Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 05:27 AM

495 posts, read 684,979 times

Advertisements

To the OP. This is just the way men are, nothing wrong with it. More to the point this is the way men have to be. If we want sex or a date we have to approach alot of women. Its a numbers game and we cant afford to waste any good opertunities. In all my life I have never been approached by a woman trying to get into my pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 05:30 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
That was rude and uncommon of her to say. Most women like being friends with guys.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:21 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,732,035 times
I don't think we live in a feminized culture just because women with self-respect refuse to be booby prizes because the men with these so called raging sex drives couldn't get the hot women they chased, and were unable to catch.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:44 AM

112 posts, read 118,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I don't think we live in a feminized culture just because women with self-respect refuse to be booby prizes because the men with these so called raging sex drives couldn't get the hot women they chased, and were unable to catch.
You couldn't have missed the point any better than that.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:04 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,295,464 times
I often wonder are girls who view themselves as extremely selective when it comes to who they sleep with , more than willing to get down if a hot enough guy shows up ?

I think its admirable if a girl wants to wait but it does sometimes beg the question " is she just waiting for someone hotter than me "

Old 12-30-2013, 09:34 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
In 100% of my relationships with straight men, all of them eventually wanted to get in my pants. My truly platonic male friendships have been with gay men. Straight men and women cannot just be friends.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:59 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,692,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
In 100% of my relationships with straight men, all of them eventually wanted to get in my pants. My truly platonic male friendships have been with gay men. Straight men and women cannot just be friends.
Ugh, I'm starting to agree with you. It's such a disgusting state of affairs. I don't want to have "friends" who are all just biding their time until I cave in and have sex with them. That's so predatory and manipulative.

I just lost a friendship because of this. I was best friends with this guy I knew in high school. I know that he used to have a crush on me but I thought that he had gotten over it. We graduated at 17, we're both 20 now. Every single time I would become interested in other guys, he would become irrationally jealous and angry, acting like I'd cheated on him or something and go sulk. It was so pathetic but I really didn't want to lose his friendship because I don't have many friends to begin with but this is the second time he's done this. This time he begged me to have pity sex with him. WTF? I thought pity sex was an urban legend.

This isn't the first time a male friendship has blown up in my face, but it's going to be the last because I'm done with straight male "friends".

Old 12-31-2013, 04:34 AM

4,215 posts, read 3,764,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
To the OP. This is just the way men are, nothing wrong with it. More to the point this is the way men have to be. If we want sex or a date we have to approach alot of women. Its a numbers game and we cant afford to waste any good opertunities. In all my life I have never been approached by a woman trying to get into my pants.
This made me laugh. Ive always said that a female (regardless of looks) can go out to the bar with no money in her pocket and drink all night for free and have sex with any guy she chooses to. A guy on the other hand will go to the bar, empty his wallet and try his hardest to get some but in the end most likely will come home horny and broke.

Guys will start at the top with the hottest girls and then work there way down. Drunk guys arent always as picky as they say they are. If the ugliest girls in the bar succumbs to the drunk mans charm he will go for it. Women on the other hand have all kinds of standards because they know they have the upper hand. I hot female could walk into a bar, single out that one guy she wants to pursue and wake up at his house the next morning. Thats just the way it is.

Its much harder for guys to meet females willing to have sex so they try every opportunity they can. This is not to say you cant have a friendship but in the back of his mind he is always going to have those thoughts in his mind even if it never happens.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:40 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,027,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Ugh, I'm starting to agree with you. It's such a disgusting state of affairs. I don't want to have "friends" who are all just biding their time until I cave in and have sex with them. That's so predatory and manipulative.

I just lost a friendship because of this. I was best friends with this guy I knew in high school. I know that he used to have a crush on me but I thought that he had gotten over it. We graduated at 17, we're both 20 now. Every single time I would become interested in other guys, he would become irrationally jealous and angry, acting like I'd cheated on him or something and go sulk. It was so pathetic but I really didn't want to lose his friendship because I don't have many friends to begin with but this is the second time he's done this. This time he begged me to have pity sex with him. WTF? I thought pity sex was an urban legend.

This isn't the first time a male friendship has blown up in my face, but it's going to be the last because I'm done with straight male "friends".
True. The vast majority of men cannot have close platonic female friendships but the same is not true the other way around. Men can easily misread signals too, meaning they can take a gesture of friendship as romantic interest. I've seen it before where a guy will be friends with a woman until he sees his opportunity to make a move, e.g. if the woman is having issues with her boyfriend he will do all he can to be her rock and her support with ulterior motives in mind.

If you're a relatively attractive female with male friends, chances are they've thought about sleeping with you many times over.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:49 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post

I'm not sure what kind of guys you are "friends" with but I've had a lot of the same male friends for anywhere from 5 years to 40 years and they have always been just friends and never tried to make things any more than that.
So your "friends" who are straight males were not your friends.

I do find it interesting that you referred to the straight men as "relationships" and the gay men as "friends". Maybe that is the problem, the straight men did not know they were supposed to be just friends because you treated them as relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships