Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 11:45 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,160,577 times

Advertisements

When my then girlfriend (now wife) told me she was pregnant It didn't occur to me to do anything other than to stay with her and want to raise a family with her. Not because i'm some parragon of chivalry or because I thought it was the '"right thing to do", it was because I was in love with her... it was that simple.

If I hadn't have been in love with her then who knows what that 19yr old boy would have done but the need to think on it never arose. Yes there was fear, trepidation to say the least and a large slap around the face of "this is my future" but a choice was never to be made.

If I'd have felt differently then who knows, but I didn't.. I wont however condemn nor condone anothers actions on this matter, I could have easily jumped the other way and i'm neither 'special' nor a 'bastard'.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:46 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,892 times
That's amazing! I want to go see it. It looks like a toy car they way it bounces lol

45,217 posts, read 100,845,499 times
I actually like that image for a good protective mother

She will roll all over your sorry azz if you so much as look funny at her child.

19,046 posts, read 25,225,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Im Glad it worked out for you

I was terrified I was 22 but he was fine! He kept saying we'll be fine don't worry he was actually talking to my tummy etc but then one day phoned me and told me he couldn't do it. That was that I've never heard from him and he only lives about 6minutes from me he's never paid a penny for my son which I'm happy with because he can't throw anything back at me. Everything my son had I bought everything he's learned I taught him and I couldn't be happier
Of course you were terrified. I can't imagine how difficult it was for you. I'm older now, pregnant, and in a great marriage and I find it challenging with a huge support system. Just getting through a pregnancy alone must be so difficult. These yahoos really have no business casting their ignorant judgements at you or any other single parent that does the best they can do.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:47 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
When my then girlfriend (now wife) told me she was pregnant It didn't occur to me to do anything other than to stay with her and want to raise a family with her. Not because i'm some parragon of chivalry or because I thought it was the '"right thing to do", it was because I was in love with her... it was that simple.

If I hadn't have been in love with her then who knows what that 19yr old boy would have done but the need to think on it never arose. Yes there was fear, trepidation to say the least and a large slap around the face of "this is my future" but a choice was never to be made.

If I'd have felt differently then who knows, but I didn't.. I wont however condemn nor condone anothers actions on this matter, I could have easily jumped the other way and i'm neither 'special' nor a 'bastard'.
Your a good and a decent man

Old 04-13-2013, 11:48 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,845,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Your a good and a decent man
Baldrick's the man (a real man at that!)

Old 04-13-2013, 11:50 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,101,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

The OP didn't state anything about 'running away'. People are reading way more into this than they should be.
He leaves. You are right, I'm assuming that means he isn't taking care of the kid either, maybe the OP can come back and clarify.

If he is providing financially for the child then great. There is no reason for him to stay with the girl though.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:51 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,366,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
If a man gets a woman pregnant and leaves here while she is pregnant in a boyfriend girlfriend situation, what is your opinion of that man?
A coward.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,366,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDavid View Post
It's true. If she doesn't want to have kids, she can do it. Therefore, if she gets pregnant, my only conclusion is that it was planned on her part.
But a man can't wear condoms?

Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,225,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
You are aware that the child and the mother are two different people, right?
As such, the father could very well love and support one of those individuals and not the other, right?

F'ing people.

The OP didn't state anything about 'running away'. People are reading way more into this than they should be.
I'll reiterate what I initially said that if a man gives two shyte's about his kid he will try to at least be her friend and a source of support during the pregnancy. Who that kid will be is going to be heavily reliant on her behavior and state of mind during the pregnancy, so it would behoove him to be upfront and center.

OTOH, I had a buddy that got his girl pregnant. I don't know why they didn't use condoms. He wanted to be there for her, but she had to go off her head meds due to the pregnancy and she proceeded to lose her damn mind. He was at a total loss with her. She had the kid, tho, and he's a fantastic dad with a crazy ex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships