Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:41 AM

102,266 posts, read 108,293,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
It's funny to see how many people say this is obvious. When I post in other threads that women's sex drive is as high as men's, or contradict guys who assume that women only have sex in order to get other, non-sexual things, I generally get laughed at and shot down.
There are a lot of inconsistencies on this forum. We've had threads where most women have posted that their guys can't keep up with them sexually. We've had other threads where women say that 4x/week is the most any woman could do or would want to do, even in their 20's. Go figure.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:45 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,353,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I think the surprise is due to the conundrum that while we have a strong sex drive (I certainly do) we have to be more careful than men when it comes to casual sex. We get pregnant and can't walk away and women, due to physiology, are more prone to get venereal diseases. So in general, while we are sexual, it's better for us to also be reserved (until we get a committed partner. Like I say, once I find a good man for a LTR he better not count on getting much sleep lol).

Oh, and for clarity, that's just my own little hypothesis. It makes sense to me because that's how I feel. There might be a time when I am craving sex a lot--but I still won't go out and sleep around or find ONSs. It's just not going to happen.
Women are human, of course they have a strong sex drive. That is human nature. Why is this news?

What you just described is not being a ****, and is a good thing. And for the same reasons, why sluts are looked down upon.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:51 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,386,529 times
Quote:
It's funny to see how many people say this is obvious. When I post in other threads that women's sex drive is as high as men's, or contradict guys who assume that women only have sex in order to get other, non-sexual things, I generally get laughed at and shot down.
Well posting about a constant fear of STD's and waiting forever to have sex with someone doesn't quite scream "look at me I have a high sex drive."

2,186 posts, read 2,927,055 times
Definitely stuff that has been known by the experts for a long time. Only social pressure makes it seem otherwise.

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Actually, this is sadly true. It's a very embarrassing and real problem for many middle aged men.

Men's natural testosterone levels start decreasing as they leave their late teens and early 20's. Women's sex drives tend to peak in their 40's (biologically)

Luckily I'm 25, but I have even noticed a slight decrease from when I was 20, unless it's just because I'm in a long term relationship lol.

Either way, 100% sure I will be taking testosterone once I get into my late 30's and 40's.
Men have a refractory period. After that, they can probably go up 5 or 6 times a day, some women just get started with that many....

Women don't have a refractory period, they can keep going, men can't, I don't care if you're 18, 25 or 45. Men can never keep up fully with women, pun intended.

So go buy your testosterone pills, they are still good for other things...

Old 06-27-2013, 10:55 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,398,078 times
Quote:
I have also always said this..... The other threads that are funny are the guys who say middle-aged married women don't want sex anymore.... This goes against everything I've seen IRL. Many of my happily married 30-/40-/50-something girlfriends tell me they just can't get it enough from their hubbies. Their sex drives are through the roof. They are telling me their hubbies can't keep up with it sometimes... LOL

Old 06-27-2013, 10:56 AM

102,266 posts, read 108,293,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Women are human, of course they have a strong sex drive. That is human nature. Why is this news?
On a forum where men complain a lot that "women don't like sex", or women kill relationships by avoiding sex, this is big news.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:59 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
On a forum where men complain a lot that "women don't like sex", or women kill relationships by avoiding sex, this is big news.
LOL.... I can think of quite a few posters who might benefit from reading this study... There is often an alternate reality on this forum, which I have not experienced...

Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,927,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think what those guys really mean is "women don't like sex with me."

To be fair, though, there are women who post semi-frequently on the forum about how they don't like sex. I think this forum attracts a lot of young men and women at the age where women have yet to come into their own sexually due to a life of double standard social pressure. I remember in my teens and early 20's it seemed that many women didn't like sex as much as men. Holy cow did that change in my late 20's and 30's, though. Now I sometimes want them to back it off a notch so I can sleep.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:05 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,013,196 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships