Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:45 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
It really wasn't a lot of trouble at all to create the video. I actually planned on uploading a few videos and starting a youtube channel during my free time. Since I'm on leave, I have some spare time and I thought why not create a quick video, and test out my camera.

I know that I'm far from overweight, but I've decided that I want to be more lean and this can be accomplished if I lose 10-13 lbs. I don't think it will take more than a two week period. 2.5 weeks tops.
No, I don't think you need to lose any weight. You look great.
If you want to, you can get more toned (even if you don't want to, you are still perfect)

You look young, vibrant, and lovely. Don't worry about your appearance, you look very good.

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedkookies View Post
No one has directed any hate or envy towards white women. I am frustrated that men don't value darkskinned Black women nearly as much as light/white/mixed race women.
I value dark chocolate women. I want a THICK and SEXY Nigerian woman.

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Why do you take a negative stereotype and let it represent all black women? do you do this to make yourself feel superior?

Sure, there are black women who happen to be domineering but there are just as many who are the complete opposite of that. And I'm pretty sure you know that, but you will perpetuate this stereotype because you're downright evil and sadistic. You know it's a lie and that black women are just as varied as any other group of women
You'll find domineering people of all races and cultures.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:46 PM

162 posts, read 190,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
To add to that, I have noticed that light skinned black women go for dark chocolate black guys, and that the dark chocolate black women go for the light skinned black guys.
More often than not, dark and brown skinned men go for light and brown skinned women. Light skinned men typically are attracted to light skinned women too, as a first preference.These are just my personal observations.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:47 PM

84 posts, read 84,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Are you serious? You are barely darker than me and you have a nice figure. You must be pining for the top 5% guys
again, youre flattering comments are invalidating her experiences of colorism. you don't have to be ugly & fat to be subjected to colorism

Old 05-20-2013, 04:50 PM

162 posts, read 190,343 times
Quote:
Yes, black women have problems finding a good guy, but it's not because people are raciest against black women.

I mean, just because a White, Indian, or Middle eastern man doesn't want to date black women, that preference alone doesn't mean that they're raciest, it simply means that they prefer to be with their own kind and it's as simple as that.

Don't sit up in here and tell me that you don't have any preferences.... I'm sure you like one color over the other, one drink over the other, or one flavor over the other... We all have preferences...

The true reason why black women have serious problems finding a good guy is because there aren't many eligible black men to begin with. The pool of black men who have good jobs, no baggage, and a good head on their shoulders is really low. It's so low that if you're one of the few decent black men you will have a hard time trying to date any woman of any race (even black women) because nobody takes you seriously unless you're clearly the center for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Anyhow, so before you get upset at how hard you have it, go on POF as a man and read the profiles of women, many of them start out with, "NO BLACK GUYS". I bet you never been outright dismissal like that as a black woman.
I guess POF is a dating site, if so, I'm not surprised that people would blatantly state their preferences. I don't have any issues with people having preferences. We all have them, I just dislike it when people sugar coat those preferences and act like color is not a factor, when they know it is.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:51 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
again, youre flattering comments are invalidating her experiences of colorism. you don't have to be ugly & fat to be subjected to colorism
The bolded sounds almost humorous.

The ability to take a compliment can influence the ability to overcome an injustice.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Are you serious? You are barely darker than me and you have a nice figure. You must be pining for the top 5% guys
I was just thinking the SAME thing. I know SO many black women who are darker. Who always have dates/are happily married, etc.

I expected this poor girl to look as black as dark roast coffee!

She's dark brown. There are SO many dark brown people in the US.

I think OP needs to move to a place with more dark folk. I betcha I have people from India down my street that are as dark as her. No kidding.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:53 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Why do you take a negative stereotype and let it represent all black women? do you do this to make yourself feel superior?

Sure, there are black women who happen to be domineering but there are just as many who are the complete opposite of that. And I'm pretty sure you know that, but you will continue to perpetuate this stereotype because you're downright evil and sadistic. You know it's a lie and that black women personalities are just as varied as any other group of women
No, it is pretty common. Let a white, Hispanic, or Asian woman say the wrong things around an American black woman and watch the BW fly off the handle. Matter fact, I dated a Japanese woman once and she told me she was outright afraid of black women.

This is one of the reasons why eligible black men are dating outside of their race or going overseas, they're tired of their women who are always aggressive and domineering.

Diary of a Tired Black Man - The Movie - Main "Tired Black Man" Discussion Group

Old 05-20-2013, 04:55 PM

84 posts, read 84,304 times
Quote:
No, it is pretty common. Let a white, Hispanic, or Asian woman say the wrong things around an American black woman and watch the BW fly off the handle. Matter fact, I dated a Japanese woman once and she told me she was outright afraid of black women.

This is one of the reasons why eligible black men are dating outside of their race or going overseas, they're tired of their women who are always aggressive and domineering.

Diary of a Tired Black Man - The Movie - Main "Tired Black Man" Discussion Group
Nah you have an agenda and its to paint black women in the worst light possible. Black women usually go out of their way to be nicer to other races because they want to protect their image.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships