Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 09:50 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,215,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
If an ONS turns into a relationship, then it ceases to be an ONS, logically.
The intent was a ONS. I expected or wanted nothing more. He had other ideas. I thought he was attractive (obviously, or nothing would have happened in the first place), and I thought he was cool, so I gave him the chance.

He did say why he liked me. "You have no rules. You go with what moves you and do what you want, long as no one gets hurt. That's awesome."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 09:51 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,761,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
In reality, quality men want a quality woman. And a quality woman knows herself and takes care of herself.
How is a woman having sex with people she hasn't known for very long considered "Taking care of herself" ?

Quote:
I'd say that only the desperate losers care about how quickly a woman has had sex with other men in the past.
You don't seem to know much about men.

All you have to do is look at the billions of humans who live in geographically diffusive cultures where female chastity is prized, to see what male sexual psychology looks like. The fact that this phenomenon persists even in western cultures should tell you something about the depth of its roots.

Quote:
Do you ask for a sex log from every woman you date - including dates, times, and locations that she has had sex in the past? Do you offer up yours in return?
"No" to both of your irrelevant questions. Maybe this is how a person on the autism spectrum would go about it, though.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:51 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,237,379 times
So this is another one of those don't ask don't tell situations?

Old 09-04-2013, 09:56 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,365,602 times
Quote:
Being a bit impatient there are ya?
I need to establish a sexual/physical connection early on in a relationship before I can proceed. I'd hate to wait long only to find out shes not sexually compatible with me, vise versa; now wouldn't we just be wasting time.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:57 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,307,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I need to establish a sexual/physical connection early on in a relationship before I can proceed. I'd hate to wait long only to find out shes not sexually compatible with me, vise versa; now wouldn't we just be wasting time.
I agree with this.

Sexual chemistry is of the utmost importance.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,302,584 times
Each individual has their own idea of the timing for sex and what is appropriate for them and their partner.
It could have an impact but then again it may not have an impact.
I know a few couples who found each other in a bar, went home together, woke up the next morning and did not remember each other's names, they have been married to each other almost 20 years now, so for them it was not an issue at all.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,192,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
How is having sex with people you haven't known for very long considered "Taking care of herself" ?

If that's the case, you don't seem to know much about men.
It seems you are taking all of this very personally.

If a person is just looking for casual sex and is not emotionally invested in someone - then sleeping with them and having no additional contact with them isn't going to be very traumatic. That's what they were looking for. However, if someone meets someone that they can see a future with and they sleep with them right away, and therefore become more emotionally invested in them - and they never contact them again, it's going to hurt. Luckily, I've never been in that situation but I've seen it played out with my friends time and time again.

I don't think sleeping with someone right away is always the wrong decision - I just think people need to be realistic about their own expectations and what they can handle. Obviously - you can't handle a woman that doesn't sleep with you on the first date that has slept with other men on the first date. I honestly don't know why any man would have a problem with that unless you are insecure and feel that you don't measure up to other men. No two relationships are the same. Just because a woman doesn't hop in the sack with you as quickly as she did with someone else doesn't mean you aren't as attractive as the other man was.

Personally, I've never had any regrets in my sexual life and I've never had any issues with this. But I've always done what I'm comfortable with.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:01 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,192,291 times
Quote:

"No" to both of your irrelevant questions. Maybe this is how a person on the autism spectrum would go about it, though.
Then how would you ever know exactly how long a woman waited to have sex with previous partners? Is it so important to you that you would need to know this information? And if you really had feelings for someone - would you really hold her past against her? I just don't get it.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:01 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,215,422 times
Quote:
Agreed. Hiding it, not being fully forthright and open with your partner, is probably how most women would deal with such inconsistency of behavior.
There's nothing to hide. It's just not your business. That you think it is speaks to emotional immaturity, patriarchy, nosiness, and lack of boundaries. You seem to forget that there are other people involved. I do not betray my past boyfriends by discussing my sexual relationships with them with current ones. My relationships with them were between them and me, and no one else. By the same token, my current SO knows that I will not discuss the intimate details of my relationship with him with anyone else should we ever part ways. That is the respectful thing to do between adults.

Quote:
Do you ask for a sex log from every woman you date - including dates, times, and locations that she has had sex in the past? Do you offer up yours in return?
That's assuming there's something to offer up.

Quote:
So this is another one of those don't ask don't tell situations?
Yes. Between adults, it works very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
When dating, some guys will harp on how important a woman's character and virtue are to them, and yet they push for intimacy prematurely in the dating relationship....hypocrite much?
The immature douchecanoes like to use it as a litmus. They forget that if sleeping with them makes a woman dirty, that makes them dirt.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:03 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,237,379 times
What if it is irresponsible sex? That surely must have some bearings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships