Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 06:51 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times

Advertisements

I'm not one of these male posters, so I don't have a clue what the OP is talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 07:13 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
In this thread: Irony. Women complaining about men complaining. If WestPhilly makes a thread complaining about women, women will go on that thread and blast him for complaining. The cycle never ends. Newsflash: Both genders complain. Besides, there would be no reason to have a relationships forum if people didn't complain about something.
Like I mentioned before, I don't care if people complain, but when it's the same complaints over and over without an apparent desire to listen to anyone else it gets tiresome. Of course women do this too, but men on this forum seem to do it more often.

I like to tell people there's a blog feature of this site not to be annoying, but to remind them there's a better place for just venting. There's also a chat thread for something that's regularly occurring.

Most regular posters want to help and many will say "Aww, it's ok," but after a while people will get tired of saying this.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:46 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
It still doesn't make the OP untrue. If you want to discuss women who do this, go ahead.

If he did, the thread would be shut down almost immediately as "gender-bashing"

Old 06-27-2013, 07:52 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm not one of these male posters, so I don't have a clue what the OP is talking about.

The OP doesn't even know what she is talking about

Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
In all honesty, how could you know the amount of effort they've put forth into seeking a meaningful relationship by random complaint posts?
That's what I wonder. People come on here all the time complaining about how much effort they've put into a relationship or finding one, but we really don't know.

Women are doing the same thing. They complain about a failing relationship and how they've done all they can to salvage it but he doesn't pay attention. Meanwhile, she has thousands posts and you wonder where she finds the time to "salvage her relationship" when she's on forums and facebook for most of her free time. Usually they're just looking for validation from a cheerleading squad to tell her she "deserves better".

On that note, I can't tell you how many times I've seen posters tell a female poster "she deserves better" when she has just signed up for an account on CD and her first post is a rant about her boyfriend or husband. How does anyone know she deserves better? We got a one sided story from someone we know absolutely nothing about.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
If he did, the thread would be shut down almost immediately as "gender-bashing"
Not really unless he decides to generalize about women and/or uses nasty terms to describe them.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Like I mentioned before, I don't care if people complain, but when it's the same complaints over and over without an apparent desire to listen to anyone else it gets tiresome. Of course women do this too, but men on this forum seem to do it more often.

I like to tell people there's a blog feature of this site not to be annoying, but to remind them there's a better place for just venting. There's also a chat thread for something that's regularly occurring.

Most regular posters want to help and many will say "Aww, it's ok," but after a while people will get tired of saying this.
People vent on here all the time, I dont see anything wrong with it. Understanding the therapeautical value of writing stuff down when something bugs you, i think makes it ok to read and ignore once in awhile. Both men and women complain, and they do it because many times its much easier to place the blame on something external rather than take a good hard look in the mirror. THats where youll find most blame should be placed and its also where any changes will come from.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:21 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
That's what I wonder. People come on here all the time complaining about how much effort they've put into a relationship or finding one, but we really don't know.

Women are doing the same thing. They complain about a failing relationship and how they've done all they can to salvage it but he doesn't pay attention. Meanwhile, she has thousands posts and you wonder where she finds the time to "salvage her relationship" when she's on forums and facebook for most of her free time. Usually they're just looking for validation from a cheerleading squad to tell her she "deserves better".

On that note, I can't tell you how many times I've seen posters tell a female poster "she deserves better" when she has just signed up for an account on CD and her first post is a rant about her boyfriend or husband. How does anyone know she deserves better? We got a one sided story from someone we know absolutely nothing about.
I've seen this a lot on other forums as well: If it's a woman, it's "leave you deserve better" if it's a man, it's "you should try harder to make her happy" lol

Old 06-27-2013, 08:42 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,603,533 times
Well said, OP, though I would note that it's a pattern with the people here to complain about the opposite sex rather than address their own problems. It's not just the men.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:09 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Guys lacking strong father figures tend to be losers with the ladies... It's a sad phenomena going on in America today. Sons being raised by mothers. Sons need fathers, daughters need both parents.
"Guys lacking strong father figures tend to be losers"

Not all, but the prison population mostly being filled with Fatherless prisoners would be a pretty good indication of the importance of having a involved dad in their life.

"Sons need fathers, daughters need both parents"

Ideally, for 95% of the population Sons and Daughters need both a good mom and dad, that way they see how men and women our supposed to interact. If not they tend to learn from their friends , movies or television.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships