Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 09:37 PM

206 posts, read 254,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDaBrain View Post
Read my previous threads. I blame my failings on a variety of different things - horrible luck, working in a male dominated environment as well as an invisible force field over me that makes me absolutely repulsive to women

Women - "having standards is fantastic, don't ever settle"
Men - "you won't date a girl who is 25 Lbs overweight when you are in great shape yourself, you are shallow!"

I'm complaining about that nonsense ^^^
Just overlook it buddy. I learned to....it's not $220 either....I just looked. It's over $242......then guess what? Those same have the gall to ask me for $10 on the street. Should hang your head in shame......REALLY!

Just let it go, complaining gets you nowhere.

The next time a woman gets "light duty" because she can't lift 100 pounds.....AND still makes more then you......just smile.

This will eat you up inside if you let it.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:50 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,547,302 times
OP, you're paying way to much attention about what women say about you and giving their opinion to much weight. just be who you are and let them chirp.

by their standards, i'm a shallow guy. my i no longer apologize for my biological desires, and frankly their criticism doesn't help me satisfy my sexual or emotional desires.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:51 PM

119 posts, read 103,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I won't date a guy that is 25 pounds overweight and I am in great shape.

Whatever. Call me shallow.

You're one of the most sensible posters on here

Old 09-17-2013, 09:54 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Personally, I'd rather be judged on '85,000' things instead of just 'being hot'. I'll never be hot, period. There is nothing I could do (and no, I can't get surgery) to become more 'hot' so I'm automatically out of the running for 95% of men out there. At least men are judged on things that are in their control.
Really

I'm 5-6 and bald

try again

Also, all a woman really has to do to is be thin............THAT'S IN YOUR CONTROL

Old 09-17-2013, 10:06 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
not never, just not nearly as much as men are

To me, we should just get rid of all these labels. Attraction is attraction and it's an involuntary response

Stop the shallow nonsense and stop shaming men for requiring that their partner actually be attractive (which both genders do really)

If men call women shallow, or women call men shallow it doesn't affect me either way. Honestly, I could care less.

How does it affect you?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-17-2013, 10:19 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:
Men tend to judge women on 2 things - appearance and personality
Women judge men on 85,000 things - looks, appearance, job, education, etc... etc... etc... They have way more requirements in a man than vice versa

So how are the men more shallow here?

Why is it more noble to reject somebody because they don't have the income or education you want?
Women get called "shallow" all the time, by both men and women, for all kinds of different reasons.

I think what you're thinking of is men who put looks above all other criteria when choosing women. These are the guys who will put up with all kinds of rude, obnoxious and even abusive behavior from women they consider "hot," while treating kind, funny and supportive women like they don't even exist if they aren't "hot" enough. That is shallow.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:26 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
I would say men have less requirements and things you have to check off in order for him to date(or even marry) a woman

If a guy is physically attracted to a girl, and she makes him feel good(loyal, great personality, loves him etc) she's like 98% of the way there in terms of requirements. I mean...women have gotten married of those 2 things alone

Old 09-18-2013, 05:32 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
Bc on a whole most men are more shallow than most women. Even as a guy I have to admit that.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,268 times
People should date who they want regardless of whether they are viewed as shallow.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel the need to "defend men." I don't need to defend my thoughts/actions let alone those of others. There are more important things than how men are perceived in general, which is a silly concept since there are so many of us.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:56 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Women get called "shallow" all the time, by both men and women, for all kinds of different reasons.

I think what you're thinking of is men who put looks above all other criteria when choosing women. These are the guys who will put up with all kinds of rude, obnoxious and even abusive behavior from women they consider "hot," while treating kind, funny and supportive women like they don't even exist if they aren't "hot" enough. That is shallow.
^^^^This.

It's funny how some guys say that they have a short list of requirements in a woman, and they say that like it's a good thing.

If you're looking for a relationship and a partner to share your life with, you should need and want a lot more than "hot".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships