Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 07:06 PM

119 posts, read 103,671 times

Advertisements

Men tend to judge women on 2 things - appearance and personality
Women judge men on 85,000 things - looks, appearance, job, education, etc... etc... etc... They have way more requirements in a man than vice versa

So how are the men more shallow here?

Why is it more noble to reject somebody because they don't have the income or education you want?

Old 09-17-2013, 07:09 PM

219 posts, read 436,159 times
Dude, get a grip. Why do I get the vibe that somebody doesn't cut the mustard with the ladies?

Old 09-17-2013, 07:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Personally, I'd rather be judged on '85,000' things instead of just 'being hot'. I'll never be hot, period. There is nothing I could do (and no, I can't get surgery) to become more 'hot' so I'm automatically out of the running for 95% of men out there. At least men are judged on things that are in their control.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Personally, I'd rather be judged on '85,000' things instead of just 'being hot'. I'll never be hot, period. There is nothing I could do (and no, I can't get surgery) to become more 'hot' so I'm automatically out of the running for 95% of men out there. At least men are judged on things that are in their control.

Except that lots of women nowadays judge men on appearance almost to the same degree that men have always judged women on...in addition to the 85,000 other things as well

And it's not any easier or less shallow or less difficult for a man to have that super confident extroverted personality that you guys all go crazy for. I don't understand why we all act like it's okay to be super picky on personality, yet not okay to be picky on looks

Old 09-17-2013, 07:19 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDaBrain View Post
Men tend to judge women on 2 things - appearance and personality
Women judge men on 85,000 things - looks, appearance, job, education, etc... etc... etc... They have way more requirements in a man than vice versa

Why is it more noble to reject somebody because they don't have the income or education you want?
Quote:
I wasn't talking about this forum but real life in general
People can reject you for any reason they want, and as many as they want. That doesn't make them shallow. Selecting someone over someone else, based on looks, personality, education, job, income, ethnicity, location, WHATEVER...all of those things are perfectly normal criteria that people base dating decisions on every single day. If they matter to someone, then who are YOU to say that they are not important?

Old 09-17-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
People can reject you for any reason they want, and as many as they want. That doesn't make them shallow. Selecting someone over someone else, based on looks, personality, education, job, income, ethnicity, location, WHATEVER...all of those things are perfectly normal criteria that people base dating decisions on every single day. If they matter to someone, then who are YOU to say that they are not important?

I agree with your first few sentences there

I never said any preferences are not important. It just annoys me how men are always labeled shallow when women have far higher standards and more requirements anyways

Old 09-17-2013, 07:24 PM

350 posts, read 709,833 times
Quote:

Men have to be more shallow because that's what the supermarket checkout aisle magazines (Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Self, Vanity, People, Star, Enquirer, etc) say.

Now, WHO is the target market?

Old 09-17-2013, 07:30 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
I agree with your first few sentences there
I never said any preferences are not important. It just annoys me how men are always labeled shallow
No, they aren't.

Quote:
when women have far higher standards and more requirements anyways
No, they don't.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:37 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Except that lots of women nowadays judge men on appearance almost to the same degree that men have always judged women on...in addition to the 85,000 other things as well

And it's not any easier or less shallow or less difficult for a man to have that super confident extroverted personality that you guys all go crazy for. I don't understand why we all act like it's okay to be super picky on personality, yet not okay to be picky on looks
Because you CAN change your personality. It's been done. If you're not hot, you're screwed. There isn't much I can do to change my looks, but you CAN change your personality.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Because you CAN change your personality. It's been done. If you're not hot, you're screwed. There isn't much I can do to change my looks, but you CAN change your personality.

You can make small changes to your personality the same way you can make small changes to your appearance.

Guys who are born very introverted and soft spoken aren't going to suddenly start having a personality like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Robert Downey JR the same way ugly chicks aren't going to turn into playboy models

It's not any less shallow to be demanding on personality than appearance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships