Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:27 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Not cheating because "both of you are not Married"?

It's okay to sleep arouns with others whenyou have a Boyfriend orGirlfriend cause you both not Married?

I don't get this thing about ome thinking and trying to define what cheating is when they say it's okay for the otherperson to sleep around with other people because you "both are not Married"?

Even though the both of you are in a EXCLUSIVE RELATIONSHIP with each other before Marriage .

To me if you make a commitment to someone, whether that means you're exclusive, engaged, or married, to step outside of that commitmentis cheating. Anyone can sign a piece of paper to be "married" but that nevercomes before someone has tied themselves physically, emotionally, and financially to someone else.

If the both of you make it clear from the jumpthis is a relationship between the only two people and you go aheadandbring ina third(and sometimes a fourth andfifth lol), you're cheating. I've neverheard of cheatingbeing void just because you don't have a ring on your finger.

IMO you don't get free reign to do anyone you want whenever you want just because we aren't married. It doesn't work that way with me loL

People these days are just making any excuses ttqo do wrong the way I see it
You appear to believe that most people think this. Not sure why you do, but in my neck of the woods, they definitely do NOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,423,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
And telling someone "I'm breaking up with you because I want to sleep with someone else" wouldn't be "hurting the other person for selfish reasons"??? At least with infidelity, there's a good chance it can be done without them getting hurt (if they don't find out). With what you're proposing, there's no chance of that.

Really? Then how would you like it your partner was doing something behindvyour bacl without you knowing?

I rather be told the truth now andvto know that person's true identity along with labaling the person which they should belabeled than to be a fool later on.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:50 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,423,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
So it's okay to sleep around and be with different people because "the two of you are not Married"?

Not for me. I couldn't do that.

IMO, if two people are in a committed relationship, doing anything that you don't want the other person to see is cheating. I am completely against hurting the other person for selfish reasons. If one person wants to mess around with someone outside the relationship, then they should end the relationship first.

Could it be that someone wants to be with different people because they aren't trying or communicating in the relationship?
And that's the problem, instead of them talk about or work out the situations in their Relationship, the person rather dump the person for someone else like it's the first amd only option. Or commit Adultry behind the other prson's back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships