Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 09:51 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,414,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So when you meet women, do you tell them? Do they run away or are they cool with it?

Someone having married more than twice or never by the age of 50 are both equally red flags IMO.
How in the world is never marrying by the age of 50 a red flag? Doesn't really make any sense to me.

It could just be as simple as they never found a person that they wanted to marry (yet at least), and decided not to just marry anyone for the sake of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 09:54 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,414,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
A woman who has been divorced once is a red flag to me, I don't care how the marriage ended either.

Four time divorcee will make me a run for the hills.

No thanks.
Lol, not sure why I even bother with your "troll" posts at this point, but I'll bite.

So if the guy became abusive, drunk, a cheater, grew apart, etc. You'd still think it's a red flag on the woman's part?

Just say you don't prefer dating divorce people under any circumstance, and not because it's an automatic red flag.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:04 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,609,366 times
Quote:
A woman who has been divorced once is a red flag to me, I don't care how the marriage ended either.

No thanks.
What???
I was with my now ex-husband for 24 years and he left me for another woman. Why am I now thought of as a red flag? Does his cheating make me un-dateable? Should I have stayed in the marriage? (Three's a crowd for me.)

Old 04-10-2018, 10:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,321,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Lol, not sure why I even bother with your "troll" posts at this point, but I'll bite.

So if the guy became abusive, drunk, a cheater, grew apart, etc. You'd still think it's a red flag on the woman's part?

Just say you don't prefer dating divorce people under any circumstance, and not because it's an automatic red flag.
Just because I post something you disagree with doesn't mean I'm "trolling."

But I wouldn't want to date a divorced woman. If the guy was an ass, then yes I'd feel bad and offer my sympathy but that's it.

Edited to add: If I were trolling, (Which I'm not) you'd know it.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,321,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
What???
I was with my now ex-husband for 24 years and he left me for another woman. Why am I now thought of as a red flag? Does his cheating make me un-dateable? Should I have stayed in the marriage? (Three's a crowd for me.)
That guy was an a** and he did you a favor by leaving so you can do better.

I'm sure you'll find someone who'll accept you (You probably already have) but I don't date divorced women.

Just my choice.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:53 AM

271 posts, read 258,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I wonder if the 4 ex-wives got a good benefits from their divorce. Does he pay any alimony?
I'm wondering if he collects alimony from his wives, I wouldn't be surprised if the women were financially better off than he is. I would never marry a man that has been married 4 times, unless of course I want to hold the title ex-wife #5! Heck, I wouldn't even consider a man that has been divorced twice. If you couldn't figure it out the second time around, I wouldn't be interested. As for third times a charm, yeah right!!

Old 04-11-2018, 04:31 AM

901 posts, read 748,797 times
Quote:

No thanks.
Same. Too much bitter baggage and mental illnesses to deal with.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:10 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,805,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Lol. I was married & divorced three times. Decided I wasn't good marriage material & have been single now for over ,20 years. Best decision I ever made.

My son told me one, Mom, don't get married again. You're not good at that. How right he was.
My mom had been married more than 3x, her last marriage was in Kentucky, same place that stupid county clerk Kim Davis refused to give marriage licenses to gay folks. Davis should have had more of a problem with my mother getting married for the millionth time IMO, than a gay couple getting married for the first time.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:13 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
How in the world is never marrying by the age of 50 a red flag? Doesn't really make any sense to me.

It could just be as simple as they never found a person that they wanted to marry (yet at least), and decided not to just marry anyone for the sake of it.

No, it doesn't make any sense. For your reasons, or the person they found and wanted to marry didn't want to marry them, or get married at all.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,235,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I've never met someone (socially) that has been divorced twice, so I can't imagine this actually happening.
I find that hard to believe. You've probably met thousands of women. How could not one of them have been divorced twice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships