Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 08:29 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Nobody was meant to be alone forever. However we have shifted into a polygamous society. Women are sharing a shrinking pool of men they approve of wich means more and more men are alone and will stay alone. The only way to reverse this is taking steps that would be considered too extreme. For example I would favor sterilizing (or even castrating) baby daddies who got more than one woman pregnant. This way if a woman wants a child she won't be able to choose the stud that got multiple women pregnant. She will have to pick a guy who was overlooked, many who will end up being better father material than her first selection. Also deep cuts in the welfare state would help these lonely men, in particular if we cut programs for single moms with children. Feel free to disagree but no personal insults as per the rules.

This is hilarious and deserves to be repeated. That's one way for the awkward dudes to get some--legislate pity sex for them!

Old 10-16-2013, 04:06 PM

37 posts, read 59,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You're not very attractive............but you're picky.

Good luck with that.

Lol, I know right?
Prob will have to settle for someone fat, no education, no job, no goals or talents, etc.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Nobody was meant to be alone forever. However we have shifted into a polygamous society. Women are sharing a shrinking pool of men they approve of wich means more and more men are alone and will stay alone. The only way to reverse this is taking steps that would be considered too extreme. For example I would favor sterilizing (or even castrating) baby daddies who got more than one woman pregnant. This way if a woman wants a child she won't be able to choose the stud that got multiple women pregnant. She will have to pick a guy who was overlooked, many who will end up being better father material than her first selection. Also deep cuts in the welfare state would help these lonely men, in particular if we cut programs for single moms with children. Feel free to disagree but no personal insults as per the rules.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:43 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsBelt43 View Post
I'm pretty much in the same situation, except I'm a girl. Just not very attractive. I saw a quote that basically said if I wanted to be with someone, it was easy- I'd just have to find someone uglier than myself. Unfortunately, I just can't like someone I'm not attracted to. And I'm pretty sure most ugly ppl aren't attracted to me either.
I think my problem is that I'm picky- I don't want a lazy overweight soft person, I want someone who works, who has hobbies, blah blah blah.
Also, the only ppl who approach me are either gross old men, or drunk old men. And old ladies are like "oooh you're so beautiful" but nobody from my generation.

commit to being nothing less than your best self. dedicated yourself to becoming an attractive creation unlike anybody else. morning, noon, and night. make it your life's mission to bring out the most love and beauty within you.

eat it, breathe it, live it, be it.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:34 PM

54 posts, read 78,413 times
Some, but not for lack of trying.

Tried HARDER...MUCH harder than ones who fell into their lap ever did.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,238 times
It really makes me wonder that God is punishing many of us with Loneliness, especially when many of us men just can't meet a decent woman anymore to settle down with. And since many women Aren't friendly at all these days, trying to meet one that isn't so very rude when you try to start a conversation with the one that we are attracted to really makes it difficult for us since many women today are certainly Nothing like the real ladies that we had years ago.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:15 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WLD View Post
Some, but not for lack of trying.

Tried HARDER...MUCH harder than ones who fell into their lap ever did.
In many ways, trying too hard can be worse than not trying at all. Women can smell desperation better than a bloodhound can smell...um...blood.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:00 PM

457 posts, read 693,974 times
At 25, I've accepted I'll be alone forever. I don't hate women. I respect women and think they're gorgeous I just don't have anything to offer a woman.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:28 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
At 25, I've accepted I'll be alone forever. I don't hate women. I respect women and think they're gorgeous I just don't have anything to offer a woman.
I think that is a very mature and self-aware decision. I hope you end up having some close women friends at least.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:48 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Jerry View Post
It really makes me wonder that God is punishing many of us with Loneliness, especially when many of us men just can't meet a decent woman anymore to settle down with. And since many women Aren't friendly at all these days, trying to meet one that isn't so very rude when you try to start a conversation with the one that we are attracted to really makes it difficult for us since many women today are certainly Nothing like the real ladies that we had years ago.
I am a woman who could write the same post, but switch genders.

". . . Many of us women just can't meet a decent man . . . "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships