Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 02:32 PM

351 posts, read 272,209 times

Advertisements

These people are not at all comforting towards you.

Hunny bun, it is fine There are many other fish in the sea. Maybe he just wasn't for you after all, and it took this long for it to come out. It is better not to rush things. In time everything will always come out and work out for the best. As well as relationships all just take time. It is better to find someone who truly loves you and is certain about your relationship. It seems as if he really didn't know what he wanted. It is best for you to get over him and find someone who cares. Seems hard to forget the moments together shared, but you have to live your life for this exact current moment. "Live for the moment." Leave him in the past move on forward, and show you will be better off. You have to become tough and stay strong to carry on your life. Life must go on and this should not delay you in finding your next lover. Just enjoy with family and friends and then join dating websites. Hit the clubs! Match.com will be waiting too

QUOTES TO read:
"You want to come in my life, the door is open. You want to get out of my life, the door is open. Just one request. Don't stand in the door, you're blocking the traffic."

"Falling in love is easy, letting go is hard and sometimes moving on is necessary."

"If he was stupid enough to walk away, then be smart enough to let him go."

"Sorry but I'm not wasting any more time on you, I DESERVE much better!"

"Never let the person who left you make you miss out on someone that wants to be with you."

"Sometimes, it's better to just move on instead of being the only one who's willing to fix things."

"Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely."

"Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone."

"A relationship is like broken glass. Sometimes its better to leave it broken, then hurting yourself trying to put it back together"

"Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans."

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

"Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear."

"Believe you can and you’re halfway there."

"Once you choose hope, anything’s possible."

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
HOPE THIS HELPED
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 02:37 PM

214 posts, read 383,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So when you guys got back together what did he say to convince you to try again with him?
It took me a while to take him back, maybe almost 6 months. He basically said that were going to talk about "us". At that time, It didnt mean anything to me bc I wasnt interested to be in a relationship with him anymore. His birthday comes and he wanted to spend his birthday weekend with me. It made me feel special that instead of partying with friends to celebrate his birthday, he chose to spend it with me. This guy has alot if friends and they go out alot on weekend. I felt that spending time with him on his birthday would make him happy and it is something that means alot to him, so I agreed. After that "date", maybe a week after he asked me again to go on another date but I did not go this time. I told him that Im kinda seeing someone and that he should move on. He got mad that Im seeing someone but he did not stop trying. After a few days, he asked again and with convincing from friends, I went out with him again. Since then weve been seeing each other every weekend. After a few more dates, I said that its easier if we just set the weekend as our day together so we dont have to ask each other out each time. He agreed to it.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:24 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
So you got back together without addressing the reasons you broke up in the first place.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-31-2013, 12:43 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,847,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Being a workaholic doesn't not mean your are "running from something" within yourself. Plenty of people are workaholics and are in happy and healthy relationships. Nobody is perfect, and if his biggest fault is being a workaholic, I'd gladly take that over somebody being a lazy bumb!
It does, actually. It's an addiction, and all addictions exist to numb/run from something that the person doesn't want to face or feel. Like rego00123 said, there is a signficant difference between being a workaholic and a hard worker. Big difference.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by possibleyou View Post
These people are not at all comforting towards you.

Hunny bun, it is fine There are many other fish in the sea. Maybe he just wasn't for you after all, and it took this long for it to come out. It is better not to rush things. In time everything will always come out and work out for the best. As well as relationships all just take time. It is better to find someone who truly loves you and is certain about your relationship. It seems as if he really didn't know what he wanted. It is best for you to get over him and find someone who cares. Seems hard to forget the moments together shared, but you have to live your life for this exact current moment. "Live for the moment." Leave him in the past move on forward, and show you will be better off. You have to become tough and stay strong to carry on your life. Life must go on and this should not delay you in finding your next lover. Just enjoy with family and friends and then join dating websites. Hit the clubs! Match.com will be waiting too

QUOTES TO read:
"You want to come in my life, the door is open. You want to get out of my life, the door is open. Just one request. Don't stand in the door, you're blocking the traffic."

"Falling in love is easy, letting go is hard and sometimes moving on is necessary."

"If he was stupid enough to walk away, then be smart enough to let him go."

"Sorry but I'm not wasting any more time on you, I DESERVE much better!"

"Never let the person who left you make you miss out on someone that wants to be with you."

"Sometimes, it's better to just move on instead of being the only one who's willing to fix things."

"Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely."

"Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone."

"A relationship is like broken glass. Sometimes its better to leave it broken, then hurting yourself trying to put it back together"

"Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans."

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

"Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear."

"Believe you can and you’re halfway there."

"Once you choose hope, anything’s possible."

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
HOPE THIS HELPED
Hey thanks for all the quotes. It helped.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:21 PM

So this guy sent me a good morning text today. I thought were over because he didnt want a relationship.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:41 AM

884 posts, read 1,172,668 times
IDK though, a good morning text doesn't mean he's decided he wants a relationship. It could mean any number of things.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:51 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
It is time to move on.

When I guy says, "I don't want to put a label on us," what he means is, "I want to keep you around for sex until someone better comes along."

Sorry you were hurt.
That's a generic answer to a series of specific questions. It's bull crap, actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships