Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 03:39 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,824,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Very mature response as always
Very accepting of others viewpoints as always.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,274,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Very accepting of others viewpoints as always.
As always of course

👎

Old 08-26-2013, 04:43 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,103,672 times
Quote:
When a woman is a single mother the assumption seems to be that she's just looking for someone to hook so they're saddled with her burdens!
Since when? I see it as the opposite, I assume she just doesn't want to put in the commitment into a marriage, even with the huge burden it would lift off her taking care of her kids.
And I see that as an extension of our culture's selfishness, failings. I mean, I get that not everyone wants to be a parent, that different things and lifestyles are right for differnt people, but there are limits. I think a lot of it is a lot of people being more in love with themselves, not looking forward or seeing the big picture of how lonely and non-rewarding that can be in the long run, and just being greedy with how perfect of a spouse they can find, or income they can achieve (the latter one I'm speaking of delaying kids and the whole grad-school-is-the-new-college thing that's going on)

You couldn't pay me every mmaterial thing and huge residence I could ever want if the price was that I could never marry and have kids and do the whole domestic, traditionalist mom-and-dad thing. Just saying.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:29 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,239,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Since when? I see it as the opposite, I assume she just doesn't want to put in the commitment into a marriage, even with the huge burden it would lift off her taking care of her kids.
And I see that as an extension of our culture's selfishness, failings. I mean, I get that not everyone wants to be a parent, that different things and lifestyles are right for differnt people, but there are limits. I think a lot of it is a lot of people being more in love with themselves, not looking forward or seeing the big picture of how lonely and non-rewarding that can be in the long run, and just being greedy with how perfect of a spouse they can find, or income they can achieve (the latter one I'm speaking of delaying kids and the whole grad-school-is-the-new-college thing that's going on)

You couldn't pay me every mmaterial thing and huge residence I could ever want if the price was that I could never marry and have kids and do the whole domestic, traditionalist mom-and-dad thing. Just saying.
It is lonely but its better than paying child support and still being lonely anyways but with less money to try again.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:25 PM

4 posts, read 3,745 times
Here is the thing, the male instinct is to not take care of another man's children. Male leopards will kill a female leopard's cubs so that she can have his babies. This is true for humans as well. Man that are never married with no kids will generally not want to date or marry a woman with another man's kids. Unless he's not a real man, loser, crazy or just desperate for anything.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:52 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,515,635 times
I think a person does have the choice in if they want to have children or not, but there is a lot special to be said about a man that raises and loves another woman's children and raises them as his own.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:53 AM

116 posts, read 144,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
It's spelled "semen." <shakeshead />
I know how semen is spelled but I don't like to spell it like S-E-M-E-N that is why I spell it S-E-A-M-E-N!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,244,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman2012 View Post
I know how semen is spelled but I don't like to spell it like S-E-M-E-N that is why I spell it S-E-A-M-E-N!
So you're just going to, like, wipe your arse with the Oxford English dictionary?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:20 AM

36,712 posts, read 31,008,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_bean_84 View Post
Here is the thing, the male instinct is to not take care of another man's children. Male leopards will kill a female leopard's cubs so that she can have his babies. This is true for humans as well. Man that are never married with no kids will generally not want to date or marry a woman with another man's kids. Unless he's not a real man, loser, crazy or just desperate for anything.
Here's the thing, although we (humans) belong to the kingdom animalia we do not share the instinct or behaviors of lesser mammals. We differ beyond the opposable thumb in our intellect and complex emotions. So this comparison to the animal kingdom is BS.

If you will just look around you, you will find evidence supporting the fact that human single childless males do indeed date and marry singles mothers and become fathers to another man's offspring.

This is not for everyone but to say it is a human males instinct to kill offspring that are not his is or not to raise a child that does not share his DNA is ridiculous.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:28 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,769,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Here's the thing, although we (humans) belong to the kingdom animalia we do not share the instinct or behaviors of lesser mammals. We differ beyond the opposable thumb in our intellect and complex emotions. So this comparison to the animal kingdom is BS.

If you will just look around you, you will find evidence supporting the fact that human single childless males do indeed date and marry singles mothers and become fathers to another man's offspring.

This is not for everyone but to say it is a human males instinct to kill offspring that are not his is or not to raise a child that does not share his DNA is ridiculous.
Here's an easy one. Everybody's heard of "women and children first," right? Human behavior often does not live up to the ideal (like the man who left his girlfriend and her children in the Colorado theater during the shooting), but we all know it's there, right? That guy was roundly condemned and mocked. If elbowing aside someone else's children to save yourself was perfectly natural and to be expected, nobody would have cared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships