Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2007, 11:31 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,768,824 times

Advertisements

I'm also wishing for travelin' mercies for you, Robyn. 'Car time' can be so great; every day now you are making good and healing memories because you're able to live in peace and without the fear and conflict that was formerly present. (I remember similar times with my beloved daughter after her father left...had barely 'two nickels to rub together' as they say in the Midwest, but we'd take little car trips here and there whenever possible...)

Back on topic *ahem*, and thinking of your dear family up North, you know how to listen well and you are so compassionate and loving; this will be a comfort for all your sibs & rels in their sorrow. Wishing you Good Strength for this part of the journey. I'm lighting candles for you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 01:19 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
HIF is 100% correct. Like you said, YOU are not HIS and therefore, any discussion beyond the kids well being and making pickup/dropoff arrangements is unnecessary.

And also, I recommend a permanent schedule-

4PM Friday outside your house

3PM Sunday at the bank

That way it does not need to be discussed every week.

And the check can be given to the kids when he picks them up to run into the house to you or given on Sunday to hand to you.
I wish TJ could make electronic payments for the child support. This way he can send the money directly into Robyn's bank account. No waiting for checks to clear. No handing checks to the kids to give to mommy.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:27 PM

283 posts, read 524,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
LOL! zonababe, that's so correct it's funny!!

Another huge ditto to HIF. It's setting boundaries so you don't need to reach the point of fear.

Hey, Syn and kalo!!

(((Robyn))) Safe travels. I hope you find some adventures and peace this weekend.
hey Rockkkkkky?

Old 12-15-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I wish TJ could make electronic payments for the child support. This way he can send the money directly into Robyn's bank account. No waiting for checks to clear. No handing checks to the kids to give to mommy.
In some states this can be court mandated & enforced, whether the payor likes it or not. Anyone know about VA?

Old 12-15-2007, 02:18 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,349 times
WooooHooooo!! I just received a short message from ILTB. Computer problems. I was really glad to see her on line.

kalo, what are we gonna do with our girl traveling? This thread will be slow for a couple of days.

AMC = The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. Guess I'll go knit for awhile and watch the silly stuff.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
WooooHooooo!! I just received a short message from ILTB. Computer problems. I was really glad to see her on line.

kalo, what are we gonna do with our girl traveling? This thread will be slow for a couple of days.

AMC = The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. Guess I'll go knit for awhile and watch the silly stuff.
I don't know , maybe sing dirty X-mas songs? I'm sure Syn has a few up his sleeve

Old 12-15-2007, 03:43 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
I was relieved to hear from ILTB too- and I'm hoping Robyn's travels are safe and fun.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:19 PM

788 posts, read 2,111,533 times
Hey there everyone! I only have a few minutes because my 17 year old is back on line and itching to download songs on his IPOD! The kids are sooo funny - they act like we lived in a cave w/o the computer!!
I am so sorry that I missed the mediation day - but you guys said it all.
Robyn is awesome. I knew she would/ could do it - but it is so nice to see that she did. It took FOREVER to read through the thread and catch up and I sat here laughing and crying at the computer - the kids think I have completely gone round the bend!
I missed you all so much!

Robyn - those kids of yours are fantastic. I have only one bit of advice and I am giving it to you from experience. You left him - you took the kids out of that abusive life. You are already seeing the growth and the spreading of the wings - in the kids and in yourself. Don't give in on the little things because you don't want to deal with his anger and it seems easier. He is like one of those dinosaurs in Jurassic Park - he's hitting the fence trying to find the weak spot. I don't think he's Satan - he's just a very angry, selfish person who can't see past himself. Manipulation is what he knows and he knows how to get to you. Please don't show the kids that you give into that - because they will too. The longer you wait to put your foot down the harder it gets.
You are doing great and I am not criticizing - just want you to think about it when you are tempted to give in. To you it may just be about abc - but for him it's about it all - everytime.

I am so sorry to hear about your neice and so sorry that your homecoming had to be so sad - but I am happy that you have the ability now to go and happy that you can share your family with your babies. Peace be with you and yours.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:58 PM

Thumbs up Wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
Hey there everyone! I only have a few minutes because my 17 year old is back on line and itching to download songs on his IPOD! The kids are sooo funny - they act like we lived in a cave w/o the computer!!
I am so sorry that I missed the mediation day - but you guys said it all.
Robyn is awesome. I knew she would/ could do it - but it is so nice to see that she did. It took FOREVER to read through the thread and catch up and I sat here laughing and crying at the computer - the kids think I have completely gone round the bend!
I missed you all so much!

Robyn - those kids of yours are fantastic. I have only one bit of advice and I am giving it to you from experience. You left him - you took the kids out of that abusive life. You are already seeing the growth and the spreading of the wings - in the kids and in yourself. Don't give in on the little things because you don't want to deal with his anger and it seems easier. He is like one of those dinosaurs in Jurassic Park - he's hitting the fence trying to find the weak spot. I don't think he's Satan - he's just a very angry, selfish person who can't see past himself. Manipulation is what he knows and he knows how to get to you. Please don't show the kids that you give into that - because they will too. The longer you wait to put your foot down the harder it gets.
You are doing great and I am not criticizing - just want you to think about it when you are tempted to give in.To you it may just be about abc - but for him it's about it all - everytime.

I am so sorry to hear about your neice and so sorry that your homecoming had to be so sad - but I am happy that you have the ability now to go and happy that you can share your family with your babies. Peace be with you and yours.
What a great way to express it, ILTB, and the parts I put into bold print are, IMHO, very key points - and what a clear way to say it.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:38 AM

Cheers to all, and Robyn I hope that you are enjoying the time with your family this weekend, even though the circumstances are not the best. It's good that you can be with them during this time. They need you.[/quote]
Well I'm disappointed Syn, thought for sure with all those great pics you come up with, you'd have a little "Grandma got run over by the reindeer" up your sleeve

Last edited by Synopsis; 12-16-2007 at 07:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships