Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 09:08 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I had alot of female friends in the recent past, but kind of cut them off lately. Its not like I don't mind talking etc, but Im kinda sick of ladies getting their emotional needs by just being friends and calling and talking to me for hrs on end. Getting there emotional intimacy needs met. I enjoying talking but the truth is it really doesn't do that much for me as a guy, now for my lady friends its another story, they feel emotionally secure and content from talking.

Do any other guys feel this way? This is why I think the reason we have so many problems between the sexes is we don't understand how different we are like what I said in my last post.
I don't think its matter of problems between the sexes nor do I think its a matter of differences.

My gal pals talk to me about standard stuff how their day was going, what new games their playing, and have goofy friend chat and all that. In my experience my guy friends console their emotions in me more than my female friends but I keep small sector of friends.

I think the "problem" is that is we are trying find to one concrete answer to solve these issues when all the situation are not the same and don't really fall under the same criteria for a single end all be all solution. The question while simple on screen is all over the place in practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 09:21 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
I don't think its matter of problems between the sexes nor do I think its a matter of differences.

My gal pals talk to me about standard stuff how their day was going, what new games their playing, and have goofy friend chat and all that. In my experience my guy friends console their emotions in me more than my female friends but I keep small sector of friends.

I think the "problem" is that is we are trying find to one concrete answer to solve these issues when all the situation are not the same and don't really fall under the same criteria for a single end all be all solution. The question while simple on screen is all over the place in practice.
I agree with you, on most of what you said. My point was testosterone and estrogen effect needs differently both sexually and emotionally. I know its hard to accept it sometimes in a politically correct world. In most aspects there is no differences and we are equal and capable. But somethings we are different.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:29 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
An example of differences is in the study of hormonal release from activities. The hormone that causes the feeling of emotional intimacy and contentment is released in higher doses for ladies talking and shopping and cuddling. Thou males will get a dose of the same hormone doing the same activities its just no ware as high. Thus effects different behaviors to get needs met.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,025 times
Quote:
I agree with you, on most of what you said. My point was testosterone and estrogen effect needs differently both sexually and emotionally. I know its hard to accept it sometimes in a politically correct world. In most aspects there is no differences and we are equal and capable. But somethings we are different.
I accept differences because it works on a scale and I don't think it is because of a "politically correct" world.
If we are going to accept differences the we need to do that. That goes for knowing the difference from man to man and woman to woman.

There is nothing trying to make everyone the same no one is going to be the same by default so nothing is going to change that.

I understand where you are coming from but unfortunately there just is no single solution to a complex problem and even if we all subscribe to the hard wiring view it is not going to stop miscommunication from the sexes because you might chalk as "pc" but its human issue not a man and women issue.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:28 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
In my honest opinion, some women need to get over themselves. When I approach a woman to talk to her, I just want to talk and I'm only being friendly. I never bring up sex at all. I offered to help a woman with a paper in my college class she accepted my help. She then said "I won't have sex with you." I looked at her with a wtf look. I said "I'm just being friendly to you and helping you, get over yourself." Seriously, why do most women think this way? Did it ever occur that some men are just being friendly to you? When I'm being friendly to a woman, that's it.
It is a bad experience with guys in past, I guess.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:04 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,272 times
Why do men assume that women assume that men are trying to have sex with them?

Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Shopping make women horny; remember that guys.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:14 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
An example of differences is in the study of hormonal release from activities. The hormone that causes the feeling of emotional intimacy and contentment is released in higher doses for ladies talking and shopping and cuddling. Thou males will get a dose of the same hormone doing the same activities its just no ware as high. Thus effects different behaviors to get needs met.
I am curious, do you know what releases more in men? What can a woman do to make a man feel more content, etc. I read someplace that men react on an intimate level to food smells (lol... the old cliche of "a way to a man's heart is though his stomach" being maybe based in some truth). A lot of women's perfumes and such are "food" scented as well (vanilla, cherry, etc...). Some women even swear by wearing vanilla extract as perfume (there is one movie star who does this, but I can't remember who it is now). I wonder if that has a hormonal connection like the study showed with women when it came to cuddling and such or if it's a different kind of stimuli.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Shopping make women horny; remember that guys.
Uh no. More like being a human and doing nice unselfish things.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:39 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Why do men assume that women assume that men are trying to have sex with them?
That's cute how you try and twist it around but some people are feeling themselves a bit too much, and that includes women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships