Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 01:17 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,916,004 times

Advertisements

He's Mexican/Italian and it's cultural that he lives with her until marriage. His sisters and brother all lived with his parents until marriage too and once sister married at 45.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Born again virgin, but she's not pure.
When I came back to church I made the vow to remain celibate until marriage.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:19 PM

48,610 posts, read 35,070,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I waited for the perfect man and found him! Why would men settle for me, because I am pretty and kind. Same reason men fall in love with me. I refuse to settle on men lacking in my morals.
Your perfect man has not even asked you out on a date and you've been after him for almost a year.

If you ever manage to get this guy to marry you I think you are in store for some pretty harsh life lessons.

Your criteria that you insist on are NOT the things that make up a happy marriage. You pretty much ignore all the things that ARE important to a long, happy marriage.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-04-2013, 01:20 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,430,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Nobody is asking you to date people you don't want to. We are saying maybe you don't want to be such a total and complete jerk to them or when talking about them. Being a jerk is simply not an attractive trait. There are lots of people I never dated and was never interested in. I don't have to ridicule them, belittle them, call them names, etc. I just left them alone.
Exactly. OP, you don't have to date anyone you don't want to, but you blatantly scorn and belittle entire (very large) groups with astonishing rigidity and flat-out nastiness. You are a bigot and a pretty blatant one at that. You get outraged that people you're not interested in message you - as if they're supposed to read your mind. It's insane. No one of rational or healthy mindset will want to date you unless you demonstrate an ability to see people as individuals rather than issuing blanket condemnations.

You come off as very nasty and narrow-minded in some of your comments - and because of that, not very bright or mentally healthy.

But you're not going to work on yourself, because I suspect pretending the problem is single parents and obese men is much easier.

I will say this in all honesty and the best intentions - if you want to get married, really truly with all your heart, you will see a licensed psychiatrist as soon as you can and listen to their advice very carefully.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:21 PM

Actually he has asked me out on a date and we have gone out. My criteria is what is essential to marriage not criteria like looks. Morals trump everything.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Exactly. OP, you don't have to date anyone you don't want to, but you blatantly scorn and belittle entire (very large) groups with astonishing rigidity and flat-out nastiness. You are a bigot and a pretty blatant one at that. You get outraged that people you're not interested in message you - as if they're supposed to read your mind. It's insane. No one of rational or healthy mindset will want to date you unless you demonstrate an ability to see people as individuals rather than issuing blanket condemnations.

You come off as very nasty and narrow-minded in some of your comments - and because of that, not very bright or mentally healthy.

But you're not going to work on yourself, because I suspect pretending the problem is single parents and obese men is much easier.

I will say this in all honesty and the best intentions - if you want to get married, really truly with all your heart, you will see a licensed psychiatrist as soon as you can and listen to their advice very carefully.
Because my profile clearly states "no dads" so I have every right to be nasty (and I am not nasty I tell them no way upfront). How dare they contact me when my profile states that so they are bothering and offending me.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:30 PM

24 posts, read 29,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Born again virgin, but she's not pure.
Oh I see, IDDY can be forgiven for her mistakes and sins, but a man who was married and has children cannot be forgiven. Did I mention Hypocrite?

Old 04-04-2013, 01:42 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,018,315 times
Quote:
Since you admit you are not religious you don't know what God wants. God would not approve of people disobeying his rules either. Why do you think Sodom and Gonorrah happened? I can't feel love for someone who intentionally hurts others who are innocent, in the case of children without a dad.
Why do you continue the pretense of being devout, of following Gods rules? You do not do so yourself. You pick and choose which rules you follow and which you don't.

de·vout [ di vówt ]

1. very religious: deeply religious
2. very sincere: deeply and sincerely felt or meant
3. Devoted to to the fulfillment of religious obligations.

You are not devout. You do not take your religion seriously nor are you very religious, you wear your religion like a pair of clothes when it suits you. You are not sincere in your belief because if you were you would not have committed the many sins you already have and continue to commit. You are not devoted the the fulfillment of religious obligations and have and continue to ignore what God wants and disobey his rules. You are not devout save in your hypocrisy which is unflinching. Your God gets whatever you feel like giving him, not devotion.

The truth is you absolutely should not get married because you will without question very shortly thereafter become divorced. Marriage requires compromise, it requires an open and giving heart, it requires no small measure of humility so that you may set yourself aside yourself and say the much needed words, "I'm sorry".

You possess none of these things. You are utterly rigid and show no sign of any willingness to compromise. You do not possess an open and giving heart, the only people that matter to you are the ones from which you hope to attain some gain. Love gives and withholds nothing but you do not give and withhold anything and everything you believe you do not have to give.

You are a coward. You hide behind Gods apron strings but God has nothing to do with your failure to find a mate. You have failed to find a mate because the three billion available men you have failed to attract have seen you for what you are and decided masturbation was a better option. Onglet was right. If you hope to actually get married and stay married you had best start thinking about what you bring to the table and up your ante because I'm not seeing it and neither are 3 billion other men.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:46 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,271,330 times
Quote:
He's Mexican/Italian and it's cultural that he lives with her until marriage. His sisters and brother all lived with his parents until marriage too and once sister married at 45.
Oh please. I am a full blooded Italian, 1st generation American. In this day and age there is no more of this "live at home until you're married". It's not the 1950's anymore. Even in Italy they have completely changed their ways. This all sounds fantasy to me...

Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,430,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Why do you continue the pretense of being devout, of following Gods rules? You do not do so yourself. You pick and choose which rules you follow and which you don't.

de·vout [ di vówt ]

1. very religious: deeply religious
2. very sincere: deeply and sincerely felt or meant
3. Devoted to to the fulfillment of religious obligations.

You are not devout. You do not take your religion seriously nor are you very religious, you wear your religion like a pair of clothes when it suits you. You are not sincere in your belief because if you were you would not have committed the many sins you already have and continue to commit. You are not devoted the the fulfillment of religious obligations and have and continue to ignore what God wants and disobey his rules. You are not devout save in your hypocrisy which is unflinching. Your God gets whatever you feel like giving him, not devotion.

The truth is you absolutely should not get married because you will without question very shortly thereafter become divorced. Marriage requires compromise, it requires an open and giving heart, it requires no small measure of humility so that you may set yourself aside yourself and say the much needed words, "I'm sorry".

You possess none of these things. You are utterly rigid and show no sign of any willingness to compromise. You do not possess an open and giving heart, the only people that matter to you are the ones from which you hope to attain some gain. Love gives and withholds nothing but you do not give and withhold anything and everything you believe you do not have to give.

You are a coward. You hide behind Gods apron strings but God has nothing to do with your failure to find a mate. You have failed to find a mate because the three billion available men you have failed to attract have seen you for what you are and decided masturbation was a better option. Onglet was right. If you hope to actually get married and stay married you had best start thinking about what you bring to the table and up your ante because I'm not seeing it and neither are 3 billion other men.
And this nails it beautifully. It basically sums up what the rest of have been trying to explain in a neat little package with far more eloquence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships