Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow bear View Post
Haven't you heard that if someone invites you to there place for "coffee" it doesn't mean coffee, it means sex. That was in a Sienfeld episode like 15-20 years ago. This is NOT a new concept in the dating world, PLEASE!!!
You just proved my point! That episode was about inviting someone up at the end of an evening date! If I invite you over for lunch or coffee in the middle of the day, it's not an invitation to jump me! Pls read and digest the post you responded to.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:06 PM

770 posts, read 1,178,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You just proved my point! That episode was about inviting someone up at the end of an evening date! If I invite you over for lunch or coffee in the middle of the day, it's not an invitation to jump me! Pls read and digest the post you responded to.
No one is talking about being invited for lunch or coffee in the middle of the day. OP and a romantic interest were in bed watching a movie. Two very different situations. Anyone with any dating experience knows what the latter means. You are trying so hard to be right that you are grasping for straws and creating scenarios out of thin air. Read and digest. Seriously.

Last edited by luckynumber4; 09-01-2013 at 01:36 PM..

Old 09-01-2013, 01:45 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
No one is talking about being invited for lunch or coffee in the middle of the day. OP and a romantic interest were in bed watching a movie. Two very different situations. Anyone with any dating experience knows what the latter means. You are trying so hard to be right that you are grasping for straws and creating scenarios out of thin air. Read and digest. Seriously.
Follow the conversation. It broadened to inviting someone over anytime, a couple of pages ago. And willow bear ignored 1/2 the post s/he was responding to.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:56 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,299,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
This is just shocking.

She invited him into her home and jumped into bed with him. Leave "attack" and other highly charged verbs out of this please. That's very destructive to insinuate he would have been raping her or something. She wanted to fool around and basically kicked him to the curb for pussing out. That's what happened. Deal with reality. Deal with female behavior and accept that it can be duplicitous and nonsensical. I have and so should he.
I wasn't implying a brute force attack. Sheesh. Lighten up.

Next, he said they sat on the bed. Above the covers. This is not jumping INTO bed with someone. It's sitting on the damned bed, watching TV.

I suspect she thought he'd make some kind of move. Kissing, hand-holding, maybe a little more...

But, I betcha if he'd tried to have sex with her, she would've turned it down.

Call it women's intuition.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:58 PM

231 posts, read 294,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post

Next, he said they sat on the bed. Above the covers. This is not jumping INTO bed with someone. It's sitting on the damned bed, watching TV.
I never said that. We were below the covers & laying down.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
Second date.

No. She wasn't inviting him to have sex with her. When a woman genuinely wants to get laid and has a captive man sitting on her bed watching TV with her? She makes a move.

My guess is that she was expecting more overt interest from him so that she could gauge his interest in her and use it to control their interactions.

I suspect she was on the fence about the OP already.

If she was really into him and only got a goodnight kiss, she would likely have needed a verbal reassurance that he was interested.

The OP could've just told her it was all he could do to maintain his gentlemanly behavior that night. Girl would've been flattered. Felt more confident. Next time she asked him over? Game on.

Trust me. I never had problems like some of the crazy mess I read on here. Sheesh.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
I thought you said you were sitting on the bed.

Ugh. Yeah. If you were lying down under the covers and didn't at least try to make out with her and grope her a little, she assumed you were a cold fish.

You learned something new. Next time, you'll know better.

You insulted her. I think that if she had really been into you, you could have recovered after this.

Her dropping you tells me she's got more interesting prospects.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:14 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,122,190 times
Quote:
Well that certainly makes a difference.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:26 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,381,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I wasn't implying a brute force attack. Sheesh. Lighten up.

I suspect she thought he'd make some kind of move. Kissing, hand-holding, maybe a little more...

But, I betcha if he'd tried to have sex with her, she would've turned it down.

Call it women's intuition.
In my experience theres a much better chance she wouldn't have turned me down.

I would bet my experience is far, far larger than yours as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-01-2013, 02:37 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,365,602 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships