Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 03:14 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,157,455 times

Advertisements

[quote=Braunwyn;30551828]We're dealing with active denial.

I hear what you're saying. I get it. I just disagree across the board save a minority of men. If George Clooney has salt and pepper hair it's considered sexy. This does not apply to the vast majority of men. A cheap bottle of wine can age 50 years and it will still be a cheap bottle of wine, but aged 50 years. There is no benefit to you or the vast majority of men. But, what i say makes no difference. All a person has to do is look at their life, take inventory, and that tells the story. Also, your opinion/assumption as to why women look to marry younger is just that. For one, I don't know if women look to marry younger. Educated, successful women tend to look to marry older. This has nothing to do with aging, but life business (school, career, etc). Poor, uneducated women tend to marry younger because that's what folk at lower SES levels do. It's always been more of a financial boon. So, you're reasoning here is poor.[/quote]

And the same goes for your opinion. I never stated my opinion was divine. It's just my opinion and when it comes to assuming what a women thinks I would most likely be wrong. However, when it is a man, I have a better idea of what they think since I am one. Educated women marry later because they take that extra time to go to school and get a job. I think personally your reasoning sucks. I think I was very clear and honest and I think my reasoning holds much more weight than yours. Yes, some women hold off marriage to get their career, etc going. I went to college. I understand that very well. But I was just talking to one of my oldest girl friends yesterday who is very good looking. She's ten years older than me. Even she admitted that when guys go grey it is sexy. The salt and pepper look that is. But that's coming from an honest women though. Not a blow smoke up your asz politically correct one. She doesn't sugar coat things and she always tells the truth as she see's it. When women grey, they look old. As far as George Clooney, it's not like he's the only good looking man with salt and pepper hair. I hear from women all the time that men look sexier in many cases with salt and pepper hair. You never hear that about women. Plus, what about my other points regarding aging. Your telling me I'm wrong about the aging process between men and women? You're saying that none of my points are valid? You must be living in a fantasy world or just like to argue. Most people weather they dare to admit it or not know this is the truth. Hey, I don't really agree with barely anything you've said, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 03:15 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,757,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
What I meant was and I'll put it simply. Most men age better than most women. Obviously, there are exceptions. If a man has salt and pepper hair, it is considered sexy, distinguished, etc. When a women gets it, she's considered old. As we age, our skin gets tighter. This also benefits the man, as tightness is more associated with hard/ aging/ manly. Whereas soft skin is associated with beauty/ youth. Which on a sub-conscious level it is also associated with fertility. That's all I'm saying. Once again, there are exceptions. So this in essence might be one reason why women look to marry sooner. They also might look to want to marry sooner because they have a short window of opportunity to get pregnant/ have kids. They also don't want to be too old when they have them. Neither do most men.
Are you sure about that?

Old 07-18-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Are you sure about that?
For most people yes I am sure about that. Unless you're heavy. Extra weight can make a person look younger if it's just a few pounds extra not alot to the point of obese extra. It's not my opinion-it's fact.

Of course if you're heavy, you will be the type to have loose hanging skin. I'm talking average weighted people. Not heavy people.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 07-18-2013 at 03:47 PM..

Old 07-18-2013, 03:26 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,757,535 times
Quote:
\
For most people yes I am sure about that. Unless your heavy. Extra weight can make a person look younger. It's not my opinion-it's fact.
Wrong. Loss of elastin in the skin that comes with aging causes the skin to become slack and loose. What do you think causes wrinkles? What do you think a facelift/chin lift does? Skin does NOT get tighter with age!

Extra weight makes a person look younger because the skin is stretched tighter over the fat. Is this not obvious?

Old 07-18-2013, 03:33 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,578,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, studies show this because single moms tend to live in poverty. It is absurd to assert that child outcome that results in criminality, drug abuse, etc is simply due to single parent household. It is poverty. Do you really think the child conceived from IVF from the patent attorney living is Wellesley, MA is at risk due to not having a second parent?
That child is significantly more likely to get in trouble (drop out of high school, be a criminal, teen pregnancy, etc.) than a child in that same situation with 2 parents.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:36 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
Quote:
And the same goes for your opinion. I never stated my opinion was divine. It's just my opinion and when it comes to assuming what a women thinks I would most likely be wrong. However, when it is a man, I have a better idea of what they think since I am one. Educated women marry later because they take that extra time to go to school and get a job. I think personally your reasoning sucks. I think I was very clear and honest and I think my reasoning holds much more weight than yours. Yes, some women hold off marriage to get their career, etc going. I went to college. I understand that very well. But I was just talking to one of my oldest girl friends yesterday who is very good looking. She's ten years older than me. Even she admitted that when guys go grey it is sexy. The salt and pepper look that is. But that's coming from an honest women though. Not a blow smoke up your asz politically correct one. She doesn't sugar coat things and she always tells the truth as she see's it. When women grey, they look old. As far as George Clooney, it's not like he's the only good looking man with salt and pepper hair. I hear from women all the time that men look sexier in many cases with salt and pepper hair. You never hear that about women. Plus, what about my other points regarding aging. Your telling me I'm wrong about the aging process between men and women? You're saying that none of my points are valid? You must be living in a fantasy world or just like to argue. Most people weather they dare to admit it or not know this is the truth. Hey, I don't really agree with barely anything you've said, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Your reasoning holds more weight to you? Ok. Your friends opinion doesn't hold any more weight either. None of that touches on my points. If you're not attractive at 30 or 40, why do you think you're going to be attractive at 50 or 60? It's always the same lackluster arguments on this forum and at least in my life, I don't see them flying. I think the aging argument only has merit when considering the beautiful. As stated earlier, it doesn't matter if we agree or not. The proof is in the pudding when it comes to this forum and that's something we only know in our individual lives. Given the incessant whining coming from men on CD, I don't think salt and pepper is doing the trick (if you guys have hair, are buff/not overweight like the vast majority, have successful careers, etc).

Old 07-18-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
That child is significantly more likely to get in trouble (drop out of high school, be a criminal, teen pregnancy, etc.) than a child in that same situation with 2 parents.
So, the affluent kid in Wellesley is worse off than the kid living in poverty with two parents? C'mon.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
\
For most people yes I am sure about that. Unless your heavy. Extra weight can make a person look younger. It's not my opinion-it's fact.
What difference does that really make as well? There has to be some point here.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wrong. Loss of elastin in the skin that comes with aging causes the skin to become slack and loose. What do you think causes wrinkles? What do you think a facelift/chin lift does? Skin does NOT get tighter with age!

Extra weight makes a person look younger because the skin is stretched tighter over the fat. Is this not obvious?
Yes, in certain parts skin can be loose. I'm not talking about people 60 or up. I guess I should of stated I'm referring more to people in their late thirties to mid forties. In those people, especially in their upper face their skin can get tighter. You can tell by pushing on your face. When you were younger, it would bounce back much faster. As the elasticity starts to go, your skin gets tighter. Unless you are really heavy. Our skin regardless of sagging in certain spots can still look much tighter abvove the chin in the face as we age resulting in looking older.
That was my original point. As we age, our skin gets tighter and most likely wrinkles if a person is within the normal weight range or thin. On men, it will look more acceptable, simply because men are supposed to be rough around the edges/ manly. The opposite is true for women. What is it that you don't understand?

As far as someone who is 35+, they will look a bit younger if they carry more weight in the face. You just confirmed that yourself. So why are you arguing with me?

Last edited by supermanpansy; 07-18-2013 at 03:49 PM..

Old 07-18-2013, 03:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,192,291 times
Quote:
Yes, in certain parts skin can be loose. I'm not talking about people 60 or up. I guess I should of stated I'm referring more to people in their late thirties to mid forties. In those people, especially in their upper face their skin can get tighter. Our skin regardless of sagging in certain spots can still look much tighter as we age resulting in looking older.
That was my original point. As we age, our skin gets tighter and most likely wrinkles if a person is within the normal weight range or thin. On men, it will look more acceptable, simply because men are supposed to be rough around the edges/ manly. The opposite is true for women. What is it that you don't understand?

As far as someone who is 35+, they will look a bit younger if they carry more weight in the face. You just confirmed that yourself. So why are you arguing with me?
Skin gets tighter? I don't think so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships