Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 04:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times

Advertisements

I don't know where my future lies with Taco Man because everything is so new. I am seeing where it goes in the summer since both of us will have more time then. Anyway I fear for the future and I am so terrified that if I don't marry him I won't marry anyone. The sad thing is this is likely true because there aren't a lot of decent men available at my age.

I know, it's stupid to worry but I am scared of this and it has been bothering me often. I am a worrying person anyway no matter who I date and obviously can't mention this to him because then it might scare him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 04:45 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Well, with your name I am confused.

You have to be happy even if you are alone.

Sounds like you are just little depressed. Hang in there.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:21 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I don't know where my future lies with Taco Man because everything is so new. I am seeing where it goes in the summer since both of us will have more time then. Anyway I fear for the future and I am so terrified that if I don't marry him I won't marry anyone. The sad thing is this is likely true because there aren't a lot of decent men available at my age.

I know, it's stupid to worry but I am scared of this and it has been bothering me often. I am a worrying person anyway no matter who I date and obviously can't mention this to him because then it might scare him.
Don't be silly. I know a lot of women who got married in their 40s for the first time. I don't mean to sound like a biotch, just want to give you some positive encouragement here.
My ex's sister married a dude looks like George Clooney when she was exactly 40 years old. She was short, only 5 feet, average to below average looking. (My ex is hot though ) She has a master degree just like you. She has never been married, this is her first marriage.

She even got pregnant at age of 42 (then she got a miscarriage) This is her husband's second marriage, he was a childless divorced man at the time he married her. I heard from my ex that he makes at least 300K/year. He's handsome too. Honestly, I have no ideas what he sees in her besides her great personality I guess. (Like I said, I don't want to sound like a biotch, I am only telling the truth here. My ex sister has no boobs, no ass, no curves. She is short, tiny, skinny, occasionally bitchy, but I love her personality. She is a decent person.) She considers herself as way above average intellectually because she has a master degree.

Hang in there. if the taco man does not work out, there will be another person waiting for you in the future.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:38 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post

Why the obsession with Taco Man? A few months ago you declared you'd be married by Christmas, yet it seems he doesn't give you the time of day. You're full of excuses about time, his shyness (disinterest?) this mama's boy, living at home, selling tacos out of his garage. Half the time I wonder if you're just a really good storytelling troll, writing a novel, or if this is who you are and maybe you need medication. I don't mean to offend but you really don't come across well at all. Since like attracts like, I really wonder about you, if he is the best you can hope to attract.

Last edited by Katnan; 04-03-2013 at 05:47 PM..

Old 04-03-2013, 05:46 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,925 times
How old are you?

I don't necessarily feel that it's all over if a certain person doesn't marry me, but I do sometimes worry that I will never get married. It'd hard sometimes when you are getting older and still want kids.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
This man isn't interested and isnt going to marry you. Accept it and move on! Also lower your ridiculous standards.

Last edited by OngletNYC; 04-03-2013 at 06:01 PM..

Old 04-03-2013, 05:52 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times

It is all I can come up with knowing, actually, reading most of if not all of the previous post from the original poster.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:53 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
You can't predict the future. You can only live happily in the present.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:59 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,745 times
Yeah, good instinct. Don't mention it to him. worried about marriage? You think no one will if he doesn't? Highly unlikely. You will have many opportunities as I am confident I will at probably twice your age. Relax.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:15 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,936 times
From drinks at the American Legion with him and his mother to marriage...does she know that you planning to take her little 50 yo baby from her? Will never happen, you are living in a fantasy world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships