Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 04:51 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,225,508 times

Advertisements

Theres alot of women who front like they're satisfied with the economic status of their current mate but its more like you can't do any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 05:02 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,028,645 times
Who's fronting?

Old 06-01-2013, 05:10 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,261,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Theres alot of women who front like they're satisfied with the economic status of their current mate but its more like you can't do any better.
Translation: "I hope people are as miserable as I am"

Old 06-01-2013, 05:20 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,028,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Translation: "I hope people are as miserable as I am"

Old 06-01-2013, 06:00 PM

22,458 posts, read 29,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
It's more difficult to earn 100K in Iowa, though.
This is true but not completely unattainable but I'm just stating the obvious between different cities

Old 06-01-2013, 08:42 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,638,638 times
former public school teacher......live on the east coast. MOST women here look down on men that teach. They can lie and say they don't all they want, but it is the absolute truth. $75K won't get you much here in NYC/NJ. If you can find a women that makes your same salary you will be doing pretty good. You won't be rich but two $75K salaries will be a definite upgrade from one. I WOULD CONCENTRATE MORE ON FINDING A WOMAN THAT HAS MINIMUM DEBT. CONCENTRATE ON FINDING ONE THAT IS CLOSE TO OR ABSOLUTELY DEBT FREE.

FORGET ABOUT THE SIX FIGURE MAKING WOMEN. A lot of them are a headache. GO FOR MINIMUM/NO DEBT. Best of luck out here dude.

Last edited by usamathman; 06-01-2013 at 09:36 PM..

Old 06-01-2013, 08:46 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,874,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octa View Post
Gentlemen: please refrain from using the word "gold digger" or any kind of word that implies that since that is not the purpose of this thread.

Mods: please purge any post that do the above ^

I'm going to be teaching soon so my income is going to be around 45k and when I hit the top of the pay scale(after about 20 years), my salary should be around 75k-80k. When I first decided I wanted to be a teacher I was okay with this, but I've been getting a few conflicting messages about it from. Because it's at the primary level, just about nearly everyone I work with are females and married. I've been told by a couple that she doesn't really care what type of school she teaches in(privates normally pay less) because her husband makes six figures and another one told me that not being able to pull in six figures looks really bad on my part. The end result is that it has made me second guess my choice to teach and do it at the level I teach at(some women seemed to be turned off by guys who work with primary aged children because it's not considered masculine) even though I like it because I won't be able to compare to guys 20-30 years from now who are pulling in more than I'll be earning.

So I'm just wondering what is your range for an acceptable income for you all while/when you are/were dating?
When did Gold digger become something you couldn't say? Some people just are. The Eagles had a top hit about it. Now, its "purging time?: Really?

The Eagles......Lying eyes ! - YouTube

Old 06-01-2013, 08:57 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,822,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
BS, you can find a guy who makes money. Problem is, the ones I met made me thoroughly miserable in a very short time. Not saying that all guys with money are miserable. Just the ones I dated made me miserable. It would have been moronic to try to pursue a LTR with them. I'm satisfied with our economic status because we're happy. That might not mean much to you, but that's important to me.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:01 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,404,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octa View Post
So I'm just wondering what is your range for an acceptable income for you all while/when you are/were dating?
Minimum is "enough to keep him alive/afloat".
That's all.
Fiscal status has never entered into my dating/relationship decision-making.

I don't care if he's got inherited whatnot, is among the working poor, or is on welfare,
so long as he can maintain his own budget & isn't chronically in crisis-
because I'm in no financial position to help/rescue/save anyone else.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:11 PM

296 posts, read 573,247 times
Women want a man who makes more money than them, regardless if they make 50K or 350K. It's part of the alpha status they want to see from men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships