Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 08:11 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Yes, we did. You just didn't know it. Are you unaware of the cultural reasons for women to keep their horniness a secret?
I can imagine, I just don't wanna turn this thread into a political/social debate.... which isn't the premise of the OP....

Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,000,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I can imagine, I just don't wanna turn this thread into a political/social debate.... which isn't the premise of the OP....
You don't think it's wee bit late for that?

The premise of the OP is that women are as horny as men. The obvious corollary is that we keep it a secret -- otherwise everyone would already know and there would be nothing to discuss!

Old 06-28-2013, 01:12 AM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That might not have come up with the women you were with personally, maybe because she sensed you wouldn't be ok with it? But you may well have met women in such a relationship (as in: they crossed your path, you had a conversation), but you wouldn't know about the intimate details of their life. You better believe that in our society, a woman being in a LTR with more than one guy is kept on the down low. Puritanism is still alive and well in America, and women know to be discreet in order to avoid being burned at the stake. As Jet Jockey's post so handily points out.
The topic always comes up. That conversation is pretty much on the table with every woman I have been in a relationship with. If open dialogue regarding sex is not happening I wouldn't be with her or the relationship ends quickly. If she likes other men, If shes Bi, or has a particular kink, we have discussed it.

The only thing I have found that seems to be universal amongst women Ive dated, and most likely the same is true for men too is discussing the number of previous partners. Ive never had one women want to talk about her #, and for the most part I don't even care one one way or another.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:28 AM

348 posts, read 550,154 times
My whole dating philosophy is based on the notion that women have really strong sex drives/are just as horny as men.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:53 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Not true. Women have a high sex drive that is condition. When condition A, B, C is met, her drive is high. For men, Their drive is high almost always without exception
I can agree with this

I think Men are low maintenance when it comes to sex typically. They're ready to go at a moment's notice. No matter the conditions.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:01 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,922,349 times
Quote:
I am bisexual, and my experience contradicts your theory.
Interesting.

Quote:
I don't know where this myth comes from, that all men are the same, sexually
I wouldn't know where such a myth would come from, either. I certainly didn't say that.

Quote:
As for inexperienced men getting off more easily with a partner, that has to do with our cultural assumptions about what constitutes 'sex'. We define sex as the act or acts that make it easiest for most (not all!) men to orgasm. When you think about it, this is a rather bizarre definition.
Good point. I agree that this is part of it, but only part. Even if we eliminate intercourse entirely and just look at manual/digital or oral stimulation, it's still going to be far easier for an inexperienced woman to get an inexperienced man off than vice versa. Think of it this way: How many teenage girls do you think have an orgasm from being awkwardly pawed at by a boy on a date? How many teenage boys do you think don't have an orgasm when the girl does the same to them? One is far easier than the other without practice and experience.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Dweller View Post
You will when your d*** falls off.
If "when your d*** falls off" is a crude euphemism meaning "when you get an STI," you surely realize you don't have to be with a sexually confident woman for that to happen, right? If anything, I'd be more afraid of getting one from a sexually repressed woman, because she's likely not had the type of sex education to know how to protect herself from contracting them and the assertiveness to insist that her partners participate in that.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
It would be funny if such boarishly misogynistic attitudes weren't so widely held by men. Heck, even other women frequently get in on the action of labeling others with differing levels of sexuality as "sluts".
Well said.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
My whole dating philosophy is based on the notion that women have really strong sex drives/are just as horny as men.
Mine too, actually, though I've never thought of putting it quite that simply before. To me it goes without saying, really.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:07 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,675,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
I think what those guys really mean is "women don't like sex with me."
Women having sex drives as strong as men really isn't such a great revelation. However, this knowledge doesn't really change anything about dating because of the statement above. Okay, so now guys with little luck in dating can rest assured it's not because the girl doesn't like sex, she just doesn't like YOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships