Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 04:28 PM

4,045 posts, read 2,721,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think there needs to be a system of signal flags. They could be small enough to be rolled up and carried in a purse.

Remember a few years back when there were those colored wrist bands that high school kids were wearing to indicate their level of "activity" that they were wiling to do? The girls wore them mostly.... ( I don't condone it, just using it as an example)

Maybe that's what is needed:

Red = Married, don't bother
Yellow = Going through a break up, approach at your own risk - caution
Blue = I'm cautiously optimistic about dating so I'm open to you approaching me
Green = Go for it 100%

And then of course there would be other colors to specify preferences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 04:38 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,643,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
And if they don't, they aren't interested. You get it.
You gotta be really careful with that. It isn't that black and white, there is a percentage of women out there that get more reserved and shy around guys they are attracted to. The trick is to be able to recognize that, which comes from either natural ability(some people are amazing at reading others state/emotions) or from experiencing it a bunch of times. But if you aren't looking for it you'll never see it, you'll assume she's not interested and move on, missing out on a woman who was really into you.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:40 PM

11,819 posts, read 12,070,293 times
Quote:
Why is always up to the man to approach a woman? And they say men are lazy..
Why has it become such a trauma for so many young guys to approach? Know what? No one enjoys it. The difference between you and other guys who do it regularly is that their self-esteem isn't tied to whether or not a stranger wants to date them. It's not a catastrophe if someone says no, because most will!

You want women to approach, you want them to be blatantly obvious that they're interested, well it doesn't work that way. Countless threads recently have talked about women do show interest. But some are not receptive to these little tidbits and instead want to complain that women shouldn't do things the way women do, and cry about how unfair is is. Well, how's that working for your dating life?

Old 08-19-2014, 04:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,028,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post

Remember a few years back when there were those colored wrist bands that high school kids were wearing to indicate their level of "activity" that they were wiling to do? The girls wore them mostly.... ( I don't condone it, just using it as an example)

Green = Go for it 100%

most women would lie and use the red flag whether they were married or not.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,323,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why has it become such a trauma for so many young guys to approach? Know what? No one enjoys it. The difference between you and other guys who do it regularly is that their self-esteem isn't tied to whether or not a stranger wants to date them. It's not a catastrophe if someone says no, because most will!

You want women to approach, you want them to be blatantly obvious that they're interested, well it doesn't work that way. Countless threads recently have talked about women do show interest. But some are not receptive to these little tidbits and instead want to complain that women shouldn't do things the way women do, and cry about how unfair is is. Well, how's that working for your dating life?
Don't put words in my mouth. This ain't 1954, I am not obligated to approach any woman if I don't want to. Where do women get this sense of entitlement that men have to approach them? Ridiculous!

Last edited by 49ersfan27; 08-19-2014 at 05:28 PM..

Old 08-19-2014, 05:02 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,323,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
You gotta be really careful with that. It isn't that black and white, there is a percentage of women out there that get more reserved and shy around guys they are attracted to. The trick is to be able to recognize that, which comes from either natural ability(some people are amazing at reading others state/emotions) or from experiencing it a bunch of times. But if you aren't looking for it you'll never see it, you'll assume she's not interested and move on, missing out on a woman who was really into you.
I don't have to be careful at all. I do things my way, and no amount of shaming or telling me I will die alone will change my mind. If a woman likes me, she'll let me know. If she ain't talking to me, she ain't interested. That's what I believe.

Last edited by 49ersfan27; 08-19-2014 at 05:25 PM..

Old 08-19-2014, 05:23 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:

Green = Go for it 100%

You're not the first one on this forum to suggest this.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:28 PM

346 posts, read 352,462 times
Quote:

Green = Go for it 100%

They actually have parties with those colors(minus blue). Red is taken, green is single, and yellow is up in the air.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,943,325 times
Men and women size up each other then second guess themself.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:35 PM

11,819 posts, read 12,070,293 times
Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth. This ain't 1954, I am not obligated to approach any woman if I don't want to. Where do women get this sense of entitlement that men have to approach them? Ridiculous!
Other men who are successful at dating and approach despite their nervousness are not doing so because women are entitled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships