Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 03:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,265,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Ya know, I can understand not wanting to date someone who is fat (or short, or a certain race, or broke, orwhatever...) but what I don't understand is this deep seated need to tell everyone that you won't date someone who is fat. What's the goal here? Is it to make yourself look better by saying, "I am too good for X group of people"? Can't you just not date them and stop making such a big production out of it?
I don't understand it either. There were lots of guys that I wasn't attracted to when I was dating. I never felt the need to announce it to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 03:27 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,272,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Exactly. Forget curvy or thick..You agree that he shouldn't date a woman he thinks is "too fat".
Absolutely.

If it's a deal breaker, it's a deal breaker.

I don't date fat guys.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:29 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,183,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Are you kidding me? I'm overweight and I get the hottest guy in the room. Or guys.

Sex appeal has got bugger all to do with poundage. Up to a point, that is. When you're my age, everyone has a coupla extra, and if they don't, they've just lost it, or are too scrawny.

It's not very many people who have perfect bodies, and some men LIKE curves in all the right places.
I seriously doubt that.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:31 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,066,317 times
Quote:
Ya know, I can understand not wanting to date someone who is fat (or short, or a certain race, or broke, orwhatever...) but what I don't understand is this deep seated need to tell everyone that you won't date someone who is fat. What's the goal here? Is it to make yourself look better by saying, "I am too good for X group of people"? Can't you just not date them and stop making such a big production out of it?
Well said. Plenty of guys are not willing to date overweight women. But instead of advertising it, they simply go about not doing it. Most of the guys who make a big deal out of stating they won't do it are pretty much jerks all around. NOTE: I'm not including the guys who in the course of a conversation mention they do not feel attracted to overweight women. I'm talking more about the ones who make it a point to belittle and denigrate overweight women (and men as well) as if they gain something from it.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:33 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,395,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I had a job as a Gym instructor I went to school for 4 years. After working for a couple I had a child and decided I didn't want to send him to a nursery for someone else to raise him when I could do it. I had a great situation and money so I was lucky enough to stay at home and be a mum for a few years. I'm very lucky. I didn't choose at 19 to stay at home and clean up after my BF lol
Who do you think most guys would choose. A 19 year old who has been unemployed 2 months..

Or a single mom who hasn't worked for 3 years...

Hmmmm.. that's a tough one..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-19-2013, 03:40 PM

809 posts, read 1,278,351 times
Quote:
Most female posters here may be "overweight". From the threads, it's pretty evident the vibes they give out. Hence the deep seated need to express and yank chains. That's why after a certain point, they get locked with all the bickering

Old 09-19-2013, 03:42 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,278,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Who do you think most guys would choose. A 19 year old who has been unemployed 2 months..

Or a single mom who hasn't worked for 3 years...

Hmmmm.. that's a tough one..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

A 19 year old teenager who trails after her bf to be a maid or a adult with a beautiful son who's bettering her life and going to school for the second time ?

Mmmmm your right....tough one

Old 09-19-2013, 03:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,265,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuss in Boots View Post
Most female posters here may be "overweight". From the threads, it's pretty evident the vibes they give out. Hence the deep seated need to express and yank chains. That's why after a certain point, they get locked with all the bickering
I'm not sure why people on here think that just because you don't enjoy putting down heavy women that you must be heavy yourself.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,711,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuss in Boots View Post
Or maybe there are women here like me who used to be overweight but aren't anymore and are sick and tired of hearing men complain about women's weight and treat overweight women like they're scum of the earth?

I won't date a guy who says negative things about overweight women, even though I'm a 'normal' weight now. It just shows a lack of class. If you don't like 'em, don't date 'em...doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to be a jerk about it.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:10 PM

29 posts, read 38,247 times
I'd take the fat girl who rips my clothes off instead of the skinny b**** who knives me in the back anyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships