Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 06:16 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times

Advertisements

Sex and the City, validated by a study... Go Samantha!

Old 06-27-2013, 06:19 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,875,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
They are obviously missing out...
What's hilarious is that many of us have had very few partners - we just really like the partners we are with....

Another myth: Women who have strong sex drives must have been promiscuous / had lots of partners...
It would be funny if such boarishly misogynistic attitudes weren't so widely held by men. Heck, even other women frequently get in on the action of labeling others with differing levels of sexuality as "sluts".

Old 06-27-2013, 06:24 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,231,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Re: Husbands not getting laid:

I have seen hundreds of forum posts, including many on CDR, in which men state categorically that they would never have a serious relationship with a woman with a high sex drive, especially one higher than their own.

These men say that they believe women with high sex drives are more likely to cheat, and/or more likely to have 'too much' previous sexual experience. (These men do not explain why their own higher drive doesn't make them likely to cheat, or slutty, or otherwise rule them out as partners .)

I think it's clear than, when it comes to marriage, many men deliberately select women with lower sex drives than their own. A man with an average sex drive chooses a wife with a lower than average one, and a man with a high drive chooses a wife who is average. This does not mean women with high drives don't exist, only that they are unlikely to be married to men with issues around gender and sex.

I think this is why we get so many married guys complaining about lack of sex. They are the guys who did not think about the predictable consequences of their choices, and do not think now about what they did to create the situation they are in. They just complain.

That and the couch potato explanation someone posted earlier .
My first wife baited and switched on me, we had tons of sex the first 3-4 years then she drug me through 6 months of nonsense counseling becuase she did want it anymore.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:26 PM

173 posts, read 209,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
It would be funny if such boarishly misogynistic attitudes weren't so widely held by men. Heck, even other women frequently get in on the action of labeling others with differing levels of sexuality as "sluts".
A bit older and wiser men KNOW that "we/us/you" don't have anything that will be a miracle cure to keep her around. It doesn't matter if you are the biggest she ever saw and had. Someone did it better, somebody has/makes more money and is better looking.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:30 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,940,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Dweller View Post
I've seen that backfire for women many times. They met a really good looking guy with all his stuff together. Some way or another that subject comes up. The guy is even a bit out of her league looks wise. She "assumes" he's been around and informs him of her 15+ partners. Come to find out he only had 2.

The look on their face is priceless with embarrassment and it's no wonder the dude bails on her.
Why is it that supposedly grownup men and women can't generally just be satisfied with common-sense assumptions that their partners have: 1). had sex, 2). possibly/probably had sex with more than one previous partner, and 3). had encounters that they enjoyed, hated or thoroughly regret? They can enjoy some entitlement to their secrets, no?

Old 06-27-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Dweller View Post
A bit older and wiser men KNOW that "we/us/you" don't have anything that will be a miracle cure to keep her around. It doesn't matter if you are the biggest she ever saw and had. Someone did it better, somebody has/makes more money and is better looking.
Exhibit A: inferiority complex. Man's fragile ego on display

Old 06-27-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
Why is it that supposedly grownup men and women can't generally just be satisfied with common-sense assumptions that their partners have: 1). had sex, 2). possibly/probably had sex with more than one previous partner, and 3). had encounters that they enjoyed, hated or thoroughly regret. They're entitled to their secrets, no?
The point was that "she" (lady A) was so caught up in bar hopping, she just assumed he was doing the same.

She thought very wrong....he had 2 LTRs.

She banged every guy at three bars.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:34 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,382,148 times
Quote:
Yes, it is boarishly misogynistic, and it tends to come from the ignorant, insecure, overly judgmental/controlling, and from those who experienced vile relationships (e.g. their own, or their parents).... I always avoided those kind of men - luckily, there are better ones around.

Quote:
LOL.... Just saw that post... So he fits the above description - they usually do.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Which is what? I'm not "God's gift to women"?

Nah, I'm the normal one....

Even if I AM!

Old 06-27-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Yes, it is boarishly misogynistic, and it tends to come from the ignorant, insecure, overly judgmental/controlling, and from those who experienced vile relationships (e.g. their own, or their parents).... I always avoided those kind of men - luckily, there are better ones around.

LOL.... Just saw that post... So he fits the above description - they usually do.
Like me and your husband. He's a lucky guy. I've been around long enough to know that you are quite the keeper, yourself.

I'm on a roll tonight. It's a hoot beating back mental midgets with backward views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.