Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:56 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,539 times

Advertisements

To make you smile on a Monday morning....

So "He" was going to spend the weekend at my house, right? Saturday afternoon he sacked out on the couch while I completed a work assignment. He woke up 3 hours later in full agitation mode, pacing the floor and everything.
I'm like -- What is WRONG with you?
Him -- I dunno. I dunno.
Me -- Well, settle down. I'll make some coffee.
Him -- It's just....I'm missing the game.
Me -- Go put on the TV then.

I don't have cable. I've never had cable. There was a full internet block-out (Thank you, Fox) on streaming coverage.

This is tragic, horrible, a calamity of epic proportions. What's a fan to do?

He wound up leaving, but the game would be over by the time he would arrive home. The Red Sox lost, of course, which happened because he couldn't shout at the TV at them (my take).

I haven't spoken to him since. I gather he was shouting at the TV yesterday, because the Red Sox won.

Next thing to happen -- I return his stuff, but I'll make sure to do it next time the Sox play. Then I can just leave a bag at the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 08:04 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Not a lot there on your side, either, I guess.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:40 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
This is why I won't date a sports junkie. Anyone who lets a game outcome ruin their mood is unhealthy, IMO. Sure, it's a bummer when your team loses, but get a grip. It's not the end of the world when you miss a game either. News flash - the score will be the same whether you watch it or not.

I do not blame you for getting out of this one.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:47 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
I hope this is a joke.

My husband is a big Cardinals fan and he has watched every game and not got things done around the house he should.......so what.
He works hard all week long and he deserves to watch the baseball he loves so much and the things around the house that need done will still need done when he gets home and the baseball season is over.

This coming from a woman who has not watched television in 15 years who could also care less about any sports.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:51 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I hope this is a joke.

My husband is a big Cardinals fan and he has watched every game and not got things done around the house he should.......so what.
He works hard all week long and he deserves to watch the baseball he loves so much and the things around the house that need done will still need done when he gets home and the baseball season is over.

This coming from a woman who has not watched television in 15 years who could also care less about any sports.
That's a different situation.

Does your husband have a hissy when he can't watch a game? Does he not talk to you because the tv won't work in his favor? I highly doubt that you would put up with a temper tantrum like that.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:56 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post

To make you smile on a Monday morning....

So "He" was going to spend the weekend at my house, right? Saturday afternoon he sacked out on the couch while I completed a work assignment. He woke up 3 hours later in full agitation mode, pacing the floor and everything.
I'm like -- What is WRONG with you?
Him -- I dunno. I dunno.
Me -- Well, settle down. I'll make some coffee.
Him -- It's just....I'm missing the game.
Me -- Go put on the TV then.

I don't have cable. I've never had cable. There was a full internet block-out (Thank you, Fox) on streaming coverage.

This is tragic, horrible, a calamity of epic proportions. What's a fan to do?

He wound up leaving, but the game would be over by the time he would arrive home. The Red Sox lost, of course, which happened because he couldn't shout at the TV at them (my take).

I haven't spoken to him since. I gather he was shouting at the TV yesterday, because the Red Sox won.

Next thing to happen -- I return his stuff, but I'll make sure to do it next time the Sox play. Then I can just leave a bag at the door.
That is Red Sox Nation for you. They are a very superstitious group, going all the way back to when Babe Ruth left the Red Sox for the Yankees...They were definitely one of the most annoying things I had to experience while I lived in Boston.

But, to break-up with him over it? I dunno, seems a bit stretched unless there is something else going on.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:56 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Isn't the World Series on reg broadcast TV and not on Cable?

Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
You can stream it online through Euro sites for free, not great quality, but I don't own a TV so unless I go to a bar it is how I watch games.

I won't date a sports hating woman. Nothing is more annoying than someone critical of wanting to catch a playoff game or your college team when they're on. I very very rarely schedule my day around a game, but having grown up in Boston and going to a B10 school it is in my blood and I wouldn't want it any other way. When you meet a quality woman that is into sports, any sport, it is such a great thing.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:08 AM

32,658 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Sports are all well and fine, but there is something really off about OP's soon-to-be-ex boyfriend if the game is critical to him and he is incapable of arranging his life so that he is in a location to watch the game when the time and place of the game has been very well advertised.

You'd think if it was so important he could have been better organized about it.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:23 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Anyone who takes a freaking sport that seriously to the point it affects their life or relationship needs to get a clue. Sure I sit down and watch a game once in a while but my life does not revolve around a game which has absolutely no bearing on my life. I have other things to do. I don't scream and shout at the tv. If I see a good play or hit, I say man that was nice or crap that had to hurt but to freak out lol f'ing stupid.
OP get yourself another bf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships