Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 08:27 PM

1 posts, read 865 times

Advertisements

I clean toilets and made $400.00 in four days. So yeah,it pays really good and it keeps you in physical tip,top shape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 10:03 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In my town, illegal immigrants charge $15-$20/hr, mostly $20/hr., for unskilled labor. And being that they mostly deal in cash, it's tax free. I don't understand it, but that's the going rate.
It's not really that much. I don't agree with what they are doing. But the income isn't very high, because they don't charge for the time that they quote jobs, transportation between jobs, picking up supplies, sick days, vacation days, benefits. So say they can bill 8 hours a day 17 days a month at 15/hr. That is $2040/mo. And you have to realize they have business expenses. If that was low, so only $300/mo, they would take home $1740/mo. That's not very much, maybe like a 30k job if they can book full time, but with no benefits.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:34 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,804,402 times
Most likely not. I married a PhD in engineering who also clean toilets, but only for our house. I think that's better combination. Nothing sexier than a man who can clean toilets.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:20 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,411,641 times
I wouldn't really care what he does for a living as long as he can support himself and that he has some sort of intellectual curiosity and ambition. There are skilled and professional jobs that pay less, even with further education and training. And it's not true that people in these jobs are ignorant or that they have nothing to talk about. My bf's brother cleans offices and he can certainly hold his own in a conversation. His gf is an RN. She seems to have no problem with it. I know people with advanced degrees with the personality and the intellect of a bowl of mashed potatoes. So there is more to a person for me than just their vocation.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:55 AM

20,771 posts, read 20,035,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Goddess View Post
I clean toilets and made $400.00 in four days. So yeah,it pays really good and it keeps you in physical tip,top shape.
So you earn $100/day? That means $2,000/month or do you only work 4 days per month? That's not "really good" pay, it is maybe okay for not needing any skills but not enough to live off in most areas.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:59 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,717,770 times
If this is a custodian job they may have full benefits and a pension coming their way. I also suspect they do more at their job than just clean toilets.

And if you want to get real, don't we all clean at least our own toilet at home?

Old 02-28-2017, 09:03 AM

I knew an attractive women, years ago, who was super picky about the men she dated. She said she would only date someone who made 500K a year. At that point in time, she was already well over the age of 40. Still attractive, but older. So let's get real here. Men in that salary range, (if they aren't married already), are looking for a younger woman than her. She moved to Hawaii, still looking for a rich guy, but she wound up living in a homeless shelter. Now she is well into her 50s and broke, and homeless, with no health insurance. She would probably be better off married to a man who earns 40K as a janitor, it would at least get her out of the shelters.

But I suspect she still wouldn't date someone like this.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post

And if you want to get real, don't we all clean at least our own toilet at home?
You don't see a difference of cleaning your own crap or strangers poo stains out of a toilet and what else they leave in there? Good for you. I wouldn't want to do that.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You don't see a difference of cleaning your own crap or strangers poo stains out of a toilet and what else they leave in there? Good for you. I wouldn't want to do that.

I clean other people's poop residue out of toilets every time guests leave my home. I'm not going to ask them to clean the toilet out themselves.

I also believe you shouldn't judge what other people do for a living. It's not like anyone is forcing you to clean toilets.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I clean other people's poop residue out of toilets every time guests leave my home. I'm not going to ask them to clean the toilet out themselves.

I also believe you shouldn't judge what other people do for a living. It's not like anyone is forcing you to clean toilets.
How did I judge?? I said I wouldn't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships