Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 03:50 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
Nope. You are only put in the friends zone when a women finds you not attractive enough to have sex with.

Can this be quantified? How attractive does a woman have to find a man to be considered sufficiently attractive to have sex with? Clearly women's standards are quite rarefied relative to those of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 07:47 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Because most men won't turn it down if offered, even if the man is being lazy about looking.
Damn right! What man would say no to sex?

Old 10-29-2013, 08:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
But how can a guy use you for sex if your a willing person and you had sex with him? Further when i think used, its you were taken advantage of and got nothing out of it? But if you had sex, then you must enjoy it or why have it, unless you had some alt expectation for having sex(it will lead to something mor? If thats the case then the issue is having alt expectations, not being used. Unless you sat down with that person before sex and you said you just didn't want sex and a guy agreed, ok, which i always talk about expectations b4 sex so there are no missunderstandings or hurt feelings.
If the woman doesn't enjoy herself (and by that I mean have a satisfying orgasm) there is no other point to the sexual encounter, because there is no "next time."

Old 10-29-2013, 08:45 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Can this be quantified? How attractive does a woman have to find a man to be considered sufficiently attractive to have sex with? Clearly women's standards are quite rarefied relative to those of men.
On a scale of 1 to 10, the man would probably have to be at least 5.5 preferably higher. That doesn't sound quite so rarefied. Most men would not sleep with less than a 5, I'm reasonably certain.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:46 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If the woman doesn't enjoy herself (and by that I mean have a satisfying orgasm) there is no other point to the sexual encounter, because there is no "next time."
So being used for sex is only being used if you didn't get an orgasim? Just making sure were comunicating.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:58 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Quote:
Rarified?My casual, and anecdotal observation reveals to me a lot of average to below average looking men, men of little wealth, men lacking education, men lacking social skill, men lacking politenes, and men with just about any and every kind of negative personality trait imaginable around and about with women, with kids, etc (signifying in my eyes that there was a woman somewhere who had sex with them... particularly if they have a child).With such vast numbers of men, who I would say fall squarely into the bulk of people as being "average" having opportunties for sex, it would not seem that there any sort of small, rarified class of sex reciving men in society.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
So being used for sex is only being used if you didn't get an orgasim? Just making sure were comunicating.
You said this:

Quote:
But if you had sex, then you must enjoy it or why have it, unless you had some alt expectation for having sex(it will lead to something mor?
When you have sex, you are almost guaranteed an orgasm. Some of you will climax within moments. Women, not so much. Not a lot of premature ejaculation among women. So we may expect something from you during sex, yes. Not a relationship but reciprocity. You say, "if you had sex, then you must enjoy it or why have it," but liking sex in general is irrelevant to whether the person you're with is a lousy lover. If you are asking whether it's still "using someone" if both people were satisfied, then yes. I think "using" is a loaded word, but the goals of most casual sex are self-centered (orgasms, practice, excitement, etc.).

Old 10-29-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
On a scale of 1 to 10, the man would probably have to be at least 5.5 preferably higher. That doesn't sound quite so rarefied. Most men would not sleep with less than a 5, I'm reasonably certain.
??? My readings suggest that these days, most men couldn't even attract a 5 or above.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Rarified?My casual, and anecdotal observation reveals to me a lot of average to below average looking men, men of little wealth, men lacking education, men lacking social skill, men lacking politenes, and men with just about any and every kind of negative personality trait imaginable around and about with women, with kids, etc (signifying in my eyes that there was a woman somewhere who had sex with them... particularly if they have a child).With such vast numbers of men, who I would say fall squarely into the bulk of people as being "average" having opportunties for sex, it would not seem that there any sort of small, rarified class of sex reciving men in society.
It's just that I've been spending too much time lately reading this forum and it has given me the impression that most women won't even date a many who's not at least about three points more attractive than she.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:21 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Quote:
It's just that I've been spending too much time lately reading this forum and it has given me the impression that most women won't even date a many who's not at least about three points more attractive than she.
Nah. That's C-D world, which can be VERY different from the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships