Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 01:52 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
This is another thing that pisses me off whenever a short guy is a ahole or dbag its because hes overcomepnsating for being short or because all short guys have napoleon complexes.. maybe hes just a jerk or has "bluster" because some people are just that way wheter theyre 5 feet or 7 feet
Yeah, I dealt with at least as many "giants" who had chips on their shoulders as I dealt with shorter/average height, men.

One of the most scary/short tempered people I've dealt with was around 6'5" and I'm 6'0" No one would bet on me.

But I got tricks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 01:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Obviously the last guy you chased has mental or emotional issues.If he hasnt had interest from a woman for 5 years, and you ask him out, and he declines, he has problems. No healthy male would turn down a date if he hadnt had interest for 5 years. He did you a favor by declining, as he wouldnt be someone worth dating anyway.

So I will rephrase, most of the time the hot guys get chased.
But in that scenario, you win. You tried, and he failed. On to the next. And he is a total idiot, and deserves his misery.

And FWIW, I have been chased a couple times, and I am far from hot. But each time was by a friend.
But, I would be willing to bet you knew the guy somewhat as a friend or co-worker before asking him out. I doubt it was a cold approach and you asked him out during the first convo. If I am wrong, I applaud you.
Why? He wasn't attracted to me and no amount of 'dry spell' was going to change that. He told me he was into petite women (i.e., short and thin) and I'm decidedly not petite so why would he waste his time with me?

Like I said, even most guys in a dry spell who complain about women not being into them will decline a woman they don't find physically attractive. Hell, even I could be in a relationship right now if I wanted to date the homeless guy who hit on me a few weeks ago, or the 70 year old businessman who said he could 'show me a good time'.

This was the second time I'd met the guy, he's a friend of my roommates.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:58 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
My guess is because they look at women as human beings and do not let themselves get intimidated. My favorite ex-boss and mentor is 5'5", has been happily married for many, many years, and has a ton of female friends. The man just likes women as people, so they like him.

And not for nothing, but some tall guys like to throw their height around to intimidate people. It's not that they pick fights or anything, but that they use their size to block people's way, tower over people too closely, or make someone feel penned in. A tall man can be threatening to a woman if he doesn't handle his height well. Quite a few women will say that they feel safer with a shorter man. And shorter men, well, let's just say that even if they don't dance well, it's not as noticeable or disastrous as when a tall man is out there flailing his limbs around, and a lot of women love to dance.

And not for nothing, but a smart short man, like any other smart man with some kind of "disadvantage," learns how to develop other parts of himself to appeal to women--his sense of humor, intelligence, conversational skills, and yes, dance moves.
I've had that happen to me. I've had tall men even try to pick some kind of problem with me. Oh the humiliation that would have occurred had it escalate.

"What?! THAT "little" black man laid you out with one hit?!"

Btw Tall men are crappy dancers... Oh wait, I can only speak for myself.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:58 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why? He wasn't attracted to me and no amount of 'dry spell' was going to change that. He told me he was into petite women (i.e., short and thin) and I'm decidedly not petite so why would he waste his time with me?

Like I said, even most guys in a dry spell who complain about women not being into them will decline a woman they don't find physically attractive.
Yeah, if she's a barnyard animal.
Quote:

Hell, even I could be in a relationship right now if I wanted to date the homeless guy who hit on me a few weeks ago, or the 70 year old businessman who said he could 'show me a good time'.

This was the second time I'd met the guy, he's a friend of my roommates.
You should take him up on it.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I've had that happen to me. I've had tall men even try to pick some kind of problem with me. Oh the humiliation that would have occurred had it escalate.

"What?! THAT "little" black man laid you out with one hit?!"
Interesting. It's usually the shorter ones who try to pick fights with me, though once I got into it with a guy half a foot taller than me and easily 400 lbs. And I'm a big dude.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah, if she's a barnyard animal.

You should take him up on it.
So why is it not ok for a woman to reject a man on height, but it's perfectly acceptable for a man to reject a woman because she's a 'barnyard animal'?

And no...not interested in anyone older than my grandfather.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
So why is it not ok for a woman to reject a man on height, but it's perfectly acceptable for a man to reject a woman because she's a 'barnyard animal'?
I don't think it's a good thing for a woman to reject a man on height, but I've never experienced that, because I'm not short. I do have a very short grandfather who was married to a very tall grandmother. They had an interesting relationship.

And when I say "barnyard animal," I mean someone unkempt. I'm not referring to their looks.

Quote:
And no...not interested in anyone older than my grandfather.
Oh well. Just figured that maybe you could broaden your horizons.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't think it's a good thing for a woman to reject a man on height, but I've never experienced that, because I'm not short. I do have a very short grandfather who was married to a very tall grandmother. They had an interesting relationship.

And when I say "barnyard animal," I mean someone unkempt. I'm not referring to their looks.

Oh well. Just figured that maybe you could broaden your horizons.
unkempt is something different entirely. I've seen plenty of guys who reject women who are 'plain or unattractive' even though they complain about never having women into them. Apparently, it's no big deal if a guy rejects a woman because her boobs/butt aren't big enough or her stomach isn't flat enough or her nose is too big etc. but it's NOT okay for a woman to have a preference on height.

I'm not really interested in broadening my horizons to guys that old.

Last edited by Rhenzanite; 08-22-2013 at 03:22 PM..

Old 08-22-2013, 03:08 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
I am 5'9". My fiance is slightly taller than I am, 5'10"-ish. We are very close to the same height, though.

My ex was maybe 5'6", 5'7". His height was never a problem for me. Mine might have been for him, though, although we did stay together for five years. He was uncomfortable and insecure about a lot of stuff relating to his appearance, overall, and my being taller than him might have been among those things that always bothered him, for all I know. It's hard to say. But shorter guys have always been fine by me. I hit my adult height when I was like 11 years old, so I always was accustomed to being the "tall" girl.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
unkempt is something different entirely. I've seen plenty of guys who reject women who are 'plain or unattractive' even though they complain about never having women into them. Apparently, it's no big deal if a guy rejects a woman because her boobs/butt aren't big enough or her stomach isn't flat enough or her nose is too big etc. but it's NOT okay for a woman to have a preference on height.

I dunno. Never rejected anyone. But I do think that while it's not nice to reject someone because of height, I know it happens, and it's your right to do it.

Quote:
I'm not really interested in broadening my horizons to guys that old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships