Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 06:14 AM

4,215 posts, read 3,764,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I'm not sure what kind of guys you are "friends" with but I've had a lot of the same male friends for anywhere from 5 years to 40 years and they have always been just friends and never tried to make things any more than that.
So your "friends" who are straight males were not your friends.

I do find it interesting that you referred to the straight men as "relationships" and the gay men as "friends". Maybe that is the problem, the straight men did not know they were supposed to be just friends because you treated them as relationships.

Just because they have not acted does not mean they have not thought about it. For all you know they may occasioanlly think of you when they are with their wives, lol. It just one of those things that you dont know. Doesnt mean they are any less of a friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 08:34 AM

543 posts, read 534,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
If by "feminized culture" you mean a culture in which women are no longer sexually harassed, stalked or threatened, then bring it on. It's all about self control and discipline and not feeling entitled to do/say whatever you want to whoever you want.
I'm pretty sure by "feminized culture", BannedStand meant the pull-no-punches, at-any-cost quest not for equality but superiority of women over men. As if demeaning men and all things masculine is somehow some sort of "reparations" from the men of the present for all past injustices done to women.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:47 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I do find it interesting that you referred to the straight men as "relationships" and the gay men as "friends". Maybe that is the problem, the straight men did not know they were supposed to be just friends because you treated them as relationships.
When these "friends" started to make their sexual comments and/or hit on me, I learned to be blunt and tell them they were my friends ONLY and I did not see them in any other way. One man who I thought was my friend (we discussed just being friends and I explained to him I had no desire for any relationship outside of being platonic friends) kissed me one night. That's when I changed and realized every friendly man has an ulterior motive.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:15 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,027,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
I'm pretty sure by "feminized culture", BannedStand meant the pull-no-punches, at-any-cost quest not for equality but superiority of women over men. As if demeaning men and all things masculine is somehow some sort of "reparations" from the men of the present for all past injustices done to women.
No, I just think that a good number of men want to return to the so-called good old days where they could treat women however they wanted under the guise of masculinity. It's a form of entitlement and such urges need to be kept in check Nobody is demeaning men or feminizing men in any way, but people with PullNoPunches attitude generally want control over women somehow and some way as if they're entitled to make lewd comments and make unwanted advances. And I don't understand the notion of feminized culture he was referring to.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:28 PM

322 posts, read 504,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
To the OP. This is just the way men are, nothing wrong with it. More to the point this is the way men have to be. If we want sex or a date we have to approach alot of women. Its a numbers game and we cant afford to waste any good opertunities. In all my life I have never been approached by a woman trying to get into my pants.
Actually, I'm a man and I don't "have" to be anything. I have never asked a woman out, I prefer my freedom.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
telling her to get over herself was a good thing to say. exactly what she needed to hear.
Apparently, I'm the jerk by some women. LOL!

Old 01-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
So if she threw her panties at you, you would hand them back and tell her you just want to be friends?
If I don't like her, then yes I would do that.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
If a woman thinks that every man wants to bed her then her ego is out of control.
Exactly!

Old 01-06-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Have you seen that Chris Rock video clip people post here occasionally? According to him, every helpful gesture men make toward women is about sex.
That doesn't apply to me. Every helpful gesture I made towards women was only me just trying to help. I never brought up sex. Btw, I help out men as well. I'm just trying to be friendly towards people.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
So basically if a 28 year old man makes a helpful gesture to an 85 year old woman using a walker he really wants to tap that?
EWWWW Lmao!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships