Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 10:21 AM

748 posts, read 1,317,895 times

Advertisements

IMHO: I and only I are responsible for my body, therefore, I am responsible for making sure things are taking care of when it comes to birth-control. I should not rely on my sexual partner to make sure I will not get pregnant. If I am old enough to have sex, with one or many, I should be old enough to take responsibility of my health, mental, physical, emotional. I make sure I take birth control, I make sure he is wearing a condom. And yes, mistakes can be made, the heat of the moment and all that jazz, but, there is the morning after pill.

It does take 2 to tango, but it only takes one to fall in the dance floor... do not be the one to take that risk...

Old 04-14-2013, 11:44 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,278,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
There are actually natural ways to improve the symptoms of PCOS, by cutting back on red meat and refined sugar in your diet.

I really feel for you, PCOS is no fun. My mother had it, so did my aunt.
Really I didn't know that, apparently exercise helps and low carb diet but it's just trial and error to see what works for each individual I will try it low. Thank you.

I actually stopped taking that pill the risks were way too high and I have my son to think about

Old 04-14-2013, 12:27 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,713,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Really I didn't know that, apparently exercise helps and low carb diet but it's just trial and error to see what works for each individual I will try it low. Thank you.

I actually stopped taking that pill the risks were way too high and I have my son to think about
You also need to get RUTHLESS about eliminating xenoestrogens from your life. Too long to explain as I am on my phone, but believe me this is worth your Googling right now.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,707,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Regarding someone being super fertile, doesn't matter if you buy it or not. There certainly is a range of factors that affect fertility, and yes some women do have an easier time getting pregnant than others.

Even surgical methods of birth control(tubal ligation, vasectomy) have the rare failures.

I'd trust surgical methods before all others. Having sex opens up both parties to the possibility of pregnancy, not sure why people want to argue about that.
My aunt got pregnant after having a tubal ligation. My Mom got pregnant after she got an IUD put in and was told she had a <5% chance of getting pregnant due to medication and getting an ovary removed.

Failures happen even when you take every precaution you can think of.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:05 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,924,914 times
A childhood friend of mine got pregnant after her husband had a vasectomy and I know several people who got pregnant on the pill. That's not to mention the others who used condoms and other forms of birth control.

Quote:
We need a driver's license to operate a vehicle, I have no ideas why a parenting license is not required?
SOME SOME SOME ( I didn't say all, I said SOME) dumb women got pregnant by men who had no feelings for them in the first place, they ignored all the red flags and chose to get pregnant anyway. Later on they claim everybody just needs to accept there choices. Too damn pathetic!
Yep. Reminds me of a family friend. She was "dating" (and by dating I mean basically just having sex with)this one piece of slime thug. He already had four out of wedlock kids but she was convinced he would stick around for her because "he loves me". I should mention she had been sexually abused by her dad so she probably had weird views on sex. Anyway he got her pregnant, disappeared and she went on welfare. So now her mistake is being paid for by taxpayers while baby daddy is nowhere to be found (and likely is making more babies).

Unfortunately we live in a society where if we have more traditional views on the family we are attacked. I do not support unwed parenthood and while I won't tell them they are going to he11 I don't think highly either. Yes I will tell men with out of wedlock children no way would I date them because of my VERY STRONG opposition to out of wedlock pregnancies. I realize it happens but there is definitely something disgusting with a guy who has several out of wedlock, especially by different women. A guy like this isn't someone I would even want as a friend. Luckily very few of the people I come in contact with fall into this category, except of course online where these losers often keep contacting me. I'm willing to bet if more women stopped sleeping with these men and started stigmatizing them we would see a drop in unwed pregnancies.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:31 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,278,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You also need to get RUTHLESS about eliminating xenoestrogens from your life. Too long to explain as I am on my phone, but believe me this is worth your Googling right now.
Ok thanks for the advice, I'm currently on my phone but when I get home I will look it up on the computer

Old 04-14-2013, 01:58 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,863,826 times
Quote:
great post.

It is acceptable to leave the relationship, but it is NOT acceptable to dodge the responsibility. These men have a label "deadbeat"

End of the story.
That is just so left wing...so damned liberal. It is not acceptable to leave the relationship....don't have sex or create a "relationship" if you can not handle it. Responsibility does not ONLY entail money. Soon as demands for money start to appear the male will sometimes make a run for it. The male is not just a source of cash. The most valuable thing he can offer is his time and his presence. I can't stand the term "deadbeat" dad...there is no such thing...All fathers love their children...If a man is poor- is it better to run him off?

Old 04-14-2013, 02:05 PM

39,494 posts, read 27,841,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
That is just so left wing...so damned liberal. It is not acceptable to leave the relationship....don't have sex or create a "relationship" if you can not handle it. Responsibility does not ONLY entail money. Soon as demands for money start to appear the male will sometimes make a run for it. The male is not just a source of cash. The most valuable thing he can offer is his time and his presence. I can't stand the term "deadbeat" dad...there is no such thing...All fathers love their children...If a man is poor- is it better to run him off?
wow amazing!

I am a registered Republican, my favorite TV show is Bill Oreilly the Oreilly factor! I've always been accused of being too conservative.

I will take your comment as a compliment !

Old 04-14-2013, 02:06 PM

39,494 posts, read 27,841,770 times
All fathers love their children...If a man is poor- is it better to run him off?[/quote]

Let me think? hmm no.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,984,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Gosh I wish I could agree, I really do!

I love men and I frequently argue on the side of single dad's/divorced dad's in particular - but my friend, you are just wrong about this.

There ARE true "deadbeat dad's" in this world.

Not all fathers love their children - no way, no how.

I so wish they all did - but some really don't care at all.

Some men are completely capable of reducing the idea of their own children to mere "trash" very easily - a "problem" to be disposed of, for someone else to have to deal with and take care of.

Fortunately, this is not a majority of men.

But again, it does happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships