Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 10:13 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Why don't you see a counselor in order to learn to have disagreements without arguing? Perhaps if you stop arguing, and start spending your free time bonding as a couple instead of partying separately with friends, you can save your marriage.
Even if the marriage don't make it, it is imperative they get on good terms, for the sake of parenting their kids.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
The topic of "staying for the kids" causes a split public opinion. Some people say yes and some say no. At the end of the day, it's your choice but remember that you have to look yourself in the mirror everyday so make the one you can live with.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:19 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
Mod cut: orphaned.
And what kind of quality would she find? She sounds very immature, not ready for marriage (insurance..really??) or to be a good mother. If she ends this marriage she should not be looking for another partner for quite some time. She should work on figuring out why she thought she could get married with such a poor foundation and wonder why it isn't working.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-13-2013 at 10:47 AM..

Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM

146 posts, read 244,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kysmommy View Post
so it wouldnt be selfish to raise our son in a home where we argue about every little thing. Im not sexually, physically, mentally or emotionally attracted to him at all anymore. we rarely stay in the same room as eachother
I think what people are saying is to try and found out why you have these feelings (or lack thereof) towards him. Go to counseling and see if you can rekindle what you once had. At least then you can feel as if you tried to make it work.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:26 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
Mod cut; Orphaned.
With a 5 month baby, it isn't a matter of her picking up a new man at her local saloon... or at least it shouldn't be. That is a recipe for a revolving door of men in her son's life.

Furthermore what is her financial situation? All this you go girl you don't need a man stuff often makes mother and child end up in poverty. To say that doesn't matter is to say she should value her personal desires over the future well being of her son. Children do not typically do better when raised by a single mom, PC propaganda aside.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-13-2013 at 10:48 AM..

Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 AM

16 posts, read 16,303 times
Im not immature at all. Just because someone telling me that my sons gonna have 2 or more new dads in his future and me defending myself??? I did not expect my relationship to get this distant. I had a child with someone that I have been with since i was 16, i didnt go out and just get pregnant by anyone, and honestly im happy i did have a child with him because he is a great father. Just because we dont make eachother happy anymore does not effect the love we give our son.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,474 times
A child raised in a split household can still turn out pretty normal. Just thought I put that out there.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:30 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kysmommy View Post
Im not immature at all. Just because someone telling me that my sons gonna have 2 or more new dads in his future and me defending myself??? I did not expect my relationship to get this distant. I had a child with someone that I have been with since i was 16, i didnt go out and just get pregnant by anyone, and honestly im happy i did have a child with him because he is a great father. Just because we dont make eachother happy anymore does not effect the love we give our son.
It is not your husbands job to make you happy, nor is it your job to make him happy. Happiness comes. From within. Until you learn to make yourself happy you will never be truly happy in a relationship.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:31 AM

16 posts, read 16,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
And what kind of quality would she find? She sounds very immature, not ready for marriage (insurance..really??) or to be a good mother. If she ends this marriage she should not be looking for another partner for quite some time. She should work on figuring out why she thought she could get married with such a poor foundation and wonder why it isn't working.
So your telling me one must be married to be a good mother??? And i said yes when he proposed I would have like to wait at least a couple years to get pregnant or married but instead i got pregnant sooner & yes we married so we could be assured myself & son had the best healthcare during pregnancy!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:34 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
With a 5 month baby, it isn't a matter of her picking up a new man at her local saloon... or at least it shouldn't be. That is a recipe for a revolving door of men in her son's life.
Geez, who said the OP was in a hurry to find a new man? People are jumping to conclusions here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships