Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 06:18 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,758,119 times

Advertisements

Omg, such desperation is so pathetic. I agree with liberty, you're really pushing the trolling boundaries with such stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 06:31 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,100,342 times
I don't really understand your quandry.

So if he doesn't marry you, you think you are doomed to never be married. Is that really all that horrible?

Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,209,281 times
What about post after post of yours where you claim that you are perfectly happy spending your life single because you are completely unwilling to compromise on your myriad deal breakers?

Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,688,465 times
Go easy on her, folks. She's never been married before (unlike many of us) and has no kids. And she's not one of those women who is against marriage. She wants what she wants. I can see how as time goes on and you're not getting what you want, one might feel more and more hopeless.

IDDY, all you can do is keep an open-mind and be happy with what life has in store for you now.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,209,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Go easy on her, folks. She's never been married before (unlike many of us) and has no kids. And she's not one of those women who is against marriage. She wants what she wants. I can see how as time goes on and you're not getting what you want, one might feel more and more hopeless.

IDDY, all you can do is keep an open-mind and be happy with what life has in store for you now.
The reason that most of us will not go easy on her is because she doesn't go easy on anyone else. She's hateful towards groups of people and ridicules them.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,836,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post

X2 That is also how I see it.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 PM

39,321 posts, read 27,704,630 times
IDDY, I really admire your honesty. However, I really think you need a reality check. You always believe men reject you due to your age, I highly doubt this is the case.

I've done a search on match.com

This is a typical 47 year old man's profile looks like

Active within 24 hours

47 year old man
XXXX, California, United States

Seeking: women 36-47 Within:100 Miles of XXXXX, California, United States

********** Obviously, this man is not even going to consider ME because I am simply too young for him. He is looking for women your age. Don't get discouraged! ********

Decent men who have reasonable expectations are out there. But seriously, women your age have to open to at least divorced men. Don't you think?

I am in my late 20s right now, I've found a lot of divorced men to be very desirable. I am raised Christian, but I will definitely date people outside my religious belief. I am not that religious anyway.

I don't think you should "lower" your standard. Nobody should settle for losers, cheaters, men who are allergic to work, but seriously, girlfriend, you cannot choose your future date based on their past or religious belief.

This taco man does not sound like a great catch. I haven't read all your post, but if he is 50 and is still living with his mother, he's not a great catch at all. (I thought he owns his own taco bell or something. =)

Old 04-03-2013, 07:34 PM

947 posts, read 1,188,892 times
You can either be alone or be miserable.

Your move, OP.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:08 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,071,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Yeah, good instinct. Don't mention it to him. worried about marriage? You think no one will if he doesn't? Highly unlikely. You will have many opportunities as I am confident I will at probably twice your age. Relax.
I think I confused you with someone else. Still, you are around my age and you will be fine. Don't ever think this is your last chance. So untrue at any age, really. Men get older too you know.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,994,809 times
You can't even get Taco Man to take you out on a date, let alone marry you. Why do you think there is a chance for the two of you? It's downright delusional.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships