Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:53 PM

469 posts, read 567,042 times

Advertisements

Do you ever feel like you come in second to your SOs/Spouses Computer, laptop, Ipad, cell phone, or video game? Actually I'm sure you can apply coming in second to anything examples: work, friends, sports, fitness, car, children. How have you handled these feelings and what have you done to change your feelings or SO/ Spouses behavior? How much quality time do you think is necessary to spend together?
COMPUTER LOVE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 02:56 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,204,574 times
MANY years ago, well before we had kids, I told my husband. Me or online gaming. Choose. He knew I meant it. He chose me. That said, he was nutty addicted. He had lost all sense of time and responsibility.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:03 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,463,585 times
as long as its a healthy hobby that is engaging you in the right way go for it in my books. its when you start ignoring the world to live in your own that the problems start to settle in

i dont put a set amount of time needed as a stipulation to spend together, i do put quality as one.
quality = making the best of the time you do spend together

Old 05-09-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
MANY years ago, well before we had kids, I told my husband. Me or online gaming. Choose. He knew I meant it. He chose me. That said, he was nutty addicted. He had lost all sense of time and responsibility.
So did he just go cold turkey and give it up all together or did he just cut back? How long did he choose the online gaming before you decided to confront him?

Old 05-09-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
as long as its a healthy hobby that is engaging you in the right way go for it in my books. its when you start ignoring the world to live in your own that the problems start to settle in

i dont put a set amount of time needed as a stipulation to spend together, i do put quality as one.
Okay so say if your SO and you work the regular 40hr week and then there's dinner to be made and the house to tidy do you think an hour is enough if say you have 4hrs of time before you've got to get ready for the next day or what about .5hr is that enough time?

Old 05-09-2013, 03:14 PM

504 posts, read 853,513 times
I like that my husband and I share similar hobbies, such as online gaming. That way, no one has to give anyone ultimatums. I knew he was a gamer long before we were together, and vice-verse.

Granted, it doesn't interfere with our jobs, or housework, going out, etc - but others on the outside, looking in, would probably assume we were both 'addicted' or wonder 'what's wrong with us' if they happened to see us both with our headsets on, talking to teammates online, furiously clicking our mice and hitting our keyboards while trying to kill other people and/or creatures for hours at a time

Old 05-09-2013, 03:17 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,463,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyself73 View Post
Okay so say if your SO and you work the regular 40hr week and then there's dinner to be made and the house to tidy do you think an hour is enough if say you have 4hrs of time before you've got to get ready for the next day or what about .5hr is that enough time?
we don't evaluate on time spent, we evaluate on how we spend the time.

Last edited by rego00123; 05-09-2013 at 03:30 PM..

Old 05-09-2013, 03:23 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,062,908 times
I had to speak very directly and loudly to my wife the other day to stop texting her friends while we were out together. It's not often she gets lost in the texting vortex, but it certainly is annoying.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:27 PM

48,559 posts, read 34,935,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyself73 View Post
Sometimes you need to reevaluate how you look at things.... if time is an issue, you can make daily chores the quality time together, cooking, cleaning, straightening up. Before we were married, and our schedules were out of whack and busy, just sleeping together was quality time. And it genuinely was for both of us.

Depends what you mean by quality time I guess.

When DH is stressed, online video games is what he needs. I just grab a book and we cuddle doing our own thing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-09-2013, 03:36 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,014,893 times
I was 2nd because of an exes work, but she took on 2 jobs, so I knew it was for a good reason and I was OK with it. It just sucked that I only saw her once a week most of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships