Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 10:41 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Feminism is the greatest lie that has ever been perpetrated (ok, second, after Obamacare), because it encourages women to live in poverty under the guise of being "independent", when in fact, it many cases it completely destroys their standard of living and quality of life.
I read a report on CNN related to that and it was related to the destruction of women's standard of living and quality of life being a direct result of them having children that in most cases they knew that they were not going to be able to afford to take care of but they decided to have them anyway. Researches said that as many as 84% of those women admitted that despite the known economic factors related to their situation and having enough of a brain to objectively realize that they might not be able to afford to raise the children, they went ahead and had sex anyway. In that same study, over 72% admitted that the orgasm(s) that led to the offspring were in fact not really worth it when compared to the impact that having the children had on their lives.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:45 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,841,954 times
One last thing,because I disagree with the article:

Women really don't need husbands.
What's wrong with cohabitating with a man? The outcome is the same. Most people these days are cohabitating and living as a "family".

See Sweden and Norway for examples.

What's not mentioned in the article.....
Lots of women these days make more than some men. It would kind of be detrimental to my income to marry someone making less than me,and since most marriages end up in divorce,well, I WILL not want to pay alimony to some man.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:46 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
This might be a little off topic since it references other threads. But this is about the third or fourth this week that's along the lines this week. I am usually quick to point out when people feel there is a conspiracy, but why so many in one week with the same theme to be hashed and rehashed and eventually locked?

Old 11-26-2013, 10:47 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
One of the OVERWHELMING causes of poverty in this country is being a single woman with a child/children. Pretty obvious that despite the fact that feminism preaches "you don't need a husband", this would prove otherwise. Just imagine how much better our country would be, as a whole, if women didn't think they could do without one.

Feminism is the greatest lie that has ever been perpetrated (ok, second, after Obamacare), because it encourages women to live in poverty under the guise of being "independent", when in fact, it many cases it completely destroys their standard of living and quality of life.

20yrsinBranson

Pulling up a chair, reaching for the popcorn.
I disagree. I think the main cause of poverty in women is not being educated enough,and also not having enough income.

An upper middle class single mom will not suffer economically,if at all.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:29 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
My only gripe with the articles:

Why can't 2 women raise a child together?
Or 2 men for that matter?

Wouldn't the outcome be the same,regardless of the parents' sex?
The same thought crossed my mind. Basically the whole article centered around having children, and that two parents make it easier.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
statistically speaking when two married people raise kids they are more offten better off . It is fact the numbers never lie but people do.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:40 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The same thought crossed my mind. Basically the whole article centered around having children, and that two parents make it easier.

'The Kids Are All Right' Trailer HD - YouTube

Old 11-27-2013, 03:43 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
Need or not it is nice to be married

Old 11-27-2013, 03:56 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Why America in this regard? In most of Europe, for example, the emphasis on marriage is far less.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:06 AM

18,728 posts, read 33,396,751 times
In places like Sweden (with very high taxation) there are lots of benefits for the middle class that in America, a spouse might at best provide.
It it annoying to read the headline "marriage" and realize that it means marriage=children. Not necessarily *at all*.
I personally feel if women want to be parents, it is even more important than if not that one learn how to earn a good living. Doesn't have to be a Career a la the New York Times, but a way to make a decent living for oneself and children and possibly lower-earning spouse/partner.

Increasingly, women of higher incomes and education are choosing not to have children. It's a choice, not a requirement or a given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships