Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 11:00 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
If you are going to come to C-D and complain every single friggin' time someone asks you a question, you need a shrink.

No only if they ask me a retarded question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
WPD,
Your insecurity oozes through the screen every time you post. You need to become more comfortable in your own skin. Most normal adults that you will meet have no reason to rank you according to your assets or income potential. When people feel inadequate in any way, they tend to convince themselves that this inadequacy is the sole reason for their troubles. Reading this forum, you can almost categorize the posts by type; weight issues, height issues, sexual experience issues, money issues, education issues, race issues, etc., with each type of insecurity breeding its own brand of insecurity related dating handicap.

When I was in my early 20s I had a bit of financial insecurity issues myself. I went to a prestigious college that is known to attract wealthy kids. As a recent graduate, I was living in a small 2-bedroom apt. with a roommate, driving a motorcycle for transportation, and pretty much living paycheck to paycheck, while many of my college friends had 7 figure trust funds and were making loads of cash flying around the world inking real estate deals and such. When I met women, I thought that I was clever by subtly insinuating that my current situation was temporary and that I would be ballin' in just a few years once I finished my graduate degree. The insecurity showed through and I had very limited success meeting new women. I quickly realized that being limited by insecurity is no way to live. Instead of introducing myself as a doctoral candidate, my answer to the question "What do you do for a living?", or some variant thereof ,was "I cut grass" or "I am a dogcatcher" as landscaping was a part time job and I volunteered at an animal shelter but they paid me occasionally for some odd jobs. Women, both professionals and students, did not seem to care one bit about my lack of financial success.

If you let one area of inadequacy define you it will. You are not being clever by weeding out the gold diggers. Not having a ton of money means that problem is already solved for you.

What insecurity? I told her that i was moving into a APT and never became defensive. Also if you notice on page 8 that i said after what I been through the past 4 years I no longer feel the need to lie to women just because she has a vagina. Times are tough for everyone and no man should feel he needs to lie to please some stupid female on a dating sites who feels she needs to assess a man's living and financial situation.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:05 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
If you're having so much financial trouble, why are you even dating right now? Going on dates costs money even if you are going dutch.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:07 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Even if I was moving into a house that doesn't mean she was going to be inside of it which again made the question stupid.
It made your comment that you were moving pretty stupid too, if you had no desire to talk about your new living situation.

Why would you even mention it if you didn't want to be part of the conversation???

If someone mentioned to me that they were moving I'd probably ask "where to?" and depending on how well I know them, I'd ask why as well. It's called conversation...it doesn't mean she has an agenda when she makes small talk.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If you're having so much financial trouble, why are you even dating right now? Going on dates costs money even if you are going dutch.

Who the hell said I was having financial trouble?? I said I was having financial trouble last year which forced me to downgrade my living situation so now I can save more money and go out due to my rent being lower.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
It made your comment that you were moving pretty stupid too, if you had no desire to talk about your new living situation.

Why would you even mention it if you didn't want to be part of the conversation???

If someone mentioned to me that they were moving I'd probably ask "where to?" and depending on how well I know them, I'd ask why as well. It's called conversation...it doesn't mean she has an agenda when she makes small talk.

Because we currently live in the same neighborhood and told her I will be in this section for another 2 weeks. And I thought the next question would be "what area are you moving to? Not......"Are you moving into a house?

Old 05-19-2013, 11:20 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,921,476 times
Quote:
What insecurity?
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
(breath)
hahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew.

Good one.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
(breath)
hahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew.

Good one.

So being comfortable with my new living situation since my account is going to soar is insecure?

Ummmm OK lol

Old 05-19-2013, 11:27 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,921,476 times
Quote:
So being comfortable with my new living situation since my account is going to soar is insecure?
No....We're referring to the insecurity that is exploding out of every single thing you post on this forum, thread after thread after thread. The insecurity that causes you to think that every time a woman asks you a simple basic small-talk get-to-know-you question, she's really assessing your finances and looking for a reason to dump you. That insecurity.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:38 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Because we currently live in the same neighborhood and told her I will be in this section for another 2 weeks. And I thought the next question would be "what area are you moving to? Not......"Are you moving into a house?
Well if you live in the same neighborhood, she is probably wondering why you are leaving. This is not rocket science. Goodness.

You nitpick everything a potential date says...it's no wonder you have a hard time with women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships