Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 02:04 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,476,314 times

Advertisements

Can Men Handle It?

So far, I'm keeping up.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:07 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
43 yrs of hearing otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that woman can and do have a high sex drives, I'm just saying it isn't across the board true with all women comparing to men, or like I've said, it wouldn't be a long standing joke. I shouldn't say not having sex drives, I mean actually having sex as much as the men... I know that doesn't make as much sense, but it's too hard to explain... I think women want sex, maybe other things get in the way more and men don't let those other things get in the way... if that makes any sense

I know I can't keep up with Mrs.Chow that much is true....

I just keep reading stuff on this forum lately that just completely doesn't jive with what I see around me... someone recently said that lesbo women more often than not are sexier and more feminine then straight women... I'm like what frigging planet are you living on.... I mean again with the jokes, why would the be butch/macho/ comfortable shoe wearing jokes about lesbo women if they were so fem as someone said...

Not to take this thread off topic....

Yeah, that's the forum for you. People from various areas and various cultures and subcultures post here, which would account for a lot of wtf's.

People will have different experiences.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:08 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,374,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
One reason you may see a discrepancy here, though, is that it takes a different type of skill and experience to help a woman orgasm than a man. (I'm sure any bisexual person can confirm that for us.) For men it's a fairly mechanical process, and fairly similar from man-to-man. For women it's a little more complex, and varies more from woman to woman. In other words, what worked for your last man will likely work for the next man, but what worked for your last woman may not at all be what your next one is into.
I believe it, though I'm not bisexual so I can't speak to the variety of moves/actions that work for different women.
However, the men I've been with have, for the most part, been pretty straightforward & similar in what worked for them...
To be fair, I'm sure there are men with more diverse bedroom ideas & interests (in terms of what they need to please themselves),
but I'm rather conventional so haven't connected with these folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
I think an inexperienced woman is more likely to get a man off than an inexperienced man is to get a woman off.
Agree, and you put it succinctly.
I don't envy men the guesswork it may take to figure out what to do, given how much individual women can differ in what turns them on & gets them off.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:08 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,383,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I do think women also crave variety as much as men..In my social circle nearly ever women most of them married have come close to crossing the line flirting with my very good looking single friend..

If you pay attention closely women can be even creepier then men when they see a good looking person..I know people claim women arent as visual as men or need mental stimulation ot get horny but i dotn buy it i think they lose their mind and get as horny as men do when there around a good looking person..
Last year, I brought my 23 year old cousin to the local bar to watch a game. He is a NYC model (heterosexual) and had a local commercial. For reference, he looks just like Leonardo DiCapprio, but better looking face, with a better body.... Well, all these 40 y.o. married women/moms/professionals from my town were all over him - It WAS extremely creepy. One mom even asked me if I was ever with him - wtf - he's my cousin, weirdo.... I was creeped out by all the women leering at him. Some of these women still ask about him... These "normal" women indeed "lost their mind" around him - they were so worked up...

Old 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,924,893 times
If this article is true then why are there all kinds of women prostitutes, and very few men. The average woman can walk into a club/bar put out the welcome signs and go home with at least an average guy and probably have her pick.

GoCubs: You just made a great point. Men have a generalized sex drive. Many are not all that selective, they just want it. Women are very selective, indicating that their sex drive is not just pure sex drive, but is situational, depending on how attractive the man is. So there are all kinds of other things going on, not just pure sex drive. Maybe they just wanted a trophy. For example, my wife's sex drive has always been situational. It takes something to really get her in the mood, like a movie, vacation setting or like when she wanted to get pregnant. IE it wasn't pure sex drive, there were other things going on. People are very complicated and behavior is not just contingent on one factor.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:15 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
There are books that say the opposite.

Common sense says that sex drives are as varied as food preferences. Some women have a high sex drive, some don't. Some have no sex drive.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:17 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,921,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
I don't envy men the guesswork it may take to figure out what to do, given how much individual women can differ in what turns them on & gets them off.
What's interesting is I think many women, if they've only had sex with men and don't talk openly about sex with their woman friends, don't realize how much women vary from person to person with sexual response. They know they get off a certainly way, and they know the guys they've been with have mostly gotten off similarly to each other, so it's natural for them to assume that women must get off similarly to each other, too. Not the case!

The way I once heard Dr. Drew put it is, "The male sexual response is like a light switch. The female sexual response is like the flight deck of a 747," to which he added, "If 747s were all different from each other."

If a young inexperienced guy is able to regularly get you off as a woman, I have to assume one of three things:

1) You showed him exactly what you like, and he learned quickly.
2) He's a very good guesser.
or
3) He's not as inexperienced as you think he is.

Nothing wrong with any of these things, of course. I'm just saying it's not something that comes automatically with having a penis and a high sex drive. We have to learn it.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:19 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,383,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
If this article is true then why are there all kinds of women prostitutes, and very few men. The average woman can walk into a club/bar put out the welcome signs and go home with at least an average guy and probably have her pick.
Just because a woman may be more careful (due to physical risk, disease, pregnancy, social pressure, etc.) on who they sleep with and when they do it - it does not mean they have less of a sex drive....

Old 06-27-2013, 02:19 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,104,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Last year, I brought my 23 year old cousin to the local bar to watch a game. He is a NYC model (heterosexual) and had a local commercial. For reference, he looks just like Leonardo DiCapprio, but better looking face, with a better body.... Well, all these 40 y.o. married women/moms/professionals from my town were all over him - It WAS extremely creepy. One mom even asked me if I was ever with him - wtf - he's my cousin, weirdo.... I was creeped out by all the women leering at him. Some of these women still ask about him... These "normal" women indeed "lost their mind" around him - they were so worked up...
Yep ive seen it and its pretty scary..a real good looking dude will make women lose their mind just by his presence..its like theyve never seen a good looking person before..

Not alot of men get that reaction from women but the ones who do i think even most married women would cheat with just out of pure horniness and attraction like the situation with my friend..

Old 06-27-2013, 02:40 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,460,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Men have a refractory period. After that, they can probably go up 5 or 6 times a day, some women just get started with that many....

Women don't have a refractory period, they can keep going, men can't, I don't care if you're 18, 25 or 45. Men can never keep up fully with women, pun intended.

So go buy your testosterone pills, they are still good for other things...
And when does this 5 or 6 times a day start?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships