Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 02:06 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I am average height for a guy.
Women LOVE guys 6'0" typically.
50% of online profiles list height requirements from women seeking guys minimum, 5'9", 5'10", 6'0" even. Just today I saw a woman 5'2" seeking guys 6'0" or more. Really?! 10" differential or more? What is the point there....
I do not have 'options', and i'm way taller than 5'0".
Granted, other factors may be involved here. But my observations OLD reflect that a good 50% of women require at LEAST 5'9" height to be considered for dating. And typically, if a woman is taller, 80% of the time, the guy MUS be taller.
Online is brutal, for women and for men. Forget online, if you're short.

Women SAY they prefer tall guys. And a few women really are hard-core about that. But many more women are more flexible than even they, themselves, think. Women who prefer tall guys will go for a short guy with panache. People say all kinds of things about their preferences (blue eyes, etc.), but in the end they often fall for someone who doesn't fit the profile they've outlined. Life and love are unpredictable. Play the odds. You could win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 03:07 PM

52,221 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Plenty of shorter women are with or like average sized guys.... not all women want tall men, this is self evident by merely making observations about the world you live in.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:48 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,103,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowerOfThings View Post
Tall girls want even taller guys
Average height girls want tall guys
Short girls want tall guys, too

You'd think that short guys would at least be able to find a partner of their own kind, but I guess not?
I didn't read any of the other posts.

All I can say is, Here we go AGAIN.

I am 4'11". Everyone is taller than I am. So height doesn't matter to me.

My exSO was . . . I dunno . . . 5'6" or something, he had grayish/whitish hair and not much of it. BUT, I loved him with my entire heart and soul.

Sooooooo . . . not ALL women want tall guys. Or guys with dark hair. Or guys with hair. OKAY?????

You need to change your screen name.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,387 times
Thumbs up Height Doesn't Matter That Much True Fact I Know Firsthand

I'm 5'5" and I MARRIED a 5'9" blonde. I ended up divorcing her for some valid reasons, but my main point is, from my experience, height really doesn't matter.

Looks don't matter much either since I'm not considered to be attractive, I believe.

It's a lot about chemistry and being yourself, as long as yourself isn't a psychotic nutball. Then again, perhaps even those types get girls too, but probably not the type of girls I'm interested in.

Cheers!

You never know until you try - Some Famous Person
www.attracton.com

Old 10-10-2013, 02:38 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,819,676 times
Me too. I'm only 5' 7 1/2" but my wife is like 5' 10". I find taller women much more attractive than a shorter women (no offense short ladies!)

Old 10-10-2013, 03:15 PM

924 posts, read 1,643,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
What a groundbreaking concept on this forum: short men have trouble dating! I don't think I've ever read this or heard this before. I can't believe this didn't come up until now.
You should emphasize with how traumatizing it must be (srs). Heightism is extremely prevalent and more tolerated than most discrimination it seems, I really feel for short guys.

On top of that they get NO sympathy from women. In fact, ridicule more often than not.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:23 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
It is the same the other way around as well.

Shorter guys give tall women often a hard time.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:26 PM

924 posts, read 1,643,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
It is the same the other way around as well.

Shorter guys give tall women often a hard time.
Tall women don't have it nearly as bad.

The comparable is obese women and they have the opportunity to lose the weight.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:40 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Tall women don't have it nearly as bad.
Oh really?? I was bullied throughout my whole childhood and youth for being too tall. That marked me FOR LIFE, even though I carry myself with pride now. I don't remember one short guy who was bullied as a kid.

I wished I was fat so I would have known what to do. Nothing you can do with you are super tall, can't even go hiding.

Yes shorter guys might have a hard time dating when they are grown up, but at least I would think they had a nice childhood.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:53 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,438,426 times
My brothers were both tall: 6'4" and 6'5". Both preferred tall girls, but, the tallest wouldn't date a girl shorter than 5'7". Both married tall women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships