Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,905,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
How old are you?

I don't necessarily feel that it's all over if a certain person doesn't marry me, but I do sometimes worry that I will never get married. It'd hard sometimes when you are getting older and still want kids.
I am 42 and it does get scary at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 09:19 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,641,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I would not marry a man who expected me to do most of the cooking and cleaning, I would either leave it or make him do his fair share.
Hmmm..if you're in America it seems you're quite out of luck with those standards. Perhaps marrying yourself is a suited option?

Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Yeah, good instinct. Don't mention it to him. worried about marriage? You think no one will if he doesn't? Highly unlikely. You will have many opportunities as I am confident I will at probably twice your age. Relax.
Yeah I was tempted to mention my fears about marriage but realized that would be scary perhaps to him.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
From drinks at the American Legion with him and his mother to marriage...does she know that you planning to take her little 50 yo baby from her? Will never happen, you are living in a fantasy world.
You know who are living in a fantasy world? the scummy men with kids and an ex who think I should lower my standards to date them.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Go easy on her, folks. She's never been married before (unlike many of us) and has no kids. And she's not one of those women who is against marriage. She wants what she wants. I can see how as time goes on and you're not getting what you want, one might feel more and more hopeless.

IDDY, all you can do is keep an open-mind and be happy with what life has in store for you now.
Thanks, I try to keep an open mind and I do think things will work out with him. It's just scary because I am fearful at times.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
IDDY, I really admire your honesty. However, I really think you need a reality check. You always believe men reject you due to your age, I highly doubt this is the case.

I've done a search on match.com

This is a typical 47 year old man's profile looks like

Active within 24 hours

47 year old man
XXXX, California, United States

Seeking: women 36-47 Within:100 Miles of XXXXX, California, United States

********** Obviously, this man is not even going to consider ME because I am simply too young for him. He is looking for women your age. Don't get discouraged! ********

Decent men who have reasonable expectations are out there. But seriously, women your age have to open to at least divorced men. Don't you think?

I am in my late 20s right now, I've found a lot of divorced men to be very desirable. I am raised Christian, but I will definitely date people outside my religious belief. I am not that religious anyway.

I don't think you should "lower" your standard. Nobody should settle for losers, cheaters, men who are allergic to work, but seriously, girlfriend, you cannot choose your future date based on their past or religious belief.

This taco man does not sound like a great catch. I haven't read all your post, but if he is 50 and is still living with his mother, he's not a great catch at all. (I thought he owns his own taco bell or something. =)
Divorced men are out unless they are annulled. I am very devout and will not marry a man unable to marry in church. So yes I generally seek never married men. Many men do reject me based on age because they want kids and of course there is no guarantee I can have kids but never is there a guarantee. So often the only men who contact me are divorced dads, never married dad (yuck) and guys who don't want kids. None of them will work as I want kids, biological or adopted.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't know why you need to despise them just because they look you up on dating sites. You're on the sites too and they're looking for dates.
Because I clearly state for them not to contact me.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,832,591 times
Quote:
My standards are far from ridiculous. I am a moral person and not interested in dating a man without morals. So now I won't lower them.
I don't blame you. Why should you lower your morals and end up being trash like a lot of people nowadays. I am in the same boat as you, so I understand.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,456,114 times
Quote:
I would not marry a man who expected me to do most of the cooking and cleaning, I would either leave it or make him do his fair share.
You might want to consider leaving "obey" out of your vows. That way you won't be bound to do the cooking and/or cleaning if he tells you too.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I don't blame you. Why should you lower your morals and end up being trash like a lot of people nowadays.
If it was up to those people they judge someone like me more harshly than someone with a bunch of baby mamas or exwives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships