Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 03:35 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
That's your choice. You decided you couldn't get over it.
your callousness is only matched by your over simplification of things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 03:45 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
your callousness is only matched by your over simplification of things
I'm sorry you refuse to take responsibility for your own happiness in life. There are so many people like you around. Wallowing in self pity seems to be modern society's sole way of coping with a complicated and difficult world.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:06 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
I would have no problem dating a guy in your situation

Old 10-06-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I'm sorry you refuse to take responsibility for your own happiness in life. There are so many people like you around. Wallowing in self pity seems to be modern society's sole way of coping with a complicated and difficult world.

and viewing abusers as mere strong , ambitious go getters who tell it like is it is also a modern cultural norm and enough this " im sorry " business , phoney lip service is tedious

Old 10-06-2013, 05:07 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
One thing I have noticed about people who seem to embrace victimhood is that they tend to exaggerrate the crimes against them. I agree with the poster Bayarea who described the effect as building a brick wall around yourself for protection until it becomes a prison. Then complaining that someone else did that to you. You have 2 choices: stay in or find a way out.

Life is hard for almost everyone. Are you ever grateful for any of it?

Old 10-06-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
One thing I have noticed about people who seem to embrace victimhood is that they tend to exaggerrate the crimes against them. I agree with the poster Bayarea who described the effect as building a brick wall around yourself for protection until it becomes a prison. Then complaining that someone else did that to you. You have 2 choices: stay in or find a way out.

Life is hard for almost everyone. Are you ever grateful for any of it?

this thread has brought out a hefty number of a h0les but you deserve the gold medal when it comes to offensiveness

bad enough you vomit up that banal crap about how life is hard for almost everyone ( getting fired from your office job is not the same as being abused as a kid ) but then you delve into a lower level of crassness by accusing victims of exaggerating what was done to them

its people like you who cause others to kill themselves but then again , you would no doubt dismiss them as weak and not fit enough for lifes race

Old 10-06-2013, 05:25 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
It seems kinda simplistic and it is, but it is not simple: if you are happy with the way things are, don't change anything; and if you are unhappy do something to change it.

But complaining and remaining stagnant just chases people away.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-06-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It seems kinda simplistic and it is, but it is not simple: if you are happy with the way things are, don't change anything; and if you are unhappy do something to change it.

But complaining and remaining stagnant just chases people away.

its not like fixing a leaking pipe

I have a net worth of the equivalent of nearly two million dollars yet im still haunted by the viscious abuse meated out to me by a psycho ***** manager I had the misfortune of working under when I was twenty years old and overseas , I haven't seen this person in fifteen years this very coming week yet I remember all the vile crap she said and did to me , do you think I remember this stuff because I enjoy it ?

is it so hard to understand that somethings cannot be overcome ?

Old 10-06-2013, 05:48 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
It's a manager from 15 years ago that's the problem?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-06-2013, 05:58 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
its not like fixing a leaking pipe

I have a net worth of the equivalent of nearly two million dollars yet im still haunted by the viscious abuse meated out to me by a psycho ***** manager I had the misfortune of working under when I was twenty years old and overseas , I haven't seen this person in fifteen years this very coming week yet I remember all the vile crap she said and did to me , do you think I remember this stuff because I enjoy it ?

is it so hard to understand that somethings cannot be overcome ?

I believe you're the person who early on in this thread said therapy doesn't work.

But here you say that your issues are extremely difficult to fix. Wouldn't you want the help of a professional who deals with the kind of trauma you've had in your life every single day.

Give a psychologist, counselor, or social worker a chance. Go and stick with them for I'd say at least 4-6 sessions, and if by the end of 4-6 sessions you know they're no good, then move on and try another therapist.

You know that what you're doing right now isn't helping to ease the pain. So why not try something else? Why not try therapy even though right now you believe it doesn't work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships