Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 11:11 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,322,053 times

Advertisements

If you happen to be short and can't get a GF (aka me for most of the past year), it's very little to do with your height, and very lot to do with everything else. Do you work out? Do you have a sense of humour? Are you confident? Because in the end, these things are more important than height
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 11:20 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
If you happen to be short and can't get a GF (aka me for most of the past year), it's very little to do with your height, and very lot to do with everything else. Do you work out? Do you have a sense of humour? Are you confident? Because in the end, these things are more important than height
Give this man a cigar! He GETS IT! And to his list I'd add: do you like women, and are you thoughtful toward them?

Are we done here, now?

(PLEASE say "yes"!!)

Old 08-15-2013, 05:18 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
this thread reminds me of a funny ....all in the family,,video

Archie Bunker on Cave Women, Cave Men & First **** - YouTube

Old 08-15-2013, 05:25 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Short men-get the other white meat.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:21 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
pork??

shorter men get porked??

then whats all the fuss??

Old 08-15-2013, 06:25 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,517,696 times
I'm 6'2 and once asked a girl out who was taller than me. She just smiled and said she didn't date short guys. Pfft.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:29 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
pork??

shorter men get porked??

then whats all the fuss??
Exactly.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:40 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
Overall (if you look at general population) women like taller men--that's just a given. Just like men (overall) prefer younger women. But the beauty of both of those... there are usually a lot of women shorter than you (for the men) and there are usually a lot of men older than you (for the women). And not all women and men have these preferences since we are all individuals with individual tastes.

I could also tell you how I, personally, prefer men a little taller than me, but not too much taller. When men get over about 6'4" or so, they are a little intimidating. Or that I dated a man two inches shorter than me for over two years in college because he was a wonderful person and we just clicked. Like any other mere "preference" it's easy to overlook when the important qualities of a man are there. But my personal preferences and experiences won't help you.

But know that there is a lot of give and take when it comes to height. First of all, chances are you are "taller" than a lot of women out there. And deep down, when most women prefer taller men, it's just men a little taller than themselves. Very few women have a height requirement like an amusement ride.

And you can make yourself "taller" with your attitude and mannerisms. Here is a good article for shorter men: Short Men Dating Tips - AskMen

It ranges from ways to make the illusion that you are taller to building confidence.

I think the article sums it up well with this:

Quote:
Tall guys, take note. Yes, you’ve got height on your side, but there’s a lot more to meeting women than that. Many taller men think their height is all they need to be attractive to women, but take a gander next time you’re out at a bar, and you’ll notice plenty of good-looking women with shorter men. Why? Because while you were resting on your laurels, the shorter guy was working his magic.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:49 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,562 times
Of course there are some girls that won't (or at least say they won't) date a shorter dude. Just like there are guys that will not date a fat chick.

I'm 5' 7" a buck sixty and have absolutely no problem attracting shorter and even taller women.

This is a fallacy you perpetuate by thinking it's true and destroying your self confidence.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:52 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,998,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hey, there's nothing wrong with that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships