Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 05:27 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,705,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
silly 4 chan type "meme" beloved by 15 year old boys
Jeez really? You are too childish for me, cheers.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:29 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,362,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Jeez really? You are too childish for me, cheers.
I must be pretty childish since you're the one that started throwing a temper tantrum because I posted that Obama and Phelps grew up in one parent households.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:32 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,705,674 times
Quote:
I must be pretty childish since you're the one that started throwing a temper tantrum because I posted that Obama and Phelps grew up in one parent households.
I haven't thrown a temper tantrum; I don't even have a dog in this fight as a childless person. You are one seriously weird person, looking for battles so you can be a white knight. Cheers I am done with you, too strange....

Old 04-14-2013, 05:36 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,362,117 times
Quote:
I haven't thrown a temper tantrum; I don't even have a dog in this fight as a childless person. You are one seriously weird person, looking for battles so you can be a white knight. Cheers I am done with you, too strange....
The hell you talking about?

Not everyone perceived my post as looking for a battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Talk about opposing, interesting examples.

Your reaction to what I posted says more about you than it says about me

Old 04-14-2013, 05:54 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,175,463 times
Quote:
I never thought about it until now, but when I look at the successful people I know, none were raised by a single parent. All came from married parents.
What is your definition of "successful"?

I'd say almost half of my friends are from single parent households, and plenty were normal, happy and functioning members of society. Myself included.

Sure, I went through a lot of BS as a kid, but I pulled through it. I have a great job and I get to travel the US. I have a stable and healthy relationship with a successful boyfriend (parents are married). I'm far more adventurous than he is, so maybe that has something to say about our ties to staying around home.

But if your definition of successful is a crazy millionaire, then I don't know. Many people aren't successful.

My parents married were very dysfunctional and awful for each other. They literally sucked the life right away. People think kids can't sense "fake" love or understand arguments. My parents never publicly fought (until the end when they announced their divorce to us), but you could sense the tension in our house. There was no true love between them.

I'm so happy my father remarried the love of his life a few years ago and got to see what a real marriage looks like. Unfortunately he (we) lost her to cancer, but it completely changed my life.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:41 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,584,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
If she's someone you'd have stayed with anyway, you stay. If she's not someone you'd have stayed with, you don't. Staying when you otherwise would not only makes for a bad relationship that will likely get worse and end anyway. Wisdom is making the right decision even when pressured to make the wrong decision.
This. For sure.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:17 PM

39,393 posts, read 27,779,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Unfortunately we live in a society where if we have more traditional views on the family we are attacked.
Exactly. I think everybody should read this amazing article regarding single parenting epidemic.

The Single Parenting Epidemic: Why You Should Care - Jennifer Maggio Christian Blog

Old 04-14-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Because you aren't their friends you're going to pretend they don't exist?
Amazing. Just the other day, you claim God does not exist because YOU filihok haven't seen him.

You don't have the right to hold somebody accountable for standards you refuse to apply to yourself.

What a hypocrite.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
The hell you talking about?

Not everyone perceived my post as looking for a battle

Your reaction to what I posted says more about you than it says about me
Even when I was a hip-hop DJ I always kept it classy. The motto is always 'flashy but classy.' You've got to be original and stand out from the crowd and take some chances. But you've always got to keep it classy.

-----------------Mayer Hawthorne

Old 04-14-2013, 11:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,919,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Exactly. I think everybody should read this amazing article regarding single parenting epidemic.

The Single Parenting Epidemic: Why You Should Care - Jennifer Maggio Christian Blog
That is scary but yep I have read many stats like that. We need to stop glamorizing single parenthood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships