Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 04:01 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Women's desire doesn't disappear with time. It's when guys let themselves go, sit on the couch, go out drinking with their buddies, and don't contribute to taking care of household duties fairly when the contempt begins to build. How can you have the hots for someone you don't respect and secretly despise? Sorry, but "hey baby, Wanna?" doesn't work when you are being a complete loser of a husband/SO
I agree with this.

I also think birth control can sometimes affect libido. Supposedly women can experience a resurgence of sexual desire after menopause, and while this may be due to natural hormonal fluctuations, I also wonder if it's because many don't take BC with hormones anymore.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:02 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,232,127 times
Just because a woman may have a higher "sex drive" does not mean she is equally into the alternative sex acts which was always my problem in dating/marriage.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:05 PM

217 posts, read 307,706 times
Then explain the post-nupital shutoff: Post-nuptial shutoff?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:07 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,383,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
GoCubs: I'm very happy for you and your hubby. However, in consideration of this, we all have to go outside our personal experience and realize we may not be typical. IMHO, you would be in the minority. If you study the issue for a few years, check surveys, results, look at people's behavior, then you might come to a different answer. Again, look at the issue of prostitution. Its men who will overwhelmingly pay for sex, not women. Its men who are expected to have a good job, have a nice place, be stable etc. Men have very few of these requirements in general. They are happy in many cases, even if she lives with mom or drives an old car. Think "Pretty Woman" or "For the love of the Game, or "You've got mail" The women are poor, but the guy is a catch, not just based on his looks, but that he's got money. Why else do you have the "he has to be the one to ask or pursue" game.

I will add that I'm not completely closed to the idea that women have an equal sexual desire. People have changed a lot in my lifetime. I just don't see much evidence of it.
I have previously posted stories about my conversations with my GF's and my friend who owns an "intimacy" shop in the city and deals with female customers on a daily basis. I also tried to describe the social demographic I am in. The point is I only related my personal experience after you related yours... And we all have different experiences... I just read a study that Chicago has a high rate of sexual activity (it was on the C-D Chicago forum), so maybe that impacts my experiences - maybe I live in a sexually liberal area. Who knows - maybe it is something in the water - I can only relate what I have seen/heard in my demographic group and it is supported by the OP's study.

Considering I have talked to many of my close GF's frankly about sex - high school, college sorority (lived with 100's of girls for years and we talked a lot about sex), neighbors, work friends, etc... I believe I have enough anecdotal evidence that also supports the conclusions of the OP's study. Feel free to post your surveys, results, etc.. that counter these conclusions... The OP's survey is one piece of evidence.

Movies and TV sitcoms are make-believe and filled with stereotypes. Just because a woman may be more apt to choose a more conservative (or societal approved) behavior (e.g. does not frequent prostitutes, or pursue ONS), does not mean they do not have a high level of desire....

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 06-27-2013 at 04:16 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 04:11 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,940,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I don't see anything wrong with a awakening an older woman's desires who may or may not have been taken for granted by men her own age and/or weren't able to perform repeatedly with vigor, aggressiveness, and insatiability, treating her as though she was the only woman in the world.
Well, that's certainly a very nice way to beautify a 39-year-old woman's drunken romp with junior (who, incidentally, was probably a HS junior a year and a half prior). I digress.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:31 PM

173 posts, read 209,554 times
I don't believe it, there wouldn't be so many men on this board complaining they can't get dates and get laid to save their lives. There wouldn't be husbands on here who sleep downstairs and haven't seen their wives nude for years.

Can't all be mean, old, fat, bald and ugly......BS!

Old 06-27-2013, 04:43 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,383,085 times
Ok, here is another study...
National Sex Survey Of Older Daters Show Which Region Is The Sexiest

Take a look at the Graph entitled, "People Who Rate Their Sex Drive As High"and look at the Midwest region (where I live)....

Male = 49.5%
Female = 57.5%

This supports my previously stated opinion on this matter, as it relates to my area demographic...

Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,379,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
Cougars are revolting.

That said, could someone please help me to pinpoint exactly when it became attractive in the sex culture-at-large for some middle-aged bar **** in the midst of a pathetic life-crisis to start screwing men who often tend to be, roughly, members of their own children's age groups?

Call me old-fasioned.
Bar ****? Who says anything about that? A cougar is only a middle aged or older woman that is attracted to younger guys.

What's wrong with a 45 year old woman being attracted and having sex with a 45 year old man?

I just watched "whats eating gilbert grape" and even back when that movie was made that milf was going after Gilbert.

Or as arnie calls him "GILBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRT"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-27-2013, 05:11 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,961,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Ok, here is another study...
National Sex Survey Of Older Daters Show Which Region Is The Sexiest

Take a look at the Graph entitled, "People Who Rate Their Sex Drive As High"and look at the Midwest region (where I live)....

Male = 49.5%
Female = 57.5%

This supports my previously stated opinion on this matter, as it relates to my area demographic...
Interesting. I am very curious as to why the graph regarding; How many are having sex at least once a week is only displaying the combined %'s from men and women.
Curious as to whether it is exactly 50/50, or skewed one way or another.

And the midwest women.... why do they consistently think their drive is high, compared with women in the rest of the nation?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:13 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,940,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Bar ****? Who says anything about that? A cougar is only a middle aged or older woman that is attracted to younger guys.
What, you didn't know that many of these smarmy old ladi--I mean "cougars"--are habitual patrons of alcohol-serving establishments, and, you know, act kinda s!utty during their visits?

You might just call that observation a kind of personal anecdote of mine, and that wouldn't be unreasonable; I also know that middle-aged women can find younger men on dating sites specific to their preferences; I know that some of these women even network ("network") at conventions that celebrate their sexual choices; and I've also never seen one in action (well, not "in action", but I suppose "prowling") anywhere that didn't have a large pool of drunk 21-year-olds (and sometimes their younger friends, of course) to swim in.

Look, the embarrassing old ditz can have sex with whomever she likes--not really my business, but, because it's such a prominent tenet of the sex culture, I have some standing to be opinionated...about something that I find rather gross.

Quote:
What's wrong with a 45 year old woman being attracted and having sex with a 45 year old man?
Nothing.

Quote:
I just watched "whats eating gilbert grape" and even back when that movie was made that milf was going after Gilbert.

Or as arnie calls him "GILBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRT"
I only remember Juliette Lewis (with a putrid haircut) pursuing Gilbert...does he bang the golden (haha) oldie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships