Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 06:48 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,206,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hear that, OP? You're just the right ticket for NYC women. Work it!
Loud and clear!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 06:33 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,077,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
This past Friday I went to NYC on another gallery tour/photo shoot with a few other photo artists. Again i noticed that women seemed to find me attractive. I caught a few ladies checking me out and then smiling at me and holding eye contact. (At home when i see a woman check me out they look away like they are disgusted). Other ladies just smiled at me and held eye contact. Some of these ladies were twenty somethings which i found very flattering. (Again at home this happens very, very, rarely) So my question is why the disparity between places? How can i be attractive in one place but not another? One of the other photo artists on the trip is a lady i am friendly with who happens to be my own age but married. She noticed a few of these ladies check me out and/or smile and this led to a conversation over dinner. She said that the ratio of single women to single men in nyc is 6 to 1. Therefore, she said guys like me are in demand in nyc. Is this ratio factual? If so then is her statement about guys like me being in demand also true? Sorry for the amount of questions in this thread. I am just trying to understand.
The thing is this, why don't women in Rhode Island find you attractive or interesting? Both NYC and Rhode Island are North Eastern and have similar aspects, but I think there is some difference between the two. I never been to Rhode Island and I would not know how women up there are! Do women marry early up there or are already taken before 25 compared to NYC which has a high rate single moms and single professional women alike. Also since you like photography I suggest to check out artsy areas of NYC like Williamsburg Brooklyn, East Village in Manhattan where other artist congregate.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The thing is this, why don't women in Rhode Island find you attractive or interesting? Both NYC and Rhode Island are North Eastern and have similar aspects, but I think there is some difference between the two. I never been to Rhode Island and I would not know how women up there are! Do women marry early up there or are already taken before 25 compared to NYC which has a high rate single moms and single professional women alike. Also since you like photography I suggest to check out artsy areas of NYC like Williamsburg Brooklyn, East Village in Manhattan where other artist congregate.
Thanks for the tip!!!

Old 05-13-2013, 09:47 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,925,897 times
I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about why. I would, however, move to NYC.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about why. I would, however, move to NYC.
I would love to have an apartment there or if not a girlfriend at the very least someone i can go visit. Moving away from friends and family won't do. Neither would living there permanently as it would cease to be special. Once again thanks for the responses.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:18 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,609,353 times
Quote:
Moving away from friends and family won't do.
Enjoy those women in your home town, then. Your choice.

For me, moving away from friends and family to a city filled with attractive single women was one of the smartest things I ever did.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:21 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,077,407 times
Quote:
I would love to have an apartment there or if not a girlfriend at the very least someone i can go visit. Moving away from friends and family won't do. Neither would living there permanently as it would cease to be special. Once again thanks for the responses.
Thing is this that I find women from New England much more attractive than Local NYC women.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:57 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,363,216 times
Quote:
This past Friday I went to NYC on another gallery tour/photo shoot with a few other photo artists. Again i noticed that women seemed to find me attractive. I caught a few ladies checking me out and then smiling at me and holding eye contact. (At home when i see a woman check me out they look away like they are disgusted). Other ladies just smiled at me and held eye contact. Some of these ladies were twenty somethings which i found very flattering. (Again at home this happens very, very, rarely) So my question is why the disparity between places? How can i be attractive in one place but not another? One of the other photo artists on the trip is a lady i am friendly with who happens to be my own age but married. She noticed a few of these ladies check me out and/or smile and this led to a conversation over dinner. She said that the ratio of single women to single men in nyc is 6 to 1. Therefore, she said guys like me are in demand in nyc. Is this ratio factual? If so then is her statement about guys like me being in demand also true? Sorry for the amount of questions in this thread. I am just trying to understand.
Different areas have extremely different cultures.

Okay, there is just so many different factors that I won't be able to address them all. You have to look at the ratio, the type of culture, the mentality, etc. Also, the commonality of people like you in your area

Where I live, it seems to be getting close to being a sausage fest. Yet at the same time, it seems like women are to some extent eyeing me (probably a good thing if I stand out in the sausage fest). Also, I have been to places where I was a dime a dozen.

Maybe the women at home are attracted to you, but they have a different way of showing it. (which would include acting like they are disgusted). I'm not sure if they are looking away like they are disgusted or just looking away. Perception can and often does differ from reality. Maybe they are used to seeing you.

I personally don't understand this phenomenon well enough to explain it. (I mean I do understand it, but I can't vocallize it.)

Old 05-14-2013, 01:03 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,050,620 times
How do you know the women you see are New Yorkers and not tourists, people on businesses or transplants?

(I once shared an apartment on the LES with a girl from Warwick....)

Old 05-14-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Different areas have extremely different cultures.

Okay, there is just so many different factors that I won't be able to address them all. You have to look at the ratio, the type of culture, the mentality, etc. Also, the commonality of people like you in your area

Where I live, it seems to be getting close to being a sausage fest. Yet at the same time, it seems like women are to some extent eyeing me (probably a good thing if I stand out in the sausage fest). Also, I have been to places where I was a dime a dozen.

Maybe the women at home are attracted to you, but they have a different way of showing it. (which would include acting like they are disgusted). I'm not sure if they are looking away like they are disgusted or just looking away. Perception can and often does differ from reality. Maybe they are used to seeing you.

I personally don't understand this phenomenon well enough to explain it. (I mean I do understand it, but I can't vocallize it.)
Disgusted is the best way i can describe it. At the gym, out of the corner of my eye, i have noticed four women check me out from foot to head. When they get to my face and realize i have been watching them check me out, their eyes close, their head turns away and either up or down. Which is where i got the idea it was disgust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships