Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrandall View Post
You came in second? How did you get so lucky? With my ex-fiancee, I finished after her mother, friends, cat, weed, Netflix account, Andy Cohen, and job. With my ex-wife it was her mother, family, partying with her friends, those do-it-yourself shows, and the Harrry Potter series.

Here's my thing: I don't want, nor do I ever expect to be the absolute center of anyone's universe, but if other things in your life take so much precedence that I am pretty much neglected, then we're going to have a problem.
Boy, can I relate to this. I would have given anything to have come in second. Not long ago I sat down and composed a list of my now ex SO's priorities, in order from top to bottom, and emailed it to her. I came in at a booming #11. Two of her old boyfriends that she refused to stop seeing, her email, cellphone, TV shows, stray cats, stray dogs, other men besides the top two old ones, her grown daughter and grandchildren, and most important of all, getting drunk each night while casting me aside and ignoring me to do so. All of these things were more important to her than I was. I would have accepted being #2 behind only her family, but the others are simply intolerable and unacceptable, and the relationship is over. Now she says that I am being unreasonable and that it is all my attitude and is my fault. Being a part time boyfriend, whom she only pays attention to when she does not have something else with a higher priority is not something that any man should have to endure, or for that matter, any woman if the situation is reversed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 03:24 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
Coming In Second

I must say that this is generally my aim. As a gentleman i've always been of the opinion that it's politer if one facilitates it so that the lady comes first.. is that not so?

Old 05-11-2013, 03:30 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
I have felt as though I was way down on the list of priorities with my then-husband. I also felt way down on the list of priorities with my then-SO.

That just may be what my problem has been. I've always enjoyed helping others and the others always enjoyed helping themselves. Hmmmmm Kind of a mis-match there, huh?

Old 05-11-2013, 06:58 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Default The second coming

Sorry.

I thought it read, "the second coming."

That would have been waaaaayy more interesting. Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships