Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:08 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
One phone call or message and he gets 24 hours to respond. I'm done after that.
Wow, fast operator huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
One phone call or message and he gets 24 hours to respond. I'm done after that.
Yeppers

Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
With me, you get two phone calls if I really like you. You get one phone call if I wasn't really impressed by you. You don't return my call? I take your number out of my phone and you can consider that your hint was taken.

I refuse to chase after women. Rejection hurts too much for that.

Sorry.

My motto is "If I wouldn't do it (such as ignore a phone call from a member of the opposite sex) then its a negative message to me if you do it" and its damn near impossible not to realize someone called you on the phone.

How many chances do you or would you give?
I have to say that so far contacting a woman after the exchange is a catch 22. If I would to call or very least text a that very day, it would seem that Im coming off as desperate and needy, attributes that women dont like about men in general. I would at very most wait 2 days to text at least once, if that fails, I would try to call her just once . Following day I would drop one last text and call the chase off. I dont want to sound as a stalker, but One should check to see if the number is connected with a Facebook account, and if anything try to friend request. That person which in return they will accept a friendrequest. This is how I got in contact with one woman after failing text and phone calls initially, and we hanged out even though she is a single mom already in a committed relationship I guess my profile showed her what Im really all about.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 03-24-2013 at 10:31 PM..

Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
A note to girls ,
Don't expect a man that does not know you, to read your mind .
That is a fantasy that is self distructive.
Leaving hints, is assuming he know what you are thinking.
Say what you are thinking out loud, if you are expecting him to act .
Communicate.
This is the number one problem in all relationships .
Do not make promises out of wishes . Do not make things that do not exist.
If he says "I'd like to go fishing" it doesn't mean any thing more than, I'd like to go fishing.
If he says, "would you like to go fishing? " he hasn't promised to, he just asked if you would like some day to go fishing .
Most Guys I know say what they mean, and are not saying it with some hidden agenda like women seem to .
Obviously not all men , but most honest men I know are this way.
If I call some one ,
a. I have caught them off guard , could be in the middle of something.
b. They had been waiting for my call, and already know what they want to say to me.
c. They were about to call me to share a concern they have.
d. let it go to voice mail .
I'm fine with that too because I ride a motorcycle and cannot hear nor talk on the phone .
I am not desperate for a relationship , I have loads of friends and always more comming .
I understand the deception of romance and the fantasy world it is.
Way too much drama.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:44 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
A note to girls ,
Don't expect a man that does not know you, to read your mind .
That is a fantasy that is self distructive.
Leaving hints, is assuming he know what you are thinking.
Say what you are thinking out loud, if you are expecting him to act .
Communicate.
This is the number one problem in all relationships .
Do not make promises out of wishes . Do not make things that do not exist.
If he says "I'd like to go fishing" it doesn't mean any thing more than, I'd like to go fishing.
If he says, "would you like to go fishing? " he hasn't promised to, he just asked if you would like some day to go fishing .
Most Guys I know say what they mean, and are not saying it with some hidden agenda like women seem to .
Obviously not all men , but most honest men I know are this way.
If I call some one ,
a. I have caught them off guard , could be in the middle of something.
b. They had been waiting for my call, and already know what they want to say to me.
c. They were about to call me to share a concern they have.
d. let it go to voice mail .
I'm fine with that too because I ride a motorcycle and cannot hear nor talk on the phone .
I am not desperate for a relationship , I have loads of friends and always more comming .
I understand the deception of romance and the fantasy world it is.
Way too much drama.

While I agree with most of the points you make in your post...sweet galloping galoshes, can we use paragraphs please. Pwease :3.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:44 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
I don't have any hard and fast rules. Depends on the person.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:21 AM

162 posts, read 349,089 times
Once a night for 2 nights, then done. Seriously, if shes interested, she'll make it easy and answer or call back the first time. If she doesn't or is flaky, move on. No man should have his time wasted like that.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:28 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,287,155 times
Phone call wise, I will call or text that night just to say I had a good evening with them. If she seems to reciprocate that then I know I'm in good shape. If I don't feel that way then I will text or call the next day and get a feel for how she feels about me. If I get a short text back or no answer from the phone call, then I've done what I've needed to do. The ball is in her court and if I don't hear anything over the next day or two, then my work is done. On to the next one.

Don't forget, we are in the communication age, so the rules about waiting days to contact can really be thrown out the window. You can update your facebook status, send out a tweet, and text your best friend about dinner, all while being on the phone with your Grandma. If you like the person then throw the rules out the window. It seems rules exist for the person that you're iffy about in the first place.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 AM

365 posts, read 645,076 times
I call one time and I never leave a message. If she wants to be with you. She will call back.

Do you think that if her dream ideal man called her. She wouldn't drop everything to call him back. So why should you accept less?

Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,068,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
The poster is from Denmark, different dating standards. But I agree with you, and would add that repeat efforts to get a response is seen by many women as stalker/creepy behavior these days. It's like if a guy can't take a hint with the non-response, it's suspect/odd behavior.
should you say something to a guy like this , and if so what? Or just ignore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships