to have disagreements without arguing? Perhaps if you stop arguing, and start spending your free time bonding as a couple instead of partying separately with friends, you can save your marriage.
Exactly.

And people who do not take the time to EARN their way out of their marriages by getting some help learning and understanding what went/is going wrong are doomed to repeat their mistakes and choice patterns when picking the next partner.

This poor little baby is on the verge of having many men in and out of his life at this point - and at least 2 new step-daddies down the line

Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
yes.. he was my first love... hes 2years older than me... the reasons we have been on and off is ive been lied to and cheated on.... hit once.... im just a forgiving person.
The only hope you have is to work on getting the love back for each other, and that takes two. Cut out the other distractions in your life.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Some ppl are taking my occassional 1 or 2 times a month out for a few drinks w my girl friend as "Partying it up!" Im not out everynight being a drunk slob, just a few drinks a cpl times a month. Im 25 yrs old i see nothing wrong w it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships