Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:06 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times

Advertisements

Yeah we short guys are at the bottom of the barrel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 12:10 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitHustlesHarder View Post
I agree there is a threshold. Not positive what it is, but a 5' flat dude is going to struggle for sure.
All the short guys I've known were 5' or less, and none of them had trouble attracting women. I'm surprised to hear that a good-looking guy with a great personality at that height routinely has trouble. It seems like he'd be a babe magnet.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:21 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,697,116 times
That's a gross generalisation. Some girls like men that are taller, some prefer shorter, some don't care at all. All you need to do as a man is to feel confident and good about yourself. That is what makes you attractive.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:22 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitHustlesHarder View Post
A five foot flat guy being a babe magnet? Honestly, I don't even know any guys that short. That's freakishly short for a male.
I'm sure the actor who played Mini Me in the Austin Powers movies is a hell of a chick magnet but then again he is one of a king.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:32 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowerOfThings View Post
Tall girls want even taller guys
Average height girls want tall guys
Short girls want tall guys, too

You'd think that short guys would at least be able to find a partner of their own kind, but I guess not?
welp, guess it's off to the island of misfit toys for ya

Old 08-16-2013, 01:34 PM

296 posts, read 571,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
All the short guys I've known were 5' or less, and none of them had trouble attracting women. I'm surprised to hear that a good-looking guy with a great personality at that height routinely has trouble. It seems like he'd be a babe magnet.
Look I'm trying to stay retired, but it seems every time I even look at this site, people are really spreading some misinformation regarding preferences. Ruth you're surprised that a 5' man is having trouble with finding a relationship?????? Really? Does anyone here truly believe Ruth is this oblivious? Come on.

A man who is 5' will have difficulty dating. It's not rocket science. Honestly I'm not attacking you, but am shocked that you could post something so crazy and expect everyone to just go along and nod. Where do these short guys under 5' live Ruth because I'll seriously consider moving there...

Old 08-16-2013, 01:42 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Look I'm trying to stay retired, but it seems every time I even look at this site, people are really spreading some misinformation regarding preferences. Ruth you're surprised that a 5' man is having trouble with finding a relationship?????? Really? Does anyone here truly believe Ruth is this oblivious? Come on.

A man who is 5' will have difficulty dating. It's not rocket science. Honestly I'm not attacking you, but am shocked that you could post something so crazy and expect everyone to just go along and nod. Where do these short guys under 5' live Ruth because I'll seriously consider moving there...
I met a few of them in Seattle, but some were from outside the US, living there temporarily. Others I met while traveling. I've never met a really short guy who didn't have multiple dating options at any time.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Obviously they do as otherwise there wouldn't be any short people.

[short answer]
All of these are possible:

Tall father + short mother = short son
Average father + short mother = short son
Tall father + average mother = short son
Tall father + tall mother = short son (rare)

Simple genetics...

Old 08-16-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I met a few of them in Seattle, but some were from outside the US, living there temporarily. Others I met while traveling. I've never met a really short guy who didn't have multiple dating options at any time.
Hate to derail a thread, but where were these guys originally from (the ones that lived outside the US and the ones you met during your travels)? Interested about what culture doesn't have the heightism generally found in the US.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:01 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
Quote:
I am average height for a guy.
Women LOVE guys 6'0" typically.
50% of online profiles list height requirements from women seeking guys minimum, 5'9", 5'10", 6'0" even. Just today I saw a woman 5'2" seeking guys 6'0" or more. Really?! 10" differential or more? What is the point there....
I do not have 'options', and i'm way taller than 5'0".
Granted, other factors may be involved here. But my observations OLD reflect that a good 50% of women require at LEAST 5'9" height to be considered for dating. And typically, if a woman is taller, 80% of the time, the guy MUS be taller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships